iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #542 of 1,046
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #543 of 1,046
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #544 of 1,046
Congratulations on all people who has and is going to be ordering the Perforated pads for your SR-1.

Once again, SR-1 is uniquely in it own class. Stock pads for closed back signature and perforated pads for opened signatures. There is nothing out there like that on the market. Timbres realism and vocal are super addictive.

One thing to note. The stock pads and the perforated pads by Ibasso is engineered and designed to extract every bit of performances out of your SR-1. So, the angles has to be correctly placed in order to have the best performances out of your SR1.

1/ the thick parts are toward the back, and the thinnest parts are toward the front.

2/ we may have different facial and bones structures. But generally, have the thinnest part at the jaw bones joints

Or you can follow my general pictures here as it will fit the majority of us.

1/ turn the SR-1 upside down, similar to how your would remove or plugging in your cables * so that the holes and directions of the plugs are facing upward and not downward

2/ look for the side braces, align your thinnest parts of your pads, whether stock, or perforated Ibasso pads as the picture shown below. This will warrant the best sound performances for your SR-1 !

Enjoy!!

6C061BA9-FBE1-47B9-B433-8B22A12882A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #545 of 1,046
Take it easy guys! You will get @Paul - iBasso response in a day or two and I know he would take good care all of you. :relaxed:

Oh but he already responded and I am set :)

I received the price & shipping options in email from Paul. Did not see them on website, to order do we just paypal the amount to their account ? Thanks

No wait he’ll send out a PayPal payment request :)

2/ look for the side braces, align your thinnest parts of your pads, whether stock, or perforated Ibasso pads as the picture shown below. This will warrant the best sound performances for your SR-1 !

Great tip thanks :D

Dec 27, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #547 of 1,046
Congratulations on all people who has and is going to be ordering the Perforated pads for your SR-1.

Once again, SR-1 is uniquely in it own class. Stock pads for closed back signature and perforated pads for opened signatures. There is nothing out there like that on the market. Timbres realism and vocal are super addictive.

One thing to note. The stock pads and the perforated pads by Ibasso is engineered and designed to extract every bit of performances out of your SR-1. So, the angles has to be correctly placed in order to have the best performances out of your SR1.

1/ the thick parts are toward the back, and the thinnest parts are toward the front.

2/ we may have different facial and bones structures. But generally, have the thinnest part at the jaw bones joints

Or you can follow my general pictures here as it will fit the majority of us.

1/ turn the SR-1 upside down, similar to how your would remove or plugging in your cables * so that the holes and directions of the plugs are facing upward and not downward

Enjoy!!

I thought the thickest part will cover the lower ear parts close to lower jaw where the sound will leak the most.

Dec 27, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #548 of 1,046
I thought the thickest part will cover the lower ear parts close to lower jaw where the sound will leak the most.

That would be wrong

The idea of the angled pad is actually to have the ear canals and the drivers to be paralleled, so the drivers can fire directly and straight toward the canals.

The thickest parts have to be in the back of the ears, because behind our ears, the head just is rounded, and creates a deeper space in comparison to the front where the Cheek bones and the jaw-bones joints are structured. Also our ears are facing toward :wink: god knows why..... Therefore, in order to achieve this paralleled designs you will have to have thinner parts in the front , and thickest parts in the rear.

As I mentioned, we all have different bones structures, but the principal remain the same. With different bone structures, these angles may different a little but not much.

*here is a joke* regarding the ears and eyes positioning:

Son: Daddy ! Why do we see lightning before we hear the sound and it rolling rumbles ?

Dad: Son! Because our eyes is in front of our ears

:D :D :D

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #549 of 1,046
IMO ,the pic is reverted.
Mark line should be at the opposite - it is at the other pin.
Below is my favourite phase.

Note : marked line in my post mean physical on the actual pad when correct setting in R L order AND no pair mistake in factory assemble (which clearly found on some units). It is a point separate thick side and thin side, not thineast place

SmartSelect_20181228-070512_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #550 of 1,046
CB12S 4.4 Cables impressions

You can purchase from here

*one thing to note* the SR-1 is very sensitive to cables upgrades*. Also, this MMCX will fit the SR-1 very tightly, you will need a pliers to pull it off as the body is too short to get a good grips with fingers..

So, there are a couple things I want to talk about this Cables.

Build quality: excellent, nice hand-braided, soft, flexible, and minimize microphonic to the least possible. You can see how soft the cables is from the pictures. Plugs body, y-splitter and sliders are of silver aluminum, good looking and easy to slide up and down, very good on holding it position and be tucked away

Sound quality: this Cables from my observation with SR-1, it carries a mid-focused sound signature. It tighten up the bass, reduced some deep bass and rumbles, the mid spectrum and vocal gains more energy and will come much more forward in comparison to stock SR-1 cables or CB15. Mid trebles gain some more air and body but compromises on upper extensions. Recommend for any Gears with warmer signatures and recessed vocal

All in all, I recommend this Cables as an upgrade to your SR-1 and stock pads if you find the SR-1 out of the box a bit warm the way that I did. Soundstage will be more closed up and narrower due to the mid-focused sound signatures. But with stock SR-1 pads, it has a great synergies to balances the signatures out a bit.

*do not recommend to be used with perforated pads*. The synergies are not good with perforated pads. It will make the SR-1 to be on a cynically side of the scale with a very forwarded vocal, losing it fluidity, musicality, and magical Vocal.

Trebles are sharper and with denser body with this Cables on both Stock and perforated pads. But I still recommend it to be synergized with stock non perforated pads.

If you want : soundstage, details, balances, musicality, fluidity, vocal liquidity and fidelity, the CB15 + Perforated pads is your ultimate choice from Ibasso audio line up For your SR-1**

*potential*. The CB12S-4.4 is made of Copper, Silver-copper alloy conductors. Where the CB15 and stock cables on SR-1 are OFC Cables. From my experiences, I will guess here that a Cables with UPOCC copper or Mono-Crystal Copper, will be a better synergies and proper upgrade to SR-1 and perforated pads.

157E0755-9FD2-4283-B8EE-1D536E352031.jpeg 3C0E2BD1-F3C3-42D2-B638-05D50BFDAA9C.jpeg CAEE0AEE-B64C-49B7-B1FA-B566672E3D5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #552 of 1,046
How are these headphones for EDM? Is there a powerful/big enough bass with good impact? I'm thinking of getting something to replace my Fostex TH-610 and these make me curious.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #554 of 1,046

Users who are viewing this thread

Back