iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #1,637 of 1,733
Thanks, all! A combination of the advice above worked. Undocking procedure was successful, as was correct R/L pairing. No longer must I self-soothe by imagining every drummer in the world has a left-handed kit setup.

Nothing wrong with left handed kits, @Galactician get what you mean but then I can play both but it's also been a while since I have done.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #1,638 of 1,733
Sold my Shuoer Tape and Kanas Pro yesterday and got a used IT04 instead - can`t be happier. IT04 is so much better than both imo. :)

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #1,640 of 1,733
Sold my Shuoer Tape and Kanas Pro yesterday and got a used IT04 instead - can`t be happier. IT04 is so much better than both imo. :)
Can't beat the price/performance of an used IT04 now. I got mine with few scratches (I think it was an IT04 from the first batch with poor finish) and CB13 and basically an endgame IEM

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #1,641 of 1,733
Can't beat the price/performance of an used IT04 now. I got mine with few scratches (I think it was an IT04 from the first batch with poor finish) and CB13 and basically an endgame IEM

Generally we seem to share a very similar taste in IEMs! :) And interesting, just like me, you sold your Andromeda, Tape and KXXS!

I realized I almost only have hybrid earphones now. I found they are simply my cup of tea. They all sound similar with little nuances that I can change depending on my mood and style of music.
Oriolus = mids!
Fidue = similar but less offensive treble
NCM = sub bass focus
iBasso = more analytical

Yep, the IT04 is amazing. Just wish I would have gotten the black and blue version - but it wasn`t available in good condition....

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #1,642 of 1,733
Generally we seem to share a very similar taste in IEMs! :) And interesting, just like me, you sold your Andromeda, Tape and KXXS!
Yeah, IT04 is my longest owned IEM for over a year of returning to this audio hobby (and has been my reference benchmark) :D I haven't try much >1000$ IEM, maybe will find a way to the highly praised Z1r but Oriolus still is the best sub-1000$ to me.

Feb 16, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #1,643 of 1,733
Yeah, IT04 is my longest owned IEM for over a year of returning to this audio hobby (and has been my reference benchmark) :D I haven't try much >1000$ IEM, maybe will find a way to the highly praised Z1r but Oriolus still is the best sub-1000$ to me.

100% agree! Oriolus is stilly my personal reference, too!

I have tried Z1r and yes, it sounds great and is more detailed than Oriolus, but I actually still prefer Oriolus` tonality! For me, there is just something missing in the mids with Z1r.
I found only a few that touched me in a similar way as Oriolus: The ones that I already own, Artemis, VE8, Erlkönig, Percivali, Nerva X, Anole VX, Just Ears, Solaris and Rai Penta - that is about it. But I still refuse (and will! Because I find it crazy) to pay more than a 1000$ for an earphone. Actually I have bought almost all of my gear used.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #1,644 of 1,733
Up next, an IEM that makes just as much of an impression, iBasso AM05, a little gem for those who like a neutral sound, with good detail . I could not find a thread dedicated to it, so it seemed sensible to leave the link here.

I think it is some kind of follow up after IT04, having some similarities with it, and I think it makes quite a good alternative if you liked IT04 already and wanted something similar.

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #1,645 of 1,733

I still use my IT04's all the time!

Mar 20, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #1,646 of 1,733
Up next, an IEM that makes just as much of an impression, iBasso AM05, a little gem for those who like a neutral sound, with good detail . I could not find a thread dedicated to it, so it seemed sensible to leave the link here.

I think it is some kind of follow up after IT04, having some similarities with it, and I think it makes quite a good alternative if you liked IT04 already and wanted something similar.

Still use my IT04 AND Oriolus all the time! :)

Mar 20, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #1,647 of 1,733
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,648 of 1,733
This is my pair of re-shelled IT04 with acoustic ports, which made them semi-open.

And they sounds amazing.

Main disandvantage for me was a lack of lower frequency: they was fast, techinal but without any deeps, flat on mid bass and no sub bass at all.
Also, they had a sibilants on higher frequency when volume level was a little high.

After re-shell they lost a little micro details and have more in macro sounds. Little warmer (no such dry analytical sound as original), with amazing mids and sub bass, scene is more deeper. But still have very good resolution.
Have a more natural sound, not neutral and dry as stock variant.
Soundstage inreased a lot more. I have iBasso SR1 and their soundstage wider a little.
Vocals loses in micro details too, but have amazing vibrant involving sound.

Overall, after reshell they sounds more seriously and have more expensive sound, more monumental and more enjoyable for 4-6 hours of listening.

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_120431.jpg
    IMG_20200225_120431.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200225_173222.jpg
    IMG_20200225_173222.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1,649 of 1,733
This is my pair of re-shelled IT04 with acoustic ports, which made them semi-open.

And they sounds amazing.

Main disandvantage for me was a lack of lower frequency: they was fast, techinal but without any deeps, flat on mid bass and no sub bass at all.
Also, they had a sibilants on higher frequency when volume level was a little high.

After re-shell they lost a little micro details and have more in macro sounds. Little warmer (no such dry analytical sound as original), with amazing mids and sub bass, scene is more deeper. But still have very good resolution.
Have a more natural sound, not neutral and dry as stock variant.
Soundstage inreased a lot more. I have iBasso SR1 and their soundstage wider a little.
Vocals loses in micro details too, but have amazing vibrant involving sound.

Overall, after reshell they sounds more seriously and have more expensive sound, more monumental and more enjoyable for 4-6 hours of listening.
Interesting look.

Who did the re-shell?

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #1,650 of 1,733
Interesting look.

Who did the re-shell?
Local audio shop in Moscow.
They have hundred variants of acrylic colour and faceplates. Also, they provide custom IEM from JH AUDIO, Westone, UE and Noble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back