IC : GTA area summer meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #78 of 113
@bonehelm If you're serious, that's awesome! Check your private messages as I have sent you a PM and will gladly offer consulting and logistics support.

@SOULSIK has graciously offered to host a full scale meet-up and posted updates on his early progress in making it happen. I do not understand or enjoy the recent silence.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #79 of 113
Apologies... please go ahead and see if you guys can do it because I do not understand it myself.

Having work and school without weekends off these days, I've only been able to spam richard and ian with emails.

I would love to visit to see what is going on but my time is limited as of now and frustration has reached its limits...

this is what happened since the last update:

They asked me what is needed and I sent them a list....
It seemed like they were planning, I assumed
no response even though I sent multiple emails asking for updates.....

I would have appreciated if they told me straight out that they are not interested or something

At this point, I would rather do it at audio excellence, whos always open to the idea, or somewhere in markham where its smaller but can be done swiftly....

again apologies to you guys as I am sure you guys are frustrated.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #81 of 113
Screenshot_20171022-154824.png Screenshot_20171022-154848.png Screenshot_20171022-154901.png

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #82 of 113
LOl. Not angry at you Ian. I for one appreciate your efforts greatly, and this is certainly more than I ever did for the community. Honestly, really appreciate the effort.

The bad news though is that based on the timing I will likely not be able to join. Perhaps next time.

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #85 of 113
Sorry, but I’m going to have to pass (regardless of date).

From the beginning this “meet” sounded too good to be true. I was somewhat skeptical when Soulsik mentioned Bay-Bloor Radio for the meet. I have a hard time imagining that BBR would entertain such an endeavor in the first place. Souksik said that you can bring your own gear to A & B with other (gears)sic at the store. I can’t see Bay-Bloor Radio taking such a risk with their own equipment not knowing attendees equipment QC. It began sounding more like a commercial venture with manufacturers displaying their wares and the store possibly seeing an assumed and expected sales opportunity. In addition, a time frame of 6:45 to 8:30 after setup and takedown basically equates to a rather short one hour meet. This is not in the spirit of a true headphone meet. I could very well be wrong, and if so then I apologize. Just my opinion.

PS: the plural of ‘gear’ is ‘gear’, not gears .

Gears refers to a disk, wheel, or section of a shaft, having cut teeth of such form, size, and spacing that they mesh with teeth in another part to transmit or receive force and motion.

A small or large number of audio components is simply referred to as gear.

P.S. I still wish to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to Soulsik for his efforts in trying to set up this elusive meet. It’s not an easy task. With appreciation - Bryan

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #86 of 113
Sorry, but I’m going to have to pass (regardless of date).

From the beginning this “meet” sounded too good to be true. I was somewhat skeptical when Soulsik mentioned Bay-Bloor Radio for the meet. I have a hard time imagining that BBR would entertain such an endeavor in the first place. Souksik said that you can bring your own gear to A & B with other (gears)sic at the store. I can’t see Bay-Bloor Radio taking such a risk with their own equipment not knowing attendees equipment QC. It began sounding more like a commercial venture with manufacturers displaying their wares and the store possibly seeing an assumed and expected sales opportunity. In addition, a time frame of 6:45 to 8:30 after setup and takedown basically equates to a rather short one hour meet. This is not in the spirit of a true headphone meet. I could very well be wrong, and if so then I apologize. Just my opinion.

PS: the plural of ‘gear’ is ‘gear’, not gears .

Gears refers to a disk, wheel, or section of a shaft, having cut teeth of such form, size, and spacing that they mesh with teeth in another part to transmit or receive force and motion.

A small or large number of audio components is simply referred to as gear.

P.S. I still wish to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to Soulsik for his efforts in trying to set up this elusive meet. It’s not an easy task. With appreciation - Bryan

I totally understand where you are coming from and I will relay this information to Ian, I was hoping to make things more interesting for everyone... including myself. But I did mention all of the concerns you have just mentioned to Ian and he said he understood and there will no problems...

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #89 of 113
“pop up event for your readers” (whatever his means) at BBR where they’ll promote some new Bose/Sony/b&w gear?

I’ll have to pass regardless of the date as well.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #90 of 113
“pop up event for your readers” (whatever his means) at BBR where they’ll promote some new Bose/Sony/b&w gear?

theres other brands... many others....

May I ask why everyone is so concerned about BBR trying to promote/sell ? I think I made it clear to both you guys and Ian that this meeting is just a community thing.

AND "for your readers" is regards to my review readers who will also be attending. some are in this forum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back