Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Dec 29, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #677 of 915
1672331093322.jpeg

Dec 29, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #678 of 915
I love SR2's headband! Imo, it's perfect. Wouldn't change anything about it.

If I get my hands on a pair, expect a comparison between the SR2 and the SR3. And yeah, 150ohms is very exciting.
I never had an SR2 but just got the SR3 today. Fully agree, the headband is perfect !
It’s almost like there’s nothing on the head.

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #680 of 915
Reposting this from the DX320 thread.

Quick first impressions.

They are reference sound at their best ! All the details are picked up nicely and accurately.
Soundstage is wide and spacious. They are my first open back and I really like them.
Bass is tight and fast, although they don’t slam like the Z1R (costs 3 times more I know).
I have been listening to them for couple of hours now and they are not at all fatiguing, very well tuned and goes quite well with the DX320 + stock AMP.
Headband is very comfy, don’t feel the weight at all.

Overall comparing with my Z1R, I would say Z1R sounds like listening to a pre-recorded audio, like a CD wherein the SR3 sounds like I am in the studio or at a live performance.

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #681 of 915
Reposting this from the DX320 thread.

Quick first impressions.

They are reference sound at their best ! All the details are picked up nicely and accurately.
Soundstage is wide and spacious. They are my first open back and I really like them.
Bass is tight and fast, although they don’t slam like the Z1R (costs 3 times more I know).
I have been listening to them for couple of hours now and they are not at all fatiguing, very well tuned and goes quite well with the DX320 + stock AMP.
Headband is very comfy, don’t feel the weight at all.

Overall comparing with my Z1R, I would say Z1R sounds like listening to a pre-recorded audio, like a CD wherein the SR3 sounds like I am in the studio or at a live performance.
I prefer the SR3 now to the Utopia. The Utopia sound slightly hollow, which give them a bigger sound but you can hear in the comparison, it isn't real. The SR3 are rich and natural with excellent detail retrieval. This is with the DX320 line out, Cayin 300BMKII or the HA-3A. With the DX320 and phone out I also hear the difference.

Dec 30, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #682 of 915
I prefer the SR3 now to the Utopia. The Utopia sound slightly hollow, which give them a bigger sound but you can hear in the comparison, it isn't real. The SR3 are rich and natural with excellent detail retrieval. This is with the DX320 line out, Cayin 300BMKII or the HA-3A. With the DX320 and phone out I also hear the difference.
Do you consider them an upgrade from the SR2? How different is the tuning?

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #683 of 915
I just came back to post about how non-fatiguing the SR2 is, the news of the SR3's existence has slammed me in the face! wow!

Anyway, paired with an Emotiva A2M BasX, and I'm using a TDA lite dac from aliexpress, I have basically completely turned off treble fatigue? This works best with the SR2, and my meze 99 neo.

I'm not joking. I'm listening to Merzbow Pulse Demon (2019) right now and it's not unpleasant. This is insane

Dec 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #684 of 915
For me, both my SR3 and Z1R have found their uses. When I want to relax and listen to some music I prefer the SR3. But if I’m playing Gran Turismo 7 Music Mode or Chorus on my PS5, Z1R all the way.

SR3 has all the details and spaciousness and is definitely less fatiguing for long relaxed music listening, but it’s reference tuning and has a flat sub bass which makes it unsuitable in places where you need that extra slam !

When playing GT7, with the SR3 it’s super boring because the engines ”vroom” and “roar” are just not there and the music beats just doesn’t get the slam they need and sound too flat. Here the Z1R shines !

But listening to vocals, instruments and classics, the SR3 for me has the perfect tuning for that !
Either way I feel for the asking price, the SR3 is unbeatable.

Dec 30, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #685 of 915
For me, both my SR3 and Z1R have found their uses. When I want to relax and listen to some music I prefer the SR3. But if I’m playing Gran Turismo 7 Music Mode or Chorus on my PS5, Z1R all the way.

SR3 has all the details and spaciousness and is definitely less fatiguing for long relaxed music listening, but it’s reference tuning and has a flat sub bass which makes it unsuitable in places where you need that extra slam !

When playing GT7, with the SR3 it’s super boring because the engines ”vroom” and “roar” are just not there and the music beats just doesn’t get the slam they need and sound too flat. Here the Z1R shines !

But listening to vocals, instruments and classics, the SR3 for me has the perfect tuning for that !
Either way I feel for the asking price, the SR3 is unbeatable.
We can agree to disagree on the dynamics of the SR3. I get excellent dynamics and bass slam that is precise and doesn't bleed into the lower mids. But the dynamics when amped right is superb, IMO, and rivals any headphones I have, regardless of price. And when need be, not polite in sound at all.

Dec 31, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #686 of 915

Given the comparison to the Utopia (original version?) and the other equipment in your signature, this is quite an endorsement.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #687 of 915
Given the comparison to the Utopia (original version?) and the other equipment in your signature, this is quite an endorsement.
Most headphones are way overpriced. But unless they were, people would not agree as to how good they are and they must be the best. Sure, there are some standouts but knowing some manufactures and a few that worked with some of the larger companies that make some well thought of headphones, the actual cost is so much lower than most realize. So cost is not the variable but too many are steeped in the idea that it is. The SR3 hit on something that is really good.

Yes, original Utopia.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #688 of 915
We can agree to disagree on the dynamics of the SR3. I get excellent dynamics and bass slam that is precise and doesn't bleed into the lower mids. But the dynamics when amped right is superb, IMO, and rivals any headphones I have, regardless of price. And when need be, not polite in sound at all.
You are right. I tried it again with a Zen DAC with Power Match and TruBass, the SR3 is now a different beast !
What I love most about these headphones are that they are perfectly tuned. None of the frequencies overshadow one another and they don’t go into their extremes which gives a clear, enjoyable presentation all day long without causing any fatigue !

I‘m replacing my Z1R with SR3 as my music/gaming headphones at home. Z1R goes back in the box !
The SR3 are amazing, especially for it’s price imho it deserves more attention and it’s own thread.

Jan 5, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #689 of 915
С Новым годом всех!)) У меня теперь SR--2 & Ananda SM в тандеме с DC-300+Aune S7Pro поют изумительно, хоть и из разных миров... Есть у кого свежие впечатления от сравнения SR-2 & СР-3...?? Насколько оправдано обновление? Большое спасибо!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back