Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Jan 4, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #451 of 915
I would agree. And what keeps them down to some, is that they are judged on price not performance. For performance, I will put them right beside the best that I have. Also, I have had no issues with build quality, though I have had some with some far more expensive headphones.
I feel exactly the same way.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #452 of 915
Back after a little hiatus and I still LOOVE these so much….I decided to order a nice LOONG silver cable from Ted Allen…not that these aren’t refined but since they aren’t going anywhere…I thought I’d get the low-down but note the stock cable is “amazing”…we will seeeeee. Still the best most underrated sleeper headphones out there.
Too inexpensive so they aren't taken seriously enough. I interchange with the Utopia, for a bit more organic sound with the SR2. The Utopia are a little more spacious but also there is the slight metallic tinge of the material they use for the driver. The SR2 doesn't have this slight metallic edge but I enjoy both and feel they are both in the same league, just different enough to make it enjoyable.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #453 of 915
Too inexpensive so they aren't taken seriously enough. I interchange with the Utopia, for a bit more organic sound with the SR2. The Utopia are a little more spacious but also there is the slight metallic tinge of the material they use for the driver. The SR2 doesn't have this slight metallic edge but I enjoy both and feel they are both in the same league, just different enough to make it enjoyable.
Exactly. I interchange them with my HEDD HEDDPHONE…and I want to see how much closer they will be with the all silver cable that’s on the way…but though the HEDD are “better”… Im not missing a beat (pun intended) or a high, or a room nuance…and it’s clear / analytical …but the bass still hits where it is “supposed” to…what do like more is the lightness of the SR2 in terms of wearing weight…after a minute they disappear on my head.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #454 of 915
Yep, still my favorite set of cans. I can't find anything I don't like about them, even though I had to replace the tiny screws that the suspension strap is secured with. Easily the best cost to performance headphones I've ever had.
I'm thinking about buying a different potential hidden gem that doesn't seem to be getting much love. The Apos Audio Caspian. Could be another diamond, could turn out to be a turd.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #455 of 915
Yep, still my favorite set of cans. I can't find anything I don't like about them, even though I had to replace the tiny screws that the suspension strap is secured with. Easily the best cost to performance headphones I've ever had.
I'm thinking about buying a different potential hidden gem that doesn't seem to be getting much love. The Apos Audio Caspian. Could be another diamond, could turn out to be a turd.
Absolutely agree. SR2 is my favorite can to date.

I've got the Caspian stuck at custom for almost 3 months! I'm going insane. The customs won't accept the original documentation and are indirectly asking me to falsify the documents so it meets their needs 😫

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #456 of 915

I've got the Caspian stuck at custom for almost 3 months! I'm going insane. The customs won't accept the original documentation and are indirectly asking me to falsify the documents so it meets their needs 😫
What the.... That sucks bud. Can Apos assist in the process? I really wish you had them in hand. I trust your ears greatly. Would you mind reminding me what other headphones you have in rotation?

Jan 4, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #457 of 915
What the.... That sucks bud. Can Apos assist in the process? I really wish you had them in hand. I trust your ears greatly. Would you mind reminding me what other headphones you have in rotation?
In rotation? None 😂 SR2 are my main babes.

I do use Sennheiser HD598's for gaming, but I don't have the need to go to other headphones than the SR2.

I greatly enjoy my RR1 Conquests, but they are an electrostat, and thus listening to them is a whole dedicated process (sit down, turn on the tube amp, let it warm up for like half an hour, listen to music).

Apos is assisting in every way, but it's neither up to them or me. I'm just hoping to reach to UPS America and make them aware of the hassle the Serbian customs are giving me.

I have about 15 days before they are automatically sent back. I'll do everything in my power!

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #458 of 915
In rotation? None 😂 SR2 are my main babes.

I do use Sennheiser HD598's for gaming, but I don't have the need to go to other headphones than the SR2.

I greatly enjoy my RR1 Conquests, but they are an electrostat, and thus listening to them is a whole dedicated process (sit down, turn on the tube amp, let it warm up for like half an hour, listen to music).

Apos is assisting in every way, but it's neither up to them or me. I'm just hoping to reach to UPS America and make them aware of the hassle the Serbian customs are giving me.

I have about 15 days before they are automatically sent back. I'll do everything in my power!
Best of luck. I hope you get them. I'd really like to hear your initial impressions!

Jan 12, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #459 of 915

Did you receive them yet!?

Jan 13, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #461 of 915
Just got mine this morning. Let them break in for an hour and then started listening.

Came from a Focal Elegia as my daily driver and the SR2 are better in virtually every way, sound-wise. The bass alone on the SR2 is so much more dynamic and present than the Elegia and gone is that slight metallic timbre, replaced by smoothness every damn place.

The build of the Elegia is a bit better overall, but not so much better I'd ever go back. Great set and @bloomaudio had them to me in about 3 days after finally helping me settle on them.

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #462 of 915
Just got mine this morning. Let them break in for an hour and then started listening.

Came from a Focal Elegia as my daily driver and the SR2 are better in virtually every way, sound-wise. The bass alone on the SR2 is so much more dynamic and present than the Elegia and gone is that slight metallic timbre, replaced by smoothness every damn place.

The build of the Elegia is a bit better overall, but not so much better I'd ever go back. Great set and @bloomaudio had them to me in about 3 days after finally helping me settle on them.
After putting so much effort into my SR2 review (still the most detailed review I've composed to date), I'm so happy to see that virtually everyone who has bought this set of headphones is experiencing what I'm experiencing. It's a beautiful thing we share =)

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #463 of 915

The build of the Elegia is a bit better overall, but not so much better I'd ever go back. Great set and @bloomaudio had them to me in about 3 days after finally helping me settle on

It’s
After putting so much effort into my SR2 review (still the most detailed review I've composed to date), I'm so happy to see that virtually everyone who has bought this set of headphones is experiencing what I'm experiencing. It's a beautiful thing we share =)
me too…I’m still amazed coming back to them after a little break from head-fi…no need to shop around anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back