Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #586 of 915
I cannot see you being unhappy…I had the LCD2 which are planar…sold them promptly after getting these.
These day scrolled truth all pages of this sr2 thread and with each post wanted more and more to try sr2 as i know i like quality dynamic not less than planar type of sound. And seem like mostly happy listener here, or at least unhappy are going somewhere else to cry ..
But at this price ( i can get them similar to current sundara price) i think i will grab them more sooner than later...

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #589 of 915
I would but no dealers stock it near me

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #590 of 915
Has anyone heard sundaras or ananda as i woud like to buy sr2 but dont know how it all look after these. Overal i am ibasso fan but their daps and iems, newer heard any their headphones. In some reviews i heard sr2 is better in some areas as bass extension and musicality, but is it truth. Who knows.
For you guys here sr2 seems really special at their price so i believe it could be good adition to hifiman house planar house. Somehow i feel i will like them knowing ibasso and what they do with daps and other stuff.
I had the Sundara's and liked them. Good bang for the buck. They did nothing bad, but also did nothing great. I sold them on quite a while ago. I think they are a great value and would be plenty for most people.

I was looking at the Ananda's, but the more I read the more I noticed that a lot of people were selling them and upgrading to the Arya's. So I thought I would wait for the Arya's, but they are pretty pricey.
After a while I decided to jump on the HiFiman HE6se V2's for $599.00US. AWESOME headphones, if you have the amp for it. They are staying until they break. :smile:

I have only had the SR2's for a few weeks, but they are really fun. Tons of bass and great mids. And SUPER easy to drive.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #591 of 915
Has anyone heard sundaras or ananda as i woud like to buy sr2 but dont know how it all look after these. Overal i am ibasso fan but their daps and iems, newer heard any their headphones. In some reviews i heard sr2 is better in some areas as bass extension and musicality, but is it truth. Who knows.
For you guys here sr2 seems really special at their price so i believe it could be good adition to hifiman house planar house. Somehow i feel i will like them knowing ibasso and what they do with daps and other stuff.
For being a dynamic, the SR2 is pretty clean and clear sounding. Yet it doesn't have the somewhat sterile approach that many planars often have. The upper mids through the upper treble aren't going to be as bright and bouncy as Hifiman, and that's a good thing imo. The overall presentation in the upper frequencies is going to be a smoother ride, however resolution is still fantastic for a dynamic. Speaking of dynamics, the sub and mid bass is going to hit with some slam and pop compared to the Sundara. Yet it remains tight and visceral with a great mix of speed and decay - without any bleed or bloom that over shadows or diverts your attention to this particular region. The mids are incredible, and that's that. Soundstage isn't going to be as wide, but it still has plenty of depth to keep the music outside of your head, while remaining highly engaging. Just get em 👌

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #592 of 915
I have the SR-1,actually 2 pair,1 NIB & untouched..I also had HiFiMan HE6 Adorama & Sundara,both running balanced from the R28.A week after getting the SR-1 I returned the HE6Ad & sold the Sundara to a co worker..
To me,the HiFiMan sound is akin to looking out over snow covered fields under a clear blue sky while the iBasso is more like watching a blazing orange sun dipping below a beautifully colored horizon..I have absolutely no desire to try any other headphones.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #593 of 915
I had the Sundara's and liked them. Good bang for the buck. They did nothing bad, but also did nothing great. I sold them on quite a while ago. I think they are a great value and would be plenty for most people.

I was looking at the Ananda's, but the more I read the more I noticed that a lot of people were selling them and upgrading to the Arya's. So I thought I would wait for the Arya's, but they are pretty pricey.
After a while I decided to jump on the HiFiman HE6se V2's for $599.00US. AWESOME headphones, if you have the amp for it. They are staying until they break. :smile:

I have only had the SR2's for a few weeks, but they are really fun. Tons of bass and great mids. And SUPER easy to drive.

For being a dynamic, the SR2 is pretty clean and clear sounding. Yet it doesn't have the somewhat sterile approach that many planars often have. The upper mids through the upper treble aren't going to be as bright and bouncy as Hifiman, and that's a good thing imo. The overall presentation in the upper frequencies is going to be a smoother ride, however resolution is still fantastic for a dynamic. Speaking of dynamics, the sub and mid bass is going to hit with some slam and pop compared to the Sundara. Yet it remains tight and visceral with a great mix of speed and decay - without any bleed or bloom that over shadows or diverts your attention to this particular region. The mids are incredible, and that's that. Soundstage isn't going to be as wide, but it still has plenty of depth to keep the music outside of your head, while remaining highly engaging. Just get em 👌

I have the SR-1,actually 2 pair,1 NIB & untouched..I also had HiFiMan HE6 Adorama & Sundara,both running balanced from the R28.A week after getting the SR-1 I returned the HE6Ad & sold the Sundara to a co worker..
To me,the HiFiMan sound is akin to looking out over snow covered fields under a clear blue sky while the iBasso is more like watching a blazing orange sun dipping below a beautifully colored horizon..I have absolutely no desire to try any other headphones.
Nothing more to say guys. Thank you for sharing all experiences. Nothing is better than hearing straight from your lips and even comparing to headphones i know.
So decision is clear and already made - thank you for giving me good info to rely on. Wanted to upgrade dap but think that headphones will give me more different sound than even huge costing daps. So sr2 will be first buy, hope will join the SR2 gang soon :wink:

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #595 of 915
I'm looking at SR-2 and Audeze lcd-X. Is it worthy to pay 3-times more to get audeze ? I dont have any experience with planars so I can not say if I like planar sound or not.
Thanks for any inputs.
My personal taste favors planars. I heard LCD-X and it's really good headphone. I'd have to use EQ (add bass), but it's not unusual. I owned SR-2 and to my ears it's really bad - completely boring, muddy bass etc. I know I might be alone with this opinion, but that's how I hear it. So, between these two, LCD-X all day any day.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #596 of 915
My personal taste favors planars. I heard LCD-X and it's really good headphone. I'd have to use EQ (add bass), but it's not unusual. I owned SR-2 and to my ears it's really bad - completely boring, muddy bass etc. I know I might be alone with this opinion, but that's how I hear it. So, between these two, LCD-X all day any day.
I am not trying to dismiss your experience,
But. SR2's sound significantly differs by pairing it with different amps, and it changes even more with different ear-pads. I went over this several times in the past, in great detail too.

I know this is going to look as though I am trying to push only one narrative, but believe me, that's not the case. Over the years I've learned how to critically listen to music, and with this critical listening I can assess different sound qualities. I consider myself as someone who is qualified to judge sound critically. Personal preference (e.g. "boring") is one thing, technical qualities (e.g. muddy bass) are another.

This said, respectfully, I disagree. SR2's bass didn't sound muddy in any case, no matter what ear-pads I used and no matter which amp I paired it up with. I listened to the SR2 at moderate listening levels, but I assume that the sound performance can drastically change at louder listening volumes. I have a friend who listens to music at (to me) extreme listening volumes, and the higher you go (usually) the more the sound breaks apart (loss of sound qualities).

Anyhow, I think that the best answer to OP is to listen to any headphones before buying them.

Once again, I don't want to make this thread a place to push away anyone who dislikes the headphones, it's just that I think that my opinion as a critic is valid, especially when technical qualities are mentioned. This is not a cult, it's not a fan-boy club, this a place for open discussion.

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #598 of 915
@Shane D How are you enjoying SR2's so far? Anything new you found out about them?

I just got reminded how well put these stay on the head. Was jamming pretty hard, they didn't move an inch.

*sigh*.... Honeymoon phase all over again =)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #599 of 915
@Shane D How are you enjoying SR2's so far? Anything new you found out about them?

I just got reminded how well put these stay on the head. Was jamming pretty hard, they didn't move an inch.

*sigh*.... Honeymoon phase all over again =)
I put them back on these weekend. I do like them. I enjoyed them with all genre's this weekend. I don't think they have ultimate clarity as they are a bit warm (read bassy). Today I went through my test list and a few other favourites. I did some volume matched comparisons (wow, are these ever easy to drive!).
The Violectric V220 is a pretty warm amp and forms a very warm combo with SR2's. It is a wonderful combo unless you were looking for clarity and precision as your ultimate goal (like my LSA HP-2's).

With the iFi Pro iCAN, the sound is much more neutral. Not as fun. I did bass boost at 10hz and it improved the sound, to my preferences. Not nearly as fun as the V220 though.

I do like these headphones and they differ enough from my other ones that they seem like a keeper. I had too many other things to do this weekend to give them a lot of time or attention. But I will wear them every day after work this week.

Still looking like a great purchase. :thumbsup:

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #600 of 915
I put them back on these weekend. I do like them. I enjoyed them with all genre's this weekend. I don't think they have ultimate clarity as they are a bit warm (read bassy). Today I went through my test list and a few other favourites. I did some volume matched comparisons (wow, are these ever easy to drive!).
The Violectric V220 is a pretty warm amp and forms a very warm combo with SR2's. It is a wonderful combo unless you were looking for clarity and precision as your ultimate goal (like my LSA HP-2's).

With the iFi Pro iCAN, the sound is much more neutral. Not as fun. I did bass boost at 10hz and it improved the sound, to my preferences. Not nearly as fun as the V220 though.

I do like these headphones and they differ enough from my other ones that they seem like a keeper. I had too many other things to do this weekend to give them a lot of time or attention. But I will wear them every day after work this week.

Still looking like a great purchase. :thumbsup:
How'd you compare the SR2 to the Elex? Having just sold the Elex, I found it very technically accomplished and quite dynamic, but the somewhat cold, steely timbre it exhibited with strings and female vocals ultimately made me sell it, despite liking the headphone quite a bit. I am considering the SR2 now, together with the Avantone Planar as that one also seems well received

Users who are viewing this thread

Back