Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
May 12, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #526 of 915
Def gonna order a spare set. I need these headphones in my life forever.
Me, 2 set already.
Not SR2 but SR1.
I love my moded SR1 as like my hd800s.
(I spent 2 set in the pass so total 4 set)

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #527 of 915
Def gonna order a spare set. I need these headphones in my life forever.
That's the way to go.

I'm blessed to have two sets of the SR2 and I do not take it for granted, not for one second. I'm sure many, many "reviewers" would've sold not one, but both sets as soon as they were done with their review.

I will keep posting A/B comparison and keep contributing with as much info as possible. I already posted my pad comparison, I plan to keep doing similar things whenever I see an opportunity to do so.

These headphones remain a hidden gem to this day, and at this point I don't even mind it.

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #528 of 915
I'm not a regular listener to music by any means, which I know is quite odd for this hobby. However, when I listen to music, I make it count.

This being said, today I decided to listen to Alphaville's "Summer In Berlin" and "Big In Japan" from the Forever Young album, and damn, did I get humbled.

To be honest, I get humbled every time I listen to the SR2... the more you listen to it, the more you realize it's qualities and how exceptional it is. The tuning is nuts, just the treble qualities alone are mind-blowing.

I know my praise of SR2 is getting similar to @paulybatz enthusiasm, but the more headphones you get to listen to, the more you realize how mature of a headphone this is. The price of it's is completely delusional, it really doesn't do its performance justice. Like I said in the past, it could've easily been priced 3x its MSRP.

Can't wait to pair the SR2 with the DX320 and new amp modules. Also, I really want to take some more pics of this beauty!

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #529 of 915
I'm not a regular listener to music by any means, which I know is quite odd for this hobby. However, when I listen to music, I make it count.

This being said, today I decided to listen to Alphaville's "Summer In Berlin" and "Big In Japan" from the Forever Young album, and damn, did I get humbled.

To be honest, I get humbled every time I listen to the SR2... the more you listen to it, the more you realize it's qualities and how exceptional it is. The tuning is nuts, just the treble qualities alone are mind-blowing.

I know my praise of SR2 is getting similar to @paulybatz enthusiasm, but the more headphones you get to listen to, the more you realize how mature of a headphone this is. The price of it's is completely delusional, it really doesn't do its performance justice. Like I said in the past, it could've easily been priced 3x its MSRP.

Can't wait to pair the SR2 with the DX320 and new amp modules. Also, I really want to take some more pics of this beauty!
I upgraded the cable…thanks to Ted Allen…they got even better…I have to take them out of the drawer tonight…thanks for reminding me…I’m the same. I go through waves of listening. Just put Spotify on the MAC…but I like CDs through the optical player into the ADI Pro 2

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #530 of 915
I upgraded the cable…thanks to Ted Allen…they got even better…I have to take them out of the drawer tonight…thanks for reminding me…I’m the same. I go through waves of listening. Just put Spotify on the MAC…but I like CDs through the optical player into the ADI Pro 2
I don't think I'll change the cable as though I really love every bit of the stock cable.

You couldn't have worded it in a better way: Listening waves. It's quite literally that. Just like with movies, my mood must be exactly right in order to listen to music, and the music must match that mood.

Sometimes I'll listen to music every other day or so, and other times I can literally go weeks without listening to music. But there's no better feeling when you listen to the right music, at the right time, with the right headphones!

Jun 13, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #531 of 915
Another post, this time it's about burn-in. I have one pair of SR2 which I use (not on a daily basis), and one brand-new pair with barely any playtime. To be clear, the pair with more playtime hours doesn't have a significant number of hours, but still enough to say that it's got some miles on it.

Like I mentioned here in a previous post, I am by no means a frequent listener, so most of my stuff doesn't have a lot of mileage on it.

However, yesterday I pushed the SR2 a little bit harder and noticed that its sound changed. The best way I could describe it is that it was unfamiliar. What actually happened is break-in. At least that's my assumption. I usually listen at moderate or low levels, and this time I really pushed it past that norm. I believe that the driver's surround got extended and thus became "broken-in", therefore changing the overall sound.

At first, I did A/B testing with the Dekoni pads still on my pair, and stock pads on the brand-new pair. I thought it was the pads that caused the drastic change in sound. Then I switched out the Dekoni pads for stock pads, and then I had a controlled A/B test since both pairs were exactly the same. I even tested it with the same cable to make sure that it's not coming from the two difference (stock) cables.

It turns out that the sound really changed. The most prominent change, and the main change that I noticed is in treble. On the brand-new pair highs sound much harsher, more tactile (better speed), and crisp. Personally, I prefer that sort of a more aggressive sound, but the broken-in pair sounds like the treble has settled in. I think that more people prefer the warmer sound after breaking-in, but there's something about that "harsh" (to me it's pleasing) upper end that makes it my preferred choice.

This being said, I think that anyone who found the treble to be bright and harsh upon first listening should leave it playing some music at a louder listening level. I can confidently say that there is a clear difference because I have two pairs. One with more use, and one in almost untouched state... it's as objective as it gets without using professional measurement tools/equipment. Of course, there are still non-controlled variables that vary (e.g. when taking the headphones off and putting the other pair on the head, the ear-cups might not be in the exact same position as on the other pair). But the most important is that the ear-pads are the same, the cable is the same, the headphones are the same. The key difference is that one pair has a lot of playtime, while the other has barely any.

Usually people talk about break-in and burn-in after X amount of time using a single product, and there is more than enough reasons to be skeptical about that, mainly because people are speaking from memory, and as we all know, human memory isn't all that reliable, especially auditory memory. It could be days, weeks, months, or even years of use between the stock state of the product and the used state of the product. Sure, if time travel existed we could just go back in time when the product was in stock state, but since we don't have time travel yet, we are stuck with only memories =)

Quoting the one and only, controversial nwavguy:

"Johnston points out our [human's] ability to compare two sound sources starts to degrade after only 0.2 seconds. The longer we go between hearing Gear A and Gear B the less accurately we can draw conclusions about any differences. And the longer the gap the more expectation bias creeps into what we remember. Our memory, like our real-time hearing, is by necessity highly selective. Our brains are constantly discarding large amounts of “data”. Other studies back this up including the AES paper Ten Years of ABX Testing which found near immediate comparisons were far more likely to detect differences than extended listening with at least a few minutes between changes. This is the opposite of the common erroneous belief that long term listening is more sensitive."

For this reason, I strongly believe that having two identical products is essential for valid and reliable AB tests. Human memory is way too subjective to be considered reliable or valid.

TL;DR — after pushing the SR2 considerably louder than usual, the sound is audibly different compared to my brand-new pair (which probably doesn't even have an hour of playtime), therefore leading me to the conclusion that break-in is real.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #532 of 915
I have finally joined the Voja train.:smile:
I just ordered a set of SR2's tonight. I have been curious about them for maybe the last year. Tonight I was browsing the main SR2 sites and I noticed that Shenzhen Audio had a bit of a sale going on. I recently bought an LD MK9 and had some points available. So, I got them for $487.10. Quite happy with that.

Now it is the wait. Usually about two weeks from China to the east coast of Canada. I wasn't planning on buying anything until fall, but the price pushed me over.:sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #533 of 915
I just ordered a set of SR2's tonight. I have been curious about them for maybe the last year. Tonight I was browsing the main SR2 sites and I noticed that Shenzhen Audio had a bit of a sale going on. I recently bought an LD MK9 and had some points available. So, I got them for $487.10. Quite happy with that.

Now it is the wait. Usually about two weeks from China to the east coast. I wasn't planning on buying anything until fall, but the price pushed me over.:sweat_smile:
I'm eagerly waiting to hear your impressions hehe

Tips: Once you receive them, play around with the pads. Find a card or something thin that will help you tuck in the pads (to ensure the best seal). If you find them too crisp and bright out of the box, let them run for a bit (if you push them to louder listening levels, it will speed up the process, but make sure to be careful with it!).

I'll save the congratulations for later, I don't want to jinx anything :wink:

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #534 of 915
I'm really wanting a set of these. Just need to find a few hundred ££.

Jul 2, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #535 of 915

Now it is the wait. Usually about two weeks from China to the east coast. I wasn't planning on buying anything until fall, but the price pushed me over.:sweat_smile:
Welcome to the club! Bout time haha

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #536 of 915

I hate you right now ...

Hate gone, envy swallows me.

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #538 of 915
Loving my SR2 today and every day before…running through my ADI2 PRO single ended with a commissioned silver cable from Ted Allen

Widened, deepened and sharpened the already amazing stock sound

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #539 of 915
Got my SR2's today. I plugged them into my iFi Pro iCAN right away. I went tube at first and then changed to SS. Low gain and no sound effects. The volume is at about 9:30 and plenty loud for me. I am enjoying the sound with no sound mods. Of course I will tinker with them later, but for tonight and likely tomorrow, I just want them "naked". So far, good bass and nice vocals.

20220712_171653.jpg
20220712_171940.jpg
20220712_172140.jpg
20220712_173635_HDR~2.jpg

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #540 of 915
Got my SR2's today. I plugged them into my iFi Pro iCAN right away. I went tube at first and then changed to SS. Low gain and no sound effects. The volume is at about 9:30 and plenty loud for me. I am enjoying the sound with no sound mods. Of course I will tinker with them later, but for tonight and likely tomorrow, I just want them "naked". So far, good bass and nice vocals.

20220712_171653.jpg
20220712_171940.jpg
20220712_172140.jpg
20220712_173635_HDR~2.jpg
Let us know how they compare with the Elex :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back