iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #1,621 of 1,733
I just published my IT04 review on my blog.
Not like what I hear with the IT04. I hear excellent bass extension with good definition and a large sound stage. I use the medium large bore grey tips and found the IT04 need 150 hours or more for the dynamic driver to relax and really deliver. I have compared them to my customs from JH Audio and they hold up well in comparison to IEMs cost 3 times as much. Tip rolling also affects the feeling in the ear and comfort.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #1,622 of 1,733
Not like what I hear with the IT04. I hear excellent bass extension with good definition and a large sound stage. I use the medium large bore grey tips and found the IT04 need 150 hours or more for the dynamic driver to relax and really deliver. I have compared them to my customs from JH Audio and they hold up well in comparison to IEMs cost 3 times as much. Tip rolling also affects the feeling in the ear and comfort.
IT04 Taped vs Open.jpg
The problem is that the IT04's frequency response varies wildly depending on the degree to which the vent closest to the nozzle is covered. This is a frequency response graph showing the difference between completely taped over and uncovered. Depending on the tip and insertion depth I get a completely different sounding IEM.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #1,623 of 1,733

The problem is that the IT04's frequency response varies wildly depending on the degree to which the vent closest to the nozzle is covered. This is a frequency response graph showing the difference between completely taped over and uncovered. Depending on the tip and insertion depth I get a completely different sounding IEM.
Then don't cover the vent. I have no issue as the tips I use, stock, work well and I insert the IT04 the same each time and get some great sound. The same can be said for most any headphone, regarding placement on the head, angle etc. Find out what works and use it.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,624 of 1,733
Then don't cover the vent. I have no issue as the tips I use, stock, work well and I insert the IT04 the same each time and get some great sound. The same can be said for most any headphone, regarding placement on the head, angle etc. Find out what works and use it.
I don't think you understand: the IT04 requires that vent to be completely covered to get what I assume is the intended, non-anemic bass response. Furthermore, the degree to which the vent is covered affects the upper midrange, which is a terrible design.

Jan 2, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #1,625 of 1,733
Jan 2, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #1,626 of 1,733
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jan 2, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #1,627 of 1,733
Jan 6, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #1,629 of 1,733
why most reviewer look at the graph and give their impression as to how an iem sounds? can we just listen to it, put the eartios with best seal and comfort and make some impressions?

@borjok536,

Best way to give opinion about IEM is to listen to it, reviewers who use only graphs to describe sound fail on this point...

I suggest you try & decide for yourself, hard to go wrong.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #1,631 of 1,733
Just got a pair of these and I am really enjoying them, particularly paired with the DX220 and modded amp8. Happy ears.

In my genius move for the week, I accidentally mixed up my L/R when I plugged in the cable. Anyone have any tips for safely disconnecting? They are really in there good, and I am worried about damaging something in the process of separation.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,632 of 1,733
Just got a pair of these and I am really enjoying them, particularly paired with the DX220 and modded amp8. Happy ears.

In my genius move for the week, I accidentally mixed up my L/R when I plugged in the cable. Anyone have any tips for safely disconnecting? They are really in there good, and I am worried about damaging something in the process of separation.

@Galactician,

I suggest contacting @Paul - iBasso.

He should be able to help.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 11, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,633 of 1,733

I found that too, there is no magic way to disconnect the mmcx plugs on the stock cable, just grip the connector, not the wire and pull it out straight, if your pinch is good enough they will unplug with no damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back