Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #437 of 915
They without a doubt are as good as any 1K phones and as good as some costing 4K. The issue is, they don't cost enough out the gate so people think the lesser of them. Too bad for that type of mind set. I saw the same thing happen with a nice sports car in the 1970s. Poor sales, then they made a couple of small cosmetic changes that amounted to nothing but raised the price and wham, out the door they went. Sad.
Too bad for them. I can't attest that these sound as good or better than expensive cans, but I will say that as an SR2 owner, I have much less desire to find out. Perhaps some people were looking for or expecting a more in your face, energetic presentation, similar to the Magni or something. The SR2 is more of an all day listen, gel with and get lost in music type of presentation imo. I don't ever feel like I'm missing much, and want to listen to as much of my library as possible every time I put them on.

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #439 of 915
Ibasso received from fiio.nl. 399 euro.

First impressions, pluged to matrix i-mini pro3 via 4.4 balanced.

Spacious, airy, all rounder.

Ive been use convolver from crinacle, and i think the eq makes them better.

A nice "portable" headphone and easy to drive.
What is convolver?

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #442 of 915
Is it possible to post the EQ settings you're using? I haven't messed around with EQ much for the SR2.
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...e/gras_43ag-7_harman_over-ear_2018/iBasso SR2

They are on wavelet as well, they give them a lit bit of spacious for my taste.
Try them and share impressions 😉

Note: eq is not exactly the same than convolution / convolver. I explain:

1. Take the shared folder.
2. Zip all the files in 1 zip.
3. Use compatible player (Im using roon, but a lot of player works) and add the zip file to convolver.

If u are going to eq, u need to apply the preamp.

One last edit. The driver is capable to go 4.5db on 120hz, Which is really impressive (no distorsion)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #443 of 915
The issue is, they don't cost enough out the gate so people think the lesser of them. Too bad for that type of mind set.
+1 Agreed.

Also, the thing about many sets showing up. I know for a fact that some people smuggled a large number of SR2 headphones. If I can see SR2 below MSRP in Serbia (no distributors are selling these here, just "individuals") , then it's hella sure that people elsewhere figured out they can make a good profit buying/smuggling them.

Oct 23, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #444 of 915
2 days more of using.

For videogames is really nice, the inmersion, stage is around the level of the AD700x, one of the best headphones for gaming.

The bass power is just amazing, punching the frecuencies with presence.

One of the surprises of this year, maybe on my top3 of hp.

1. Sash Tres
2. Erzetich Mania
3. Ibasso SR2 or maybe the Sony z7mk2

Its a really nice headphone, a truly allrounder for my test, u can throw it whatever u want, is going to be a pleasant experience.

I can't understand the review of crinacle of this headphone... Well, I dont comprehend him in many ways 🤣🤣

Oct 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #445 of 915
Well I spent the last week back & forth between the SR-1 & HiFiMan HE6SE..IMO,to my ears & with a varied menu of music there was just no contest.The SR-1/2 is,IMO, WORLD CLASS!
I have said before,iBasso MUST have used a 300B Single ended amplifier to voice these from the upper mid bass right on up through the treble & added a healthy dash of SS bass to the mix.They are so well balanced it doesn't matter what genre of music qued up,they just take that signal & make beautiful music!I sent the HE6SE back for refund!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #446 of 915
Well I spent the last week back & forth between the SR-1 & HiFiMan HE6SE..IMO,to my ears & with a varied menu of music there was just no contest.The SR-1 is,IMO, WORLD CLASS!
I have said before,iBasso MUST have used a 300B Single ended amplifier to voice these from the upper mid bass right on up through the treble & added a healthy dash of SS bass to the mix.They are so well balanced it doesn't matter what genre of music qued up,they just take that signal & make beautiful music!I sent the HE6SE back for refund!
I would agree. And what keeps them down to some, is that they are judged on price not performance. For performance, I will put them right beside the best that I have. Also, I have had no issues with build quality, though I have had some with some far more expensive headphones.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #447 of 915
DSC-3056.jpg

A little tease for everyone :wink:

It's hella long, but if anyone wants to find out the somewhat brief comparison between SR2's performance on DX300+AMP12 and DX300 MAX, you can skip to the sound performance section or search "iBasso SR2". DX300 MAX review here

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #450 of 915
Back after a little hiatus and I still LOOVE these so much….I decided to order a nice LOONG silver cable from Ted Allen…not that these aren’t refined but since they aren’t going anywhere…I thought I’d get the low-down but note the stock cable is “amazing”…we will seeeeee. Still the best most underrated sleeper headphones out there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back