Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 19, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #616 of 915
I don't think it sounds very closed at all. Nothing like most closed backs I've heard actually, except for my Kennertons which are known to have an expansive stage for being closed. It's not wide open like a Hifiman, etc, but how many wide open headphones have the same dynamic and energetic kick - full lively and engaging like the SR2? If such a headphone exists, especially at this price, I'd love to know what it is. I'd say that the SR2 is 85% as open sounding as my Clear MG.

Sep 21, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #617 of 915
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #619 of 915
I don't remember placing an order for these pads I got from China but I am pretty sure they came from Ali Express. I decided to put them on SR2 and it does some good and bad depending on person. They took a bit to get them on but once I figured the trick they go quick. They help with some of the treble areas and midrange stays intact though bass gets change from sub to mid bass emphasis.

Rezz sounds pretty good with her midrange rifts to mid bass area. Sub bass is still there but more neutral and that with no eq and full open behind the driver unlike most who have not removed that paper covering the back of the driver.

SubOxyde does not need any treble or bass improvements sounds very much like my higher end phones to a degree.

Headphone is not laid back anymore.

So I looked and they are beyer black

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-191655.png
    Screenshot_20220923-191655.png
    774.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #620 of 915
16639751348347228101034226859091.jpg
16639751742376569331182968965854.jpg

I don't remember buying these and my kids said no. So good 🫘😊

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #621 of 915
My other Pad is the sub bass king for this headphone.
Screenshot_20220922-130050.png

These are better for lows and holographic stage.
PXL_20220916_181646427.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #622 of 915
double post

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #623 of 915
I would look at Beyer pads as first choice as they are more lively. If you want holographic and lots of sub bass with highs far away and everything far go with my leather pads.

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #624 of 915
Well I have been using the SR2's kind of regularly. Before and after my newest headphone, the Focal Radiance, I have been comparing these to my beloved Focal Elex's.
It has been surprisingly close! The Elex have a more narrow sound stage, comparable bass and more high end leading to more detail, IME.
The SR2's have a wide stage, very good bass, and pretty good mids.
I would say the Elex's are more technical and the SR2's are more fun. The wider, broader presentation really sweeps you up in the music. The Elex's win on clean and clear. My favourite music sounded different on both and for the most part, I enjoyed both.
I had a test list of 13 songs that I played with each headphone on my iFi Pro iCAN, using just a minimal bit of bass boost.
Then I did it again with the Violectric V220. They sound much closer on the V220. The soft, warm sound rounded both them off.

The iFi gave each one a noticeably different sound signature.

I can see why the SR2's have a solid fan bass. I am really curious to try them out on my new-to-me Rebel amp tomorrow.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #625 of 915
Well I have been using the SR2's kind of regularly. Before and after my newest headphone, the Focal Radiance, I have been comparing these to my beloved Focal Elex's.
It has been surprisingly close! The Elex have a more narrow sound stage, comparable bass and more high end leading to more detail, IME.
The SR2's have a wide stage, very good bass, and pretty good mids.
I would say the Elex's are more technical and the SR2's are more fun. The wider, broader presentation really sweeps you up in the music. The Elex's win on clean and clear. My favourite music sounded different on both and for the most part, I enjoyed both.
I had a test list of 13 songs that I played with each headphone on my iFi Pro iCAN, using just a minimal bit of bass boost.
Then I did it again with the Violectric V220. They sound much closer on the V220. The soft, warm sound rounded both them off.

The iFi gave each one a noticeably different sound signature.

I can see why the SR2's have a solid fan bass. I am really curious to try them out on my new-to-me Rebel amp tomorrow.
To me, the SR2 has just a very, very slight hint of grain. I much prefer this to a more stark, somewhat sterile, and crystalline sound, such as something like Hifiman, Focal, etc. The dynamics are very impressive on the SR2, and that holds a lot more value for myself.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #626 of 915
To me, the SR2 has just a very, very slight hint of grain. I much prefer this to a more stark, somewhat sterile, and crystalline sound, such as something like Hifiman, Focal, etc. The dynamics are very impressive on the SR2, and that holds a lot more value for myself.
I would agree with that. Dynamics are a good way to describe it. I never know the right words to describe
sound.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #627 of 915
So I'm selling them as I'm trying to get back to Diana TC but will return to purchase another in future. If y'all try the mod you only need mechanic screw driver. Peel the black oval stickers covering the screws. Then lift the entire baffle which has the jack for the headphone connected to it. Once our flip and peel the circle paper. If you like it better on stick it back on. Takes 10 minutes doing it moderate. Everything is protected so you would have to be all party in the back business in the front to screw it up. Yes I'm from that time period.lol

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #628 of 915
*Fumbles behind sofa for money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back