iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Nov 6, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,382 of 1,733
Thanks! When you say change bass character, do you mean more or deeper bass ?
It's hard to characterize, but DDs sound different than BAs. I think it's more than just tuning -- DDs push more air, so even though BAs can be tuned to be bassy, to my ears, DD sound more realistic and impactful, especially in the low/sub bass region. For me this is true with IT04, even though it's less bassy than the '03. I don't own the Audiofly, and it's been a while since I heard it, so this is all based on memory -- take it with a grain of salt :)

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,384 of 1,733
I haven't heard these specific earphones, but generally dynamic bass has more "impact" and slower decay, while BA bass is "faster." If you like bass to thump, dynamic drivers are usually your friend. But BA earphones can also have very good bass, just different.

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #1,385 of 1,733
Thanks! I do like accurate bass but it should have impact and go low. The AF180's do a pretty good job in that department but I'm always "looking for a new love" as the great Jodi Watley once said!!

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,386 of 1,733
I haven't heard these specific earphones, but generally dynamic bass has more "impact" and slower decay, while BA bass is "faster." If you like bass to thump, dynamic drivers are usually your friend. But BA earphones can also have very good bass, just different.
Thanks for saying what I was trying to get at in a much clearer, more direct way.

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #1,387 of 1,733
I've often wondered why makers choose small or a larger opening, I would've thought a small opening would restrict sound but my W60's sound great.

Westone equivalent of IT04 anyone?

Me too, I do prefer a narrower nozzle, more padded material that can be used, be it silicone or foam. The narrow nozzle will affect the frequency response I'm sure.

Quite a few manufacturers making multi-BA hybrid IEM's use the space inside the wider nozzle to mount the balanced drivers, perhaps that's a reason for choosing the wider nozzle.

Or maybe Shure or Westone own a patent on a narrower sound tube.

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #1,388 of 1,733
@terrav have you tired the NCM offerings?

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #1,390 of 1,733
Nov 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #1,393 of 1,733
I am. Do not need balance, do not need adapter. No ear hook. Does not look solid. But + - is very soft and non microphonic. and.... I am does not beleive sound influence at all

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,394 of 1,733
Did anyone dislike the stock cable ?

I'm in love with it, provides an elegant solution for most cable needs

I am. Do not need balance, do not need adapter. No ear hook. Does not look solid. But + - is very soft and non microphonic. and.... I am does not beleive sound influence at all

Interesting, would you need ear hooks?

As for balanced, think about it this way, if you upgrade your source later on, you'll be happy it has balanced, it really removes a cost you'd later have :)

I love the fact iBasso was forward-thinking when designing IT04

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,395 of 1,733
To me, the ergonomics (soft, non-micrphonic) make it wonderful, and the softness means I don’t need ear hooks. Of course, since my DAPs (Cowon Plenue 2 & Opus#2) are balanced, I’m thrilled that the stock cable is balanced. I had purchased a CB-12 for my IT-03. For me, the stock cable effectively makes the ‘04 $95 less expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back