iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #571 of 1,043
To my ears the SR1 with either stock or brainwavz XL perforated pads perfectly perform with DX208TI and Mini Dynalo amp and as exactly @Whitigir described even though I don’t own any excellent high-end headphone system to compare.
Since the ibasso perforated pads are coming in soon with CB12s I will try some critical listening and let’s see how much the SR1 would improve.

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #573 of 1,043
The Micro iDSD BL is a gem of an amp / dac. I'm guessing that it will really make the SR-1s sing! I have one, but I haven't tried the SR-1s with it. I'm too busy listening with my other amps. I'll give it a try and let you know how they pair.

Thanks a lot!

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #574 of 1,043
So I received iBasso perforated pads and I must say I think this should be the stock pads, period!

Not sure if iBasso had them planned from the get go or if @Whitigir inspired it but it takes the SR1 to another level yet!

This opens the soundstage quite a bit and the treble extension and imaging benefits from it but contrary to the brainwavz it doesn’t make the SR1 brighter and it does retains the fullness I love so much about them. The SR1 are definitely one of the best buy I ever made in audio, and for sure a the top of value for money!

Kudos to iBasso and thanks @Whitigir :D

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #575 of 1,043
So I received iBasso perforated pads and I must say I think this should be the stock pads, period!

Not sure if iBasso had them planned from the get go or if @Whitigir inspired it but it takes the SR1 to another level yet!

This opens the soundstage quite a bit and the treble extension and imaging benefits from it but contrary to the brainwavz it doesn’t make the SR1 brighter and it does retains the fullness I love so much about them. The SR1 are definitely one of the best buy I ever made in audio, and for sure a the top of value for money!

Are the iBasso perforated pads leather?

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #576 of 1,043

Did you get what you want in term of the sub bass and thick warm bass of the stock pads? Thanks.

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #580 of 1,043
Did you get what you want in term of the sub bass and thick warm bass of the stock pads? Thanks.

Yes definitely!

Not it’s not leather but very comfortable nevertheless and the sound is just what I am looking for :D
Only question is how durable and if it needs to be replaced could I find them again or should I order a spare...

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #582 of 1,043
Yes definitely!

Not it’s not leather but very comfortable nevertheless and the sound is just what I am looking for :D
Only question is how durable and if it needs to be replaced could I find them again or should I order a spare...
I'm going to give the Dekoni perforated pads a try. I prefer leather. The leather pads I've had last longer and are more comfortable over time... Plus, I love the Dekoni sheepskin pads I purchased for my TH-00Xs.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #585 of 1,043
The PT1, the new pads for the SR1 were not made when we came out with the SR1. We had tried a few different ones but did not like the sound. Since Whitigir had such a good experience we explored this again and then came up with the pads we have now released. So you can thank Whitigir! We will continue to explore pad types but the ones release, both stock and the PT1 should last a long time as they are made of good materials.

Everyone have a great and safe New Year! And remember, Enjoy the Music no matter what you are listening with!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back