Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Jan 29, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #723 of 915
It was. Still Hex. Is the size different?
@jamato8 says that the yoke is metric hex. I have an email into iBasso. I think I will go buy some keys tomorrow anyway. I need some small metric hex and will likely need a T5 torx eventually.

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #724 of 915
@jamato8 says that the yoke is metric hex. I have an email into iBasso. I think I will go buy some keys tomorrow anyway. I need some small metric hex and will likely need a T5 torx eventually.
That's my bad. Out of town, so I don't have mine with me.

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #725 of 915
That's my bad. Out of town, so I don't have mine with me.
I appreciate all the help from everybody. Hopefully, I get this done tomorrow. I just want to tighten it a bit before it breaks off.

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #726 of 915
I appreciate all the help from everybody. Hopefully, I get this done tomorrow. I just want to tighten it a bit before it breaks off.
You can always go to your local hardware store and get some that are a little more sturdy. I'd recommend this as the stock screws will likely eventually fail. My only complaint about these headphones.

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #727 of 915
You can always go to your local hardware store and get some that are a little more sturdy. I'd recommend this as the stock screws will likely eventually fail. My only complaint about these headphones.
I am going local tomorrow. What size screws did you use for your sliders? Are all four sliders the same size as far as screws go?

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #728 of 915
I am going local tomorrow. What size screws did you use for your sliders? Are all four sliders the same size as far as screws go?
I brought the originals with me, compared, and went up one size. Philips screw type, keep it simple. They went in just fine, just go easy with it.

Jan 29, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #729 of 915
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #730 of 915
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #731 of 915
On my third full day with these on my head something got even more noticeable.

First I should backtrack and state that my Little Dot MK9, right from the start, has had some hum. But only when you pause the music and max the volume.

Anyway, the 16 Ohm impedance really seems to pushing this issue. I changed all the tubes, checked that the amp was on low gain, moved the gear around to try to isolate the amp, plugged the amp into a different outlet and even tried it on my office system.
With these headphones, I can even hear the hum between the songs using this amp. I will have to quit using this amp with the SR2's.

As an FYI:
1) HiFiman HE6se V2's were dead quiet at any volume. Would be interesting to try high gain, but would probably sound like crap due to low power output.
2) Grado GH2/Hemps. Only noisy at high volume.
3) CFA Cascades. Only noisy at high volumes.
4) Focal's are a mixed bag. Two good and one sensitive, which I think was the Elex's.

The SR2's sounded Great on the RebelAmp, Violectric V220 and iFi Pro iCAN.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #732 of 915
For the yoke on the SR2 or SR3 the Allen size is metric and it is a 1.5. For the side slider it is a Torx 5 and headband it is a Torx 4 and for the section that the yoke attaches to it is a Torx 2. So you need a Torx 5, 4 and 2. Make sure they are pushed in well when you tighten or loosen the Torx screw.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 29, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #733 of 915
A truly awesome manufacturer response!

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #734 of 915
For the yoke on the SR2 or SR3 the Allen size is metric and it is a 1.5. For the side slider it is a Torx 5 and headband it is a Torx 4 and for the section that the yoke attaches to it is a Torx 2. So you need a Torx 5, 4 and 2. Make sure they are pushed in well when you tighten or loosen the Torx screw.
Thank you! I need to buy a Torx set right away.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #735 of 915
I appreciate the info and I tightened my yoke today. I have looked but I do not understand where the Torx 2 would be used? Could you show me a pic or diagram?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back