Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #646 of 915
Put my SR2's back on today and I'm am going with some jazz. Started off with Red Clay moved onto Blue Train and am now doing a deep dive with four Donald Byrd albums.
The SR2's may not hit the really high notes with horn jazz, but they also do not have the sometimes piercing highs that come along with them.

Going to run these through the weekend with all my amps.
I LOVE this hobby! :L3000:

20221027_090623.jpg
That's on my favorite things about the SR2. Non piercing highs, more mellow and a bit laid back, yet plenty of detail and information.

Oct 27, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #647 of 915
Sr2 is next purchase, got some nice bread rolling in now

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #649 of 915
It's been 13 days since I got my pair. I'm not gonna have a coherent review of these things, I've simply never had headphones of this price point or greater before so I have no realistic point of reference.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Impressions: My brain is filled with dopamine. Seven thumbs up, I don't know where the other hands came from.
more coherent review coming i don't know check back in a very very long time after ive had more experience in general

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #650 of 915
It's been 13 days since I got my pair. I'm not gonna have a coherent review of these things, I've simply never had headphones of this price point or greater before so I have no realistic point of reference.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Impressions: My brain is filled with dopamine. Seven thumbs up, I don't know where the other hands came from.
more coherent review coming i don't know check back in a very very long time after ive had more experience in general
They are really nice and a great value. I put mine on several days ago and I am really enjoying rolling through lots of different music on a few different amps.:thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #652 of 915
Bonjour à tous, savez-vous où je pourrais trouver un tuto pour transformer le sr2 de semi-ouvert à ouvert ? J'ai trouvé quelques membres comme @Bonddam qui en parlaient mais je ne sais pas quoi supprimer précisément. Merci en avance.
Please post in English so everybody can understand you, this way more people will be able to help you out =)

I think Bonddam is the only person who has performed the mod, you can see more details about his procedure on this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-sr2-reaching-for-more-music.938512/post-17108672

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #654 of 915
I have been whittling down my collection for a while and have another set of headphones going up for sale next weekend.
I am going to relax after that. My new magic number for headphones will be six. And I will be keeping the SR2's. They do enough different from my big combo (Grado GH2 and Focal Elex) to justify a place in the collection.

The only thing I don't like about them is the flimsy headband. I am constantly adjusting the left side for fit. I will soon start tightening the set screws. Hopefully I don't then run into any broken/cracked plastic pieces.

Overall I really do enjoy the SR2's. Nice bass, good treble with no piercing highs and great mids. A fun set for the collection.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #655 of 915
I have been whittling down my collection for a while and have another set of headphones going up for sale next weekend.
I am going to relax after that. My new magic number for headphones will be six. And I will be keeping the SR2's. They do enough different from my big combo (Grado GH2 and Focal Elex) to justify a place in the collection.

The only thing I don't like about them is the flimsy headband. I am constantly adjusting the left side for fit. I will soon start tightening the set screws. Hopefully I don't then run into any broken/cracked plastic pieces.

Overall I really do enjoy the SR2's. Nice bass, good treble with no piercing highs and great mids. A fun set for the collection.
Most definitely fix the headband! That's quite literally the first thing I did. It was constantly sliding up, so I just used the headband stoppers as intended.

To satisfy my OCD, I used a ruler to ensure that the two sides were at the same height and made sure they are even. Never had to worry about getting a bad fit ever again, it's a perfect fit every time =D

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #656 of 915
Most definitely fix the headband! That's quite literally the first thing I did. It was constantly sliding up, so I just used the headband stoppers as intended.

To satisfy my OCD, I used a ruler to ensure that the two sides were at the same height and made sure they are even. Never had to worry about getting a bad fit ever again, it's a perfect fit every time =D
And thank you for pumping this headphone up. It really is a pretty cool product that I may not have looked into without your constant cheerleading across multiple forums. :smile:

They really do bring something different to the table.
I am pretty content with my headphone collection now. Just one more pick-up in the near future. Still going to be selling hardware (amps, EQ, cables, etc.), as I continue to slim down all parts of the collection.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #657 of 915
And thank you for pumping this headphone up. It really is a pretty cool product that I may not have looked into without your constant cheerleading across multiple forums. :smile:

They really do bring something different to the table.
I am pretty content with my headphone collection now. Just one more pick-up in the near future. Still going to be selling hardware (amps, EQ, cables, etc.).
Thank you for the appreciation and the support! I'm sure that my constant mentioning of the SR2 can get a bit tiring..

You know, I consider myself to be someone who is honest, even though I am a part of the critic world, and it's very rarely that I see genuine potential in a product. A product can be good, but it takes quite a bit of something special to make me go around recommending it. I explored the SR2 in its entirety, and the conclusion I drew is that it's very, very special. So, I just wanted to share this where it's appropriate. Listening to music with the SR2 is an experience of its own, and I think everyone deserves to experience it for themselves!

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #658 of 915
Please post in English so everybody can understand you, this way more people will be able to help you out =)

I think Bonddam is the only person who has performed the mod, you can see more details about his procedure on this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-sr2-reaching-for-more-music.938512/post-17108672
I had already read this post but it is not explicit enough on what it did exactly. In addition, he says he handed over one of the two sheets, but I don't know which one. I'll wait for a specific answer before I start editing. Thanks

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #659 of 915
Finally got my torx 2 screwdriver to adjust the earcups. I did it kind of clumsily, not really sure what I'm doing, but I have managed to make it feel more balanced on my head. Before, one of the cups was a tighter seal than the other and nobody wants that.

Dec 3, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #660 of 915
Finally got my torx 2 screwdriver to adjust the earcups. I did it kind of clumsily, not really sure what I'm doing, but I have managed to make it feel more balanced on my head. Before, one of the cups was a tighter seal than the other and nobody wants that.
Hey,

what exactly do you have adjusted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back