iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #556 of 1,046
They are limited edition only 500 pairs. Don’t miss a chance for an excellent but affordable headphones. :wink:
Thanks for the heads up I just ordered them and will A/B test them agianst my TH-610 to see which ones I should keep. I hope they have more impact in the bass than the TH-610 but close to similar extension.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #557 of 1,046
As I have been an iBasso supporter since the days of the D1 amplifier about 11 years ago, I would be remiss if I didn't get an SR1 before all 500 were gone! I find the sound to be one of the most musical and lifelike headphones that it has been my pleasure to own. It seems to sing well with all of my players and amps. I have tried both pads and so far, my preference is for the slightly more airy perforated pads.

Although most of my recent listening has been with IEM's, and having sold all of my other over-ear cans except my Nighthawk and Sony F1, the SR1 has re-ignited my interest in full-sized phones.

Life is good!!!

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #559 of 1,046
@Whitigir do you prefer the iBasso perforated pads or the other perforated pads you already owned?

Do they sound really good with dx200 or they really need a desktop amp, is there a big difference?

I prefer Ibasso perforated pads as it fits better and improves upon imagines, soundstage, and also better touches of bass and deep bass rumbles

They do sound wonderful with Dx208. But SR-1 will scale into another level when amped out of a desktop amp that is specially designed for low-impedance headphones

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #560 of 1,046
I prefer Ibasso perforated pads as it fits better and improves upon imagines, soundstage, and also better touches of bass and deep bass rumbles

They do sound wonderful with Dx208. But SR-1 will scale into another level when amped out of a desktop amp that is specially designed for low-impedance headphones

That is absolutely right. I am enjoying the SR1 so much with DX208TI and Dynalo amp and will soon try the PC with dedicated external DAC. :smile_phones:

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #561 of 1,046
03B6FF59-4541-4228-A9B4-050A9AA5F885.jpeg
Best Bang for The Buck! Incerdible Performnce considering The asked Prive!

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #562 of 1,046
In order to seek deeper into understanding as of what specifically scaled up. I just did hours of critical listening between SR1 and DX208Ti in comparison to SR1 with Mini Dynalo and DX208Ti as analog source into the Amp.

The finesses of controls level of the Sr-1 is just super sensitive. If there are clean and powerful forces behind it, it would open up while tightening down the dynamic accross the whole spectrums with particularly the low and mid spectrum which improves in a more drastically manner, and become a very dynamic and punchy beasts. The level of controls get into Micro-scopic range as of that in a live concert, with grand drum so far away and regular kick drum together, the SR-1 would display it clearly when connected to Dynalo Mini, and can’t display it when connected to DX208Ti directly.

Very strange, the SR1 is a cheap headphones, but it scales greater than any flagship expensive headphones I have came accross...including Utopia and Z1R....it is the headphones that is most sensitive to the amplifier that it is being connected to.

Previously, out of the box and stock pads, it didn’t impress me much. I judged it out of DX208Ti incomparison to IPad Pro, because I trusted what Ibasso said “Sr-1 is easy to drive out of any portable player”.....I didn’t perceive the level of dynamic and soundstage imagines the way I supposed to do. However, given the mini Dynalo and perforated pads, the SR-1 is in the league of very high-end Headphones. I say this because I am totally satisfied with SR-1 and CB15 with Mini Dynalo and DX208Ti for a stay home system in comparison to a full blown Stax system, or HD800S out of the Same combo

So, if you find any of the SR-1 out there, snatch it up. Totally worth 2-3x the money spent when properly driven with perforated pads

I just ordered a pair of SR1 with ibasso perforated pads because of all the great impression in this thread. I am relatively new in this hobby. What is the mini dynalo you are constantly referring to? I cannot find much info online. Is it a custom built amp? Where can I buy it? Thanks

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #563 of 1,046
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the SR1 with ifi audio xdsd micro (black label) ?

I think the SR1 could benefit from more headroom, so I am thinking about it :p

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #564 of 1,046
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the SR1 with ifi audio xdsd micro (black label) ?

Definitely that SR1 will do much better with an amp, and I meant a real one. Try GSX-MKII

I just ordered a pair of SR1 with ibasso perforated pads because of all the great impression in this thread. I am relatively new in this hobby. What is the mini dynalo you are constantly referring to? I cannot find much info online. Is it a custom built amp? Where can I buy it? Thanks

Congratulation and welcome to the club

MiniDynalo is strictly a DIY project. It is a Mini GSX-MKII with Switching Power Supply for minification purposes

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #565 of 1,046
Definitely that SR1 will do much better with an amp, and I meant a real one. Try GSX-MKII

Congratulation and welcome to the club

MiniDynalo is strictly a DIY project. It is a Mini GSX-MKII with Switching Power Supply for minification purposes
Is there a way to buy one? How about the Gilmore Lite Mk2? Looks like it is an affordable version of GSX MK2 just less power.

I have JDS Atom coming. I hope it has enough power for SR1

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #566 of 1,046
Definitely that SR1 will do much better with an amp, and I meant a real one.

Well outside my price range... the ifi micro iDSD looks like it has decent perf level and output power but it won’t be like top desktop amp I know that...

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #568 of 1,046
Is there a way to buy one? How about the Gilmore Lite Mk2? Looks like it is an affordable version of GSX MK2 just less power.

I have JDS Atom coming. I hope it has enough power for SR1

I am not sure if DIY folks still have some board available and willing to build it ? You may want to check in their own forum and ask for it ?

Gilmore lite is great too!

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #570 of 1,046

The Micro iDSD BL is a gem of an amp / dac. I'm guessing that it will really make the SR-1s sing! I have one, but I haven't tried the SR-1s with it. I'm too busy listening with my other amps. I'll give it a try and let you know how they pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back