iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier
Nov 3, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #211 of 249
@someyoungguy - It seems your comparing single-ended output from both sources. That's definitely not where PB3 shines. To really hear it at it's best, you need to be using PB3's 2.5mm balanced output. It has significantly more dynamics, increased treble energy, and corresponding larger soundstage. It's such an improvement, I honestly don't even listen to PB3 unless I'm using the balanced output.
How is pb3 balanced out compared to your A1?

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #212 of 249
20171104_230302_HDR-01.jpeg

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #213 of 249
Hello good folks,

I just received the PB3. I love the sound but mine rattles when I shake it gently.

Anyone else experienced this?

I think I could live with it unless it is broken.

Thank you.

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #214 of 249
Hello good folks,

I just received the PB3. I love the sound but mine rattles when I shake it gently.

Anyone else experienced this?

I think I could live with it unless it is broken.

Thank you.
I apologize for any problems you are having. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com so we can resolve this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #215 of 249
I apologize for any problems you are having. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com so we can resolve this.

Thank you for the kind offer Paul.

Unfortunately, I purchased the amp as "open box like new condition" from a retailer so I cannot imagine it is covered by a warranty.

I can return it. I just really want to keep it and if I knew the rattling was not something damaged inside I would.

Many thanks.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #216 of 249
Thank you for the kind offer Paul.

Unfortunately, I purchased the amp as "open box like new condition" from a retailer so I cannot imagine it is covered by a warranty.

I can return it. I just really want to keep it and if I knew the rattling was not something damaged inside I would.

Many thanks.

I returned one in the UK as it rattled, think it was one of the first and I posted about it in the thread here.

Worked perfectly and sounded great but I was worried the rattle was something metal that could cause a short circuit later on, you should still have a 30 day warranty with open box unless stated otherwise?

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #217 of 249
I returned one in the UK as it rattled, think it was one of the first and I posted about it in the thread here.

Worked perfectly and sounded great but I was worried the rattle was something metal that could cause a short circuit later on, you should still have a 30 day warranty with open box unless stated otherwise?
Thank you for your reply.

I knew I had read somewhere about another rattling unit. I was starting to think I had imagined it.

Yeah, I sent mine back and I am waiting for a refund.

I loved the sound but was kidding myself if I thought I could live with the rattle.

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #218 of 249
For those that this will be their new year, Enjoy and have an excellent 2018. And Good fortune to all of you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #219 of 249
084CFDA7-A755-4BA8-B60D-D75A9A6E1D20.jpeg
Look what just showed up? Took about one week exactly. Excellent service! Thanks @Paul - iBasso!

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #220 of 249
After about a year of ownership, I am still really liking this amp. In balanced mode, it has transformed the sound from my Sony Z3. I used to use the Z3+ as transport for the Mojo, but the improvement the PB3 brings means I often don't both with the Mojo anymore. I don't know why Sony crippled the Z3+ with such a poor amp section when it's dac is decent.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #221 of 249
Just ordered PB3 will be pairing it with Opus1 and LZ A4 iems' with the balanced cable. I was disappointed I will have to use the single ended out on the Opus1, but I really like having a analog volume control and I was having to push the Opus to about 80% volume with the LZ A4s. I really like the LZ A4 they have way better soundstage and bass over my Westone dual driver custom iems', I just miss the custom fit. I am hoping the bass will be a little more dynamic and it brings the mids up a little, but will be happy if it is neutral and just gives a little more headroom.

Bill

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #222 of 249
PB3 unboxing video. Burning in the PB3 (not going to debate whether it needs it or not...) and a couple of cables right now.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #224 of 249
Hi , when the PB3 will be available on the Ibasso website ? Thanks in advance .

Isn't that strange? They've never, ever, had a good webmaster, in my opinion, but I suspect there's more to this mystery. Perhaps (and I'm only conjecturing) the retailers who appear to have exclusive rights to sell it, currently, helped to fund its R&D. That might explain why there are no direct sales from iBasso, as we've always seen in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back