iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by nmatheis, Dec 23, 2016.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    How is pb3 balanced out compared to your A1?
  2. pr0b3r
  3. Robert777
    Hello good folks,

I just received the PB3. I love the sound but mine rattles when I shake it gently.

Anyone else experienced this?

I think I could live with it unless it is broken.

Thank you.
  4. Paul - iBasso
    I apologize for any problems you are having. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com so we can resolve this.
  5. Robert777
    Thank you for the kind offer Paul.

Unfortunately, I purchased the amp as "open box like new condition" from a retailer so I cannot imagine it is covered by a warranty.

I can return it. I just really want to keep it and if I knew the rattling was not something damaged inside I would.

Many thanks.
  6. sososerious
    I returned one in the UK as it rattled, think it was one of the first and I posted about it in the thread here.

Worked perfectly and sounded great but I was worried the rattle was something metal that could cause a short circuit later on, you should still have a 30 day warranty with open box unless stated otherwise?
  7. Robert777
    Thank you for your reply.

I knew I had read somewhere about another rattling unit. I was starting to think I had imagined it.

Yeah, I sent mine back and I am waiting for a refund.

I loved the sound but was kidding myself if I thought I could live with the rattle.
  8. Paul - iBasso
    For those that this will be their new year, Enjoy and have an excellent 2018. And Good fortune to all of you.
    Copland62 likes this.
  9. ngoshawk
    084CFDA7-A755-4BA8-B60D-D75A9A6E1D20.jpeg Look what just showed up? Took about one week exactly. Excellent service! Thanks @Paul - iBasso!
    whitemouse and Robert777 like this.
  10. Isloo
    After about a year of ownership, I am still really liking this amp. In balanced mode, it has transformed the sound from my Sony Z3. I used to use the Z3+ as transport for the Mojo, but the improvement the PB3 brings means I often don't both with the Mojo anymore. I don't know why Sony crippled the Z3+ with such a poor amp section when it's dac is decent.
  11. wirewiggler
    Just ordered PB3 will be pairing it with Opus1 and LZ A4 iems' with the balanced cable. I was disappointed I will have to use the single ended out on the Opus1, but I really like having a analog volume control and I was having to push the Opus to about 80% volume with the LZ A4s. I really like the LZ A4 they have way better soundstage and bass over my Westone dual driver custom iems', I just miss the custom fit. I am hoping the bass will be a little more dynamic and it brings the mids up a little, but will be happy if it is neutral and just gives a little more headroom.

12. ngoshawk
    PB3 unboxing video. Burning in the PB3 (not going to debate whether it needs it or not...) and a couple of cables right now.

13. ph58
    Hi , when the PB3 will be available on the Ibasso website ? Thanks in advance .
  14. zilch0md
    Isn't that strange? They've never, ever, had a good webmaster, in my opinion, but I suspect there's more to this mystery. Perhaps (and I'm only conjecturing) the retailers who appear to have exclusive rights to sell it, currently, helped to fund its R&D. That might explain why there are no direct sales from iBasso, as we've always seen in the past.
    rodel808 likes this.
  15. ledzep
    Looking to re terminate a cable to 2.5mm for the balanced out on the PB3 can anyone confirm where the R+ R- / L+L- go to on the trrs plug.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14