iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #1,411 of 1,733
CB-13 incoming as I failed to resist the iBasso BF discount. Really wonder if I’ll prefer it with ‘03 or ‘04.

Hi @LCMusicLover,

iBasso is hard to resist in general. :)

It all depends on you.

Personally & subjectively, I like CB 13 with IT 04 though CB 12 as stock cable for IT 04 is really good though to my taste CB 12 doesn't have enough of the increased spaciousness & clarity one gets when paired with CB 13.
Though this is not a bad thing, just for me, CB 13 makes IT 04 'better' for me.

On a side note, I like CB 12 with IT 03 as it lifts everything up positively over Stock & subjectively & personally, there is more nuance.

Just my humble two cents.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #1,412 of 1,733
Well, we shall see, I’ll certainly be spending some time comparing, although I certainly hate switching the cables. CB-12 over ‘03 stock was an easy call for me.

BTW, paid less for slower shipping ($5 vs 20), so it will be a while. :)

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #1,413 of 1,733
Nov 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #1,415 of 1,733
Well, we shall see, I’ll certainly be spending some time comparing, although I certainly hate switching the cables. CB-12 over ‘03 stock was an easy call for me.

BTW, paid less for slower shipping ($5 vs 20), so it will be a while. :)
Well, apparently not that long...ordered on BF, came in yesterday. Haven't listened yet as we had guests last night, and then I was on the Liquid Platinum/Ether 2 project :L3000:

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #1,416 of 1,733
It looks like e earphone in Japan is selling iBasso products now - finally I'll get to try the IT04 next month

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #1,417 of 1,733
It looks like e earphone in Japan is selling iBasso products now - finally I'll get to try the IT04 next month
Let us know what you think! I suspect you'll be quite happy :wink:

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #1,421 of 1,733
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying an upgrade of my rha t20s.
After doing some research I'm quite sure about buying the it04, but after reading this post I've read some people saying there are hissing problems matching it with fiio x7 mk2/am3a and I'm a little worried.
I used to think x7 mk2 is not a source prone to hissing and the it04s is not a very very sensitive iem. But maybe I was wrong..

Is there anyone using the it04 with x7 mk2? Is a good match?

Thanks!!

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,422 of 1,733
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying an upgrade of my rha t20s.
After doing some research I'm quite sure about buying the it04, but after reading this post I've read some people saying there are hissing problems matching it with fiio x7 mk2/am3a and I'm a little worried.
I used to think x7 mk2 is not a source prone to hissing and the it04s is not a very very sensitive iem. But maybe I was wrong..

Is there anyone using the it04 with x7 mk2? Is a good match?

Thanks!!

I've used it with several different players and never heard any hissing whatsoever.
However, let's wait and see if anyone with that specific player can provide their feedback :)

I would add however, that I've seen several times on Head-Fi where, even on the same player, with the same IEM's, some people claim it hisses, and others claim it doesn't.

Maybe some people have more sensitive hearing than others. Or maybe some people would like others to think their hearing is more sensitive than others, haha :wink:
Well, just some humour there, nothing serious.
Some people say they can hear hissing but only very faintly when the music is not playing, and it disappears (or becomes completely unnoticeable) as soon as the music starts.

My point is, everyone hears things differently, and even if someone does say they hear hissing with the X7 mk2 and the IT04, that doesn't automatically mean that you will hear it too.

Or, that even if you hear it, it will be anything more than something so tiny and faint in the background that you don't even notice it except on the silence before a track starts, if at all :)

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,423 of 1,733
Oh well. I've spotted an inner crack of my left IEMs. Worry about the quality of these IEMs :frowning2:

U0l93H3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #1,424 of 1,733
Oh well. I've spotted an inner crack of my left IEMs. Worry about the quality of these IEMs :frowning2:
U0l93H3

Contact @Paul - iBasso I have had mine since before public release. They are sturdy and strong and sound absolutely amazing.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #1,425 of 1,733
Contact @Paul - iBasso I have had mine since before public release. They are sturdy and strong and sound absolutely amazing.

Thank you for your suggestion.
I really this these IEMs as well and treated them carefully. Don't know why this crack appears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back