iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,366 of 1,733
Hi Cycheang,

iBasso recommends at least 200 hours for IT 04 burn in.
No particular songs are recommended except for your own preference.

Hope you have a great day !

Thanks for your advise.

Oh ya, I'm now using DX150 (AMP 6) with my IT04 (2.5mm). Do you have any idea any sound improvement if I switch to AMP 7 which only support 3.5mm SE ?

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #1,367 of 1,733
Thanks for your advise.

Oh ya, I'm now using DX150 (AMP 6) with my IT04 (2.5mm). Do you have any idea any sound improvement if I switch to AMP 7 which only support 3.5mm SE ?

HI @cycheang,

No prob, happy to help.

Unfortunately, I don't have the DX 150 or Amp 7 so I can't say directly though I will say, given how people perceive sound differently & judging from specs, it should be about the same or too subtle to notice as both have the similar volt swing with Amp 7 having a slightly lower noise floor as well.

Though I'm sure there are others here who might be able to give you a better idea or you can try yourself to see whether you notice anything.

Also, as personal preference, not too fond of 2.5 connector over 3.5 for various reasons & since I have & prefer 3.5 in balanced & single ended, I find, doesn't matter on connector, it all depends on player connection (how it's wired internally, etc) & source quality.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,371 of 1,733
Hi, please could someone tell me the diameter of the nozzle?
Is it the same as the it01?
I'm hoping for a slighty smaller nozzle, because the it01 was boderline for my narrow ear canals.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,372 of 1,733
I'm hoping for a slighty smaller nozzle, because the it01 was boderline for my narrow ear canals.

HI @frix,

Yes, nozzle size for IT 04 is slightly smaller than IT 01 so it should fit you better though all iBasso IEMs use the same tip size so as long as you get a good seal you should be fine.
Also, depending on point of view, IT 04 is technically or is a universal style custom, so it fits 99.99 % of world's ears unless you happen to fall into the unfortunate .1 % to 1 % who can't.
If for some reason, fit is still an issue, there are xs size to xxs tips floating around on the net somewhere.

Hope this is useful to you & hope you have a great day !

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #1,373 of 1,733

I think you may be better off looking at the Westone, Shure, Ety or Brainwavz IEM's that have a smaller nozzle. Hint, look at the IEM's that take a Comply 100 series foam tip, they all have a narrow 2mm nozzle.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #1,375 of 1,733
I've been using IT04 (pair with DX200) for 3 weeks, and listening to Dream Theater most of the time. This one is comfortable, perfectly fit my ears. In term of soundquality, all kind of instrumentals performed by Dream Theater are extremely detail and bright. The only issue i have with the sound quality is that i don't need too much bass, and want more treble and mid which similar to my Grado SR325e, should i try the mighty Andromeda everyone ?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,376 of 1,733
What tips are you using?

I suggest trying out JVC Spiral Dots. It will give you better extension in the treble. This being said. Right now is the perfect time to pick up on a used Andromeda since the Solaris is in full swing. Everyone is dumping their Andromedas.

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,377 of 1,733
What tips are you using?

I suggest trying out JVC Spiral Dots. It will give you better extension in the treble. This being said. Right now is the perfect time to pick up on a used Andromeda since the Solaris is in full swing. Everyone is dumping their Andromedas.

Nice, I think i should go for the used Andromeda. I really love the design and hopefully the sound quality matchs my need (as some reviews). Thanks alot for the advice xD

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #1,379 of 1,733
I think you may be better off looking at the Westone, Shure, Ety or Brainwavz IEM's that have a smaller nozzle. Hint, look at the IEM's that take a Comply 100 series foam tip, they all have a narrow 2mm nozzle.

I've often wondered why makers choose small or a larger opening, I would've thought a small opening would restrict sound but my W60's sound great.

Westone equivalent of IT04 anyone?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,380 of 1,733
Wonder how these might compare to my Audiofly AF180's? Similar price point and both are 4 driver models.
Probably pretty close. DD on '04s will change the bass character -- not necessarily better or worse. Better stock cable on 04s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back