Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Jan 29, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #706 of 915
Does anybody know what is needed to tighten the screw holding the cups in place? Mine has been loose on one side since I got them and of course it's getting worse. I tried every allen key I could find, but none were small enough. Do you even use an Allen screw?
Pic attached.

Thanks in advance!

20230129_152145~2.jpg

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #707 of 915
Does anybody know what is needed to tighten the screw holding the cups in place? Mine has been loose on one side since I got them and of course it's getting worse. I tried every allen key I could find, but none were small enough. Do you even use an Allen screw?
Pic attached.

Thanks in advance!

20230129_152145~2.jpg
It requires an Allen wrench. Not hard to do.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #708 of 915
Pic attached.

Thanks in advance!

20230129_152145~2.jpg
IIRC that's a pentalobe screw. Just get a multi screwdriver kit like this here. It'll have all the screwdrivers you need for this as well as laptop stuff.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #709 of 915
IIRC that's a pentalobe screw. Just get a multi screwdriver kit like this here. It'll have all the screwdrivers you need for this as well as laptop stuff.
Cool looking sets but my cup does not rotate enough to allow a tool that long? Maybe I will just try buying some smaller Allen keys tomorrow.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #710 of 915
Pic attached.

Thanks in advance!

20230129_152145~2.jpg
Allen wrench?…
5F28C518-54E9-4A35-8CBF-4A2DC16BEB0C.jpeg

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #711 of 915
You ought to email iBasso and ask before you make things worse!

The yoke screws are either Torx T6 or 1.5mm hex. The T6 fits tighter, so I suspect that is what they are. But whatever they are you will need a micro key set to get access without damaging the earpieces. Even with a magnifying glass I cannot tell if they're hex or torx.

The silver user-adjustable screws on the headrest adjuster are definitely T5 screws. There's plenty of clearance to tighten those with a quality T5 driver. I suspect these are all Torx, because allen hex recesses this small are an invitation to disaster in assembly, let alone user adjustment.

DO NOT USE A HEX KEY on Torx screws or you'll strip the recess and may never be able to tighten or remove them again. Pentalobe are 5-point recesses (Apple's stupid effort to prevent users from opening up their products) and Torx are 6-point. Not the same.

WIHA has a mini Torx set and a micro metric hex set. The Torx set is #363HM7 and the micro metric hex set is #352HM5. I just tested and they barely fit the available working space. You may damage the ear piece screen, so beware.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #712 of 915
Jan 29, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #714 of 915
It's a torx screw. Size 5 if I remember correctly, but that was a while ago.
Trying now to find a local set. Most are eight piece sets and start at T10. The hunt will go on.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #715 of 915
Trying now to find a local set. Most are eight piece sets and start at T10. The hunt will go on.
I think I found a set on Amazon. Again, I can't confirm of the appropriate size, but 5 sounds right. Worked perfect for me. Just have to make sure it's the right size and fits snug as to not strip. I actually replaced two of mine with a little larger screw. The stock ones just fell out while hanging on my rack.

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #716 of 915
I think I found a set on Amazon. Again, I can't confirm of the appropriate size, but 5 sounds right. Worked perfect for me. Just have to make sure it's the right size and fits snug as to not strip. I actually replaced two of mine with a little larger screw. The stock ones just fell out while hanging on my rack.
I thought that was your slider screws?

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #717 of 915
The SLIDERS are T5. The YOKE is either T6 or 1.5mm hex (probably the former).

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #718 of 915
You ought to email iBasso and ask before you make things worse!

The yoke screws are either Torx T6 or 1.5mm hex. The T6 fits tighter, so I suspect that is what they are. But whatever they are you will need a micro key set to get access without damaging the earpieces. Even with a magnifying glass I cannot tell if they're hex or torx.

The silver user-adjustable screws on the headrest adjuster are definitely T5 screws. There's plenty of clearance to tighten those with a quality T5 driver. I suspect these are all Torx, because allen hex recesses this small are an invitation to disaster in assembly, let alone user adjustment.

DO NOT USE A HEX KEY on Torx screws or you'll strip the recess and may never be able to tighten or remove them again. Pentalobe are 5-point recesses (Apple's stupid effort to prevent users from opening up their products) and Torx are 6-point. Not the same.

WIHA has a mini Torx set and a micro metric hex set. The Torx set is #363HM7 and the micro metric hex set is 352HM5. I just tested and they barely fit the available working space. You may damage the ear piece screen, so beware.
Wow! T6? All I see is T5 and T10. T6 would definitely be a specialty tool. Yikes.

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #719 of 915
The SLIDERS are T5. The YOKE is either T6 or 1.5mm hex (probably the former).
The slider uses Torx the yoke uses an Allen wrench.

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #720 of 915
The slider uses Torx the yoke uses an Allen wrench.
If true, that's awesome! I have NO idea where I would even get a T6.
I just emailed iBasso to ask about it. China is 12 hours ahead of me so, hopefully I will hear back tonight. And hopefully that person knows the answer. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back