Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #901 of 915
Most headphones are like this. And I always have to make sure for critical listening that I have the temple sections of my glasses, out from under the pads, since they break the seal.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #902 of 915
I just want to say that still, after 4 years, these headphones don't cease to amaze me! Every single time I put them on, I am reminded of what music is supposed to sound like. I don't get this feeling from any other headphones. It's as if the SR2 is leagues above everything else...

I cannot describe why, but with the SR2, it's like the only headphone I feel like elevates that headphone experience to a different level. The SR2 is an embodiment of what a premium headphone is. It truly deserves that title. You can have no critical listening expertise, and I guarantee that you would still notice how much the listening experience differs from the normal consumer or entry-level audiophile headphones. Us audio enthusiasts and "skilled" listeners notice how different headphones scale up the higher you go up the price ladder, but a casual music listener will have a very difficult time with that. However, it's not like that with the SR2, I feel. It's not like you need a special amp or source to drive these either. Over 90% of the time, I thoroughly enjoy these just through my old 2015 MacBook... and I still get blown away. The SR2 actually became my primary audio choice for cinema watching on my laptop.

The tactility, the immersiveness, the tonality, the imaging, it makes you go "WOAH!".

These will forever be my holy grail.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #903 of 915
I just want to say that still, after 4 years, these headphones don't cease to amaze me! Every single time I put them on, I am reminded of what music is supposed to sound like. I don't get this feeling from any other headphones. It's as if the SR2 is leagues above everything else...

I cannot describe why, but with the SR2, it's like the only headphone I feel like elevates that headphone experience to a different level. The SR2 is an embodiment of what a premium headphone is. It truly deserves that title. You can have no critical listening expertise, and I guarantee that you would still notice how much the listening experience differs from the normal consumer or entry-level audiophile headphones. Us audio enthusiasts and "skilled" listeners notice how different headphones scale up the higher you go up the price ladder, but a casual music listener will have a very difficult time with that. However, it's not like that with the SR2, I feel. It's not like you need a special amp or source to drive these either. Over 90% of the time, I thoroughly enjoy these just through my old 2015 MacBook... and I still get blown away. The SR2 actually became my primary audio choice for cinema watching on my laptop.

The tactility, the immersiveness, the tonality, the imaging, it makes you go "WOAH!".

Yes, but what about the SR3? :p

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #904 of 915
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #905 of 915
Yes, but what about the SR3? :p
The SR3 is the more serious, reference-grade, version of the SR2. It will certainly be more appreciated by those "more serious" music listeners. Personally, I love the fun that the SR2 brings. This "fun" has a physical depth to it, and that's what I always dreamed of in a pair of headphones. I've spent a lot of time with the Sennheiser HD598, and I've always been looking for that step up in sound performance; a headphone that would make me feel like I am listening to something different, something more exciting than the HD598. The SR2 is everything I could ever ask for in a headphone.

As I wrote in my SR3 review, these two headphones are like two flavor variations. Which one suits your taste, is entirely up to you.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #906 of 915
I just had these on today and was comparing them to the FT5's. And they were winning. I do love their sound. And then, yet again, their crappy build quality shone through and the screw that holds the cup on broke in half.
Sigh...

I just threw them in the garbage can. I will miss the sound, but the FT5's are pretty close and I certainly won't miss the problems and the flimsy build.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #907 of 915
I just had these on today and was comparing them to the FT5's. And they were winning. I do love their sound. And then, yet again, their crappy build quality shone through and the screw that holds the cup on broke in half.
Sigh...

I just threw them in the garbage can. I will miss the sound, but the FT5's are pretty close and I certainly won't miss the problems and the flimsy build.
Anything can break. For mine, I had a screw get a little loose and I tightened it, which was easy. Also, if not tightened, then there is a lot of strain not he screw and it can break. My SR2 and 3 have had a huge amount of use and are still just fine both in build and function. Some other headphones that cost far more, have had issues that could be fixed and a couple that had to modified. Stuff happens.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #908 of 915
Sigh...

Please tell me that you are joking. You didn't actually throw them into a garbage can, did you?

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #909 of 915
Anything can break. For mine, I had a screw get a little loose and I tightened it, which was easy. Also, if not tightened, then there is a lot of strain not he screw and it can break. My SR2 and 3 have had a huge amount of use and are still just fine both in build and function. Some other headphones that cost far more, have had issues that could be fixed and a couple that had to modified. Stuff happens.
Yes I had to tighten them regularly especially after I changed the headband. I even resorted to loc-tite to keep them attached.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #910 of 915
Yes I had to tighten them regularly especially after I changed the headband. I even resorted to loc-tite to keep them attached.
A good loc tight would hold the screw. Looking at my SR2 right now and looking at some headphones costing 5 and 6 times as much and there headband assembling isn't as good and the leather section on them is junk compared to the SR2. That is my experience.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #912 of 915

Has it already been four years?!

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #913 of 915
Sigh...

What a waste. No wonder the ocean is full

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #915 of 915
Anyone tried to swap the pads for any of aliexpress?

I see some gel made, and Im curious...
Not any from Aliexpress, but I've tried some from Kennerton, and some pads John uses on his XTC headphones. They all made the SR2 sound dull, muffled and blunted - some worse than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back