iBasso SR2 Reaching for more music.
Jul 4, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #166 of 205
Pure Silver ?
I use cb17. It’s good but i wonder if copper could be more Warmer.
Il like sub bass …

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #168 of 205
The SR2 really benefits from pure silver. It's only one of the few I've owned that does. I prefer pure copper with all my other sets, as they have a tendency to get a bit bright and splashy with solid silver. The SR2 frequency response is quite fantastic. Doesn't really need EQ work, but some minor adjustments, this baby is solid gold. I've been buying and returning/selling headphones in the 1000 - 1300 dollar price bracket, yet have not found a set I like as much as the SR2. I have a few more that I want to try, but if they don't stack up, I'm done trying. It blows my mind that these haven't gained considerably more traction.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #169 of 205
The SR2 really benefits from pure silver. It's only one of the few I've owned that does. I prefer pure copper with all my other sets, as they have a tendency to get a bit bright and splashy with solid silver. The SR2 frequency response is quite fantastic. Doesn't really need EQ work, but some minor adjustments, this baby is solid gold. I've been buying and returning/selling headphones in the 1000 - 1300 dollar price bracket, yet have not found a set I like as much as the SR2. I have a few more that I want to try, but if they don't stack up, I'm done trying. It blows my mind that these haven't gained considerably more traction.
Agreed…nothing in the 1600 range is better

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #170 of 205
The issue is that. They are a huge bargain but the SR2 doesn't get the respect it should, why? Because they don't cost enough. Better to listen with your ears than with the money stuck between your ears and the drivers!

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #171 of 205
The issue is that. They are a huge bargain but the SR2 doesn't get the respect it should, why? Because they don't cost enough. Better to listen with your ears than with the money stuck between your ears and the drivers!
This x1000!

I've been saying this ever since I've fallen in love with them. If they were priced a couple times their MSRP, all the nay sayers would've paired them with 'proper' amps and would've heard their potential.

Everything about these headphones makes them valid to be priced at least 3x their MSRP.

SR2 is Sony level in terms of scale.

I mean... you get this superb headphone, and then you also have the flexibility to fine-tune them with 3 different ear-pads (there are probs more out there).

Everyone has their headphones, and these are my headphones. These are IT for me.

Jul 4, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #172 of 205
This x1000!

I've been saying this ever since I've fallen in love with them. If they were priced a couple times their MSRP, all the nay sayers would've paired them with 'proper' amps and would've heard their potential.

Everything about these headphones makes them valid to be priced at least 3x their MSRP.

SR2 is Sony level in terms of scale.

I mean... you get this superb headphone, and then you also have the flexibility to fine-tune them with 3 different ear-pads (there are probs more out there).

Everyone has their headphones, and these are my headphones. These are IT for me.
I recently discovered that Kennerton pads can be used on the SR2. I have four different sets I still need to experiment with.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #173 of 205
I recently discovered that Kennerton pads can be used on the SR2. I have four different sets I still need to experiment with.
I’m really interested in your experience with different pads. For me the difference between the two pads delivered with SR2 is almost like two different headphones. I often wonder when I read reviews what pad they were using.

I’m very careful to recommend headphones. The taste and other parameters like recording, pads, source, cable, placement on head and so on makes a huge difference. But for me SR2 is a keeper. I tend to reach for them more than other headphones that I own right now.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #174 of 205
I’m really interested in your experience with different pads. For me the difference between the two pads delivered with SR2 is almost like two different headphones. I often wonder when I read reviews what pad they were using.

I’m very careful to recommend headphones. The taste and other parameters like recording, pads, source, cable, placement on head and so on makes a huge difference. But for me SR2 is a keeper. I tend to reach for them more than other headphones that I own right now.
I feel the same way about making recommendations. Lots of factors as you mentioned, plus the subjective listening experience.
I haven't had time to play around the pads. In the process of getting everything together to move the family to a different State. Some day, I hope.

Aug 14, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #175 of 205
I feel the same way about making recommendations. Lots of factors as you mentioned, plus the subjective listening experience.
I haven't had time to play around the pads. In the process of getting everything together to move the family to a different State. Some day, I hope.
Thanks fr your reply!

I like the pads that is the brightest of the two most. For me they have a great energy and tonality, they make my feet move. The darker ones have other qualities that I love to. Perfect for me would be something in between the two. That’s why I’m interested to learn about other pads.

Kudos to Ibasso. It feels like the really go far to deliver products that punches above the price. And as I already stated this headphones stays with me.

Aug 20, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #176 of 205
I've just made a discovery that I'm surprised I didn't notice before. I've been annoyed that I find it tricky to change pads on the SR2. but now I have discovered a great advantage of the construction. this particular construction gives the possibility to turn the pads and thus create different fits which in turn give different tonality. so now I have the pair that I previously thought was too dark in tonality. just by twisting the pads they've got a different sound. I'm really sensitive to tonality. SR2 which I really appreciated before has now risen even more in attraction for me.

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #177 of 205
So you test big pads ?

Aug 20, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #179 of 205
I've just made a discovery that I'm surprised I didn't notice before. I've been annoyed that I find it tricky to change pads on the SR2. but now I have discovered a great advantage of the construction. this particular construction gives the possibility to turn the pads and thus create different fits which in turn give different tonality. so now I have the pair that I previously thought was too dark in tonality. just by twisting the pads they've got a different sound. I'm really sensitive to tonality. SR2 which I really appreciated before has now risen even more in attraction for me.
Did you twist them the full 180 degrees?

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #180 of 205
I bought them used. and the pads were mounted with the joint facing up. The sound was very good except that they were too little bass. Otherwise they were seductive. The other pair were almost the opposite and V-shaped.

I then turned the dark pads 180 degrees. Then I felt that there was more midrange and the bass was no longer as boomy as before. I then I tried angling the headphones forward on my head and the tonality got better. So in my case I now have them approximate 25-30 degrees (I don’t have them by my side writing this) backwards with the joint downwards. and I experience a big difference for the better.

They probably closed too tightly earlier so that the bass took over and the midrange was too restrained. I now want to do the same with the other pair to see if it can increase the bass something which was the only thing i was missing before.

It seems that the pads position an angle alternating the sound quite a bit. I just did this and will test some more. I just wanted to know if someone else experienced similar.

And I’m surprised that the reviewers haven’t specified what pads that was mounted on the headphones as far as I can remember. Correct me if I’m wrong.

The two pairs is in my experience are very different in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back