iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications.
Oct 25, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #16 of 151
Thanks for the impression jamato8, I ought to try it out in the next few months.

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 151

Quote:
jamato8, any nice pics you can share? :)

I will try and get some up pretty quick. Compared to the iRiver H120, this amp is small. I was curious, because the internal amp of the iRiver isn't bad, how they compare and that is fast an simple and the results were that everything increased in quality. 
Quote:
interesting impression, jamato8

does this amp compete well with corda 3move or pico? *or any other higher end portable amps

I haven't had the 3move but I had the Pico Slim. I didn't like the top end of the Slim because there was bit of grain or digital edge. The T5 has a digital volume control like the Slim but the top end is very clean and extended. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #18 of 151

Quote:
Well I have received the T5 and the sound is different. An improvement over the past T models. There is a larger soundstage, more spacial information is presented and the amp just sounds more powerful. The fit and finish also step up a good notch. Overall, it just looks, feels and sounds like a higher quality product and I had no real complaints with the T3. It is also nice to have LED's that are visible but not blinding. :^) While the other T models weren't overly bright, this one for the charge and "on", are nicely muted but obvious. The input and output also have a nice solid click to them. The case being made of stainless steel and the zinc frame, with what appears to be a thin rubberized coating would make this battle worthy. 

I am using an iRiver out to the T5 (lossless) and the ESW10 and it makes them sing. 

Sounds quite enticing.

Have you had the opportunity to listen to the FiiO E11?  If so, please share your insight.
I was contemplating the E11 to power a pair of HD25-1-IIs.

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 151

Quote:
Sounds quite enticing.

Have you had the opportunity to listen to the FiiO E11?  If so, please share your insight.
I was contemplating the E11 to power a pair of HD25-1-IIs.

I haven't heard it. 

The push buttons for + and - for the volume works great. Carrying the amp in my pocket there is no way to change the volume by accident and with the 64 steps, there isn't too big a jump at any time. Nice. I wasn't sure I was going to like the push buttons but they work fine. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #20 of 151

Quote:
I haven't heard it. 

The push buttons for + and - for the volume works great. Carrying the amp in my pocket there is no way to change the volume by accident and with the 64 steps, there isn't too big a jump at any time. Nice. I wasn't sure I was going to like the push buttons but they work fine. 

Is the T5 similar in SQ and/or Sound Signature to any portable amps you have heard?

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #22 of 151
I have a little over 100 hours now on the T5. 

The sound has gone through stages, when compared to the output of the iRiver for differences rather than relying on memory of how they sounded different. At this point the T5 has opened up quite a bit, showing excellent transparency and detail. The high frequencies are a little surprising to me as I didn't know which way they would go. The highs are very natural and open. The bass presentation is stronger than the past T models. It is not an emphasis that drifts into the lower mid but you can tell there is power behind it. The low end also seems to go lower. I can tell that this T has advanced, which is what new models are supposed to do but many times end up as just a variation rather than a true step up. I am still not unhappy with the T3, but I can tell that the T5 is more powerful and conveys the music with this solid platform behind it. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #24 of 151

Quote:
Sounds very promising.. Truth be told I'm tempted to pick it up, if not for the PB-1 in my bag...

You mean your PB-1 is in your bag all by its lonesome? How heartless of you! Go out and buy a T5 right this instant to keep it company...

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #25 of 151
What is amazing is that the T5 has some of the best bass response of the iBasso amps. Very well controlled with actual bass notes down low and it stays out of the way of the rest of the music. I was also sure I wasn't going to like the digital volume control, with relation to the upper frequencies of the sound so I was prejudiced against it but I was wrong. This is a very fast sounding amp, with a great frequency range all coming through as very transparent. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #27 of 151
Jamato, had time to take any pics yet?

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #28 of 151
Since the t5 seem to have quite a bit of power I guess it should work fine with grados? I don't have an amp to use with my rs2i, It's a hazzle to use the pb2 with both high and low imp cans with the gain switch being inside of it. I'm looking for an amp to use with both iems and my Grados. Been eyeballing the p-51 for like a year now, but maybe the t5 is an alterenative?

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #29 of 151
I now trying to get more of a handle on the sound of the T5 but I had some sort of inner ear infection for a few days, which throws everything off. Recovering now, thank god, and getting a feeling for the sound again. 

I like the two push buttons for volume as you would have a hard time changing them unless you intend to and it is easy to feel which is + or - as the + is at the end by the jacks. Charging with the USB is also very easy. I have yet to run the T5 down all the way but when I get to 15 hours or so I plug it back in. The feel of the case is rock solid. I can't imagine this case giving it up even after years of use. It doesn't seem to show scratches either. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back