iBasso SR2 Reaching for more music.
Sep 1, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #151 of 205
@Paul - iBasso sorry for off-topic.
Can I have a question?
Are ibasso staffs working as usuall?
I order 2 pairs of PT1 pad directly from ibasso.com and payment immediatly at the order time (8/Aug) by Paypal.
It is like I got no reply email from Ibasso.

Thank you
Please email me with your shipping information and I will find out what is going on with this order and the tracking for it.

paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #152 of 205
Did anyone try cb17 cable with sr2?
64725943-C2ED-43C4-8523-4D355FC1EE0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #154 of 205
I will be ordering a cable soon after the new year. I love these phones.
I use them most every day. I use the Utopia and the SR2 the SR2 just a bit more for the more organic sound.

Dec 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #155 of 205
Has anybody seen these on sale anywhere this week?

Dec 29, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #157 of 205
Good morning,
I'm looking for a stock cable, if you have one you are willing to part with, please let me know
Thanks & Happy Holidays!!!

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #159 of 205
can someone explain, who has the better wording skills than myself, what one would here, if the pads were changed from the small perforation pads to the wider/more perforation pads?
Made a detailed post just a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, because there are two separate threads, you probably missed it. Either way, here's a link to it:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-sr2-🍀-🇺🇸-here-😳.939082/post-16815801

If anyone from this thread hasn't already read it, I heavily recommend giving it a read. I compare the two stock pads and also the Dekoni Autio Fostex TH/Audio Technica AH Elite hybrid pads.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #160 of 205
as i said....someone with better wording.... you've explained there why i have chosen the pads with the larger perforation. I own also a Dan Clark Aeon 2 Open. which i like. So i'm more for the sound you've described. Thanks for reassuring i've chosen the correct pads.

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #161 of 205
Yes, we have the CB17 that is just coming out. It is a very reasonable (and worth much more) 99 USD.

4.4mm Balanced Cable

High Purity Silver Copper Alloy
Braided Tangle Free Construction
Plug: 4.4mm gold plated balanced TRRRS
Length: 180CM ± 5CM
I am very much interested in this cable. But it does not seem to be available anywhere. Are there any other cables that I can try. I tried the Meze cable and it just doesn't do it for me.

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #162 of 205
I am very much interested in this cable. But it does not seem to be available anywhere. Are there any other cables that I can try. I tried the Meze cable and it just doesn't do it for me.
Which Meze cable, and what don't you like about it? I'm using the 4.4mm balanced upgrade cable, and I think it works well. I believe if I want something better, I'd need to go custom, which will cost close to twice as much.

Mar 3, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #163 of 205
Which Meze cable, and what don't you like about it? I'm using the 4.4mm balanced upgrade cable, and I think it works well. I believe if I want something better, I'd need to go custom, which will cost close to twice as much.
The 4.4mm balanced from meze. IMO it is hazier, less resolving and the bass is softer compared to a 4.4mm balanced cable from newfantazia. I had never heard about new fantazia but I find their 50 usd cable better than the meze.

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #164 of 205
The 4.4mm balanced from meze. IMO it is hazier, less resolving and the bass is softer compared to a 4.4mm balanced cable from newfantazia. I had never heard about new fantazia but I find their 50 usd cable better than the meze.
Interesting. I've owned a few of their cheap cables in the past. I thought they sounded terrible. Very grainy with a veil. Definitely not resolving. They did add add bass, but not in a good way. Different strokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back