iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Oct 11, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,339 of 1,733
I need new IEM's and will be using in office and travel. Will these be fine with iPhone X, no DAC or amp ? or should I look for something else ?
Any help is appreciated.

IT04 will work fine with your iPhone, I assume you have the Apple headphone "dongle"

"Should you look for something else"? that depends on your preferred sound signature, I would suggest reading the reviews and impressions and make your mind up from there.

Do also look at the IT01, its quite a bit cheaper and I believe it has a more "linear" presentation than the IT04.

That said I really like the IT04 and at the moment its my universal IEM of choice.

Oct 11, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,340 of 1,733
IT04 will work fine with your iPhone, I assume you have the Apple headphone "dongle"

"Should you look for something else"? that depends on your preferred sound signature, I would suggest reading the reviews and impressions and make your mind up from there.

Do also look at the IT01, its quite a bit cheaper and I believe it has a more "linear" presentation than the IT04.

That said I really like the IT04 and at the moment its my universal IEM of choice.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have dongle. Problem is the more i read the more i get confused lol.
I am looking at IT04, FiiO FH5, Oriveti New Primacy, Sony XBA N3. it is never ending.
Not sure as I have to go with reviews and can not hear any.

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,343 of 1,733
Hmm I am thinking you would like the FH5 more than the IT04 if you like the sonics of the 1 more quads. The IT04 has a neutral type tuning on it meaning it does not have the elevated bass of the 1 More quad or the warm sound coloration of them. IT04 will have more treble extension and emphasis over the One more quads with a wider stage. IT04 will be a significant jump in resolution over the one more quads.

If you enjoy the sound of the 1 More quads and want a clear upgrade. I would get the FH5. IT04 might not be to your liking. But then if your wanting to try something much more higher end in the audio realm. The IT04 is just this. FH5 is somewhere in the middle of the 1 more quads and IT04. Has a fuller bass end vs the IT04. Great imaging and will most definitely be a step up from your one more quads.

The IT04 has a completely different level of tuning and SQ over the one more quads. If that is what your looking for by all means go for the IT04. The FH5 will kinda ease you into a higher end sound. The IT04 will be that higher end sound if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #1,344 of 1,733
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have dongle. Problem is the more i read the more i get confused lol.
I am looking at IT04, FiiO FH5, Oriveti New Primacy, Sony XBA N3. it is never ending.
Not sure as I have to go with reviews and can not hear any.

I haven't heard 1More Quad, so can't say for sure, but DSnuts understands sound well, I'd go with his advice

If you want warm or bassy sound, IT04 is a bit neutral.

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #1,345 of 1,733
One more quad will appeal to old timers. Since it has big bass warm tone. Old school sound I like to call it. These have a similar tuning to the Cardas Iems. It has a cool 3d type of sound however but the real culprit for me was the treble. Treble is not good on the one more quads. Reason why I sold them. Extremely rolled off in the treble causing a warm signature with that elevated bass too. I had them for a good month or so before they just wasn't doing anything for me. Had to sell them off.

Both the FH5 and especially the IT04 will be a significant upgrade on the sonics vs them for sure. But the reason why I suggested the FH5 is if he likes a bit more fullness to his sound like the one more. This and FH5 actually has a proper treble end.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,346 of 1,733
I listen to almost all kind of music. I don't like super sharp treble, but clean with some sparkle. Good tight bass, good sound-stage, detail separation. I bought my wife 1More quad core and I like them.

But then again upon reading this description of what he likes in a sound. You are describing the IT04 to a T.

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,347 of 1,733
One more quad will appeal to old timers. Since it has big bass warm tone. Old school sound I like to call it. These have a similar tuning to the Cardas Iems. It has a cool 3d type of sound however but the real culprit for me was the treble. Treble is not good on the one more quads. Reason why I sold them. Extremely rolled off in the treble causing a warm signature with that elevated bass too. I had them for a good month or so before they just wasn't doing anything for me. Had to sell them off.

Both the FH5 and especially the IT04 will be a significant upgrade on the sonics vs them for sure. But the reason why I suggested the FH5 is if he likes a bit more fullness to his sound like the one more. This and FH5 actually has a proper treble end.

I actually liked the treble of both :)

But I agree with you...

But then again upon reading this description of what he likes in a sound. You are describing the IT04 to a T.

I also agree with this, he really describes IT04, if his words match the reality

Oct 11, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #1,348 of 1,733
Hmm I am thinking you would like the FH5 more than the IT04 if you like the sonics of the 1 more quads. The IT04 has a neutral type tuning on it meaning it does not have the elevated bass of the 1 More quad or the warm sound coloration of them. IT04 will have more treble extension and emphasis over the One more quads with a wider stage. IT04 will be a significant jump in resolution over the one more quads.

If you enjoy the sound of the 1 More quads and want a clear upgrade. I would get the FH5. IT04 might not be to your liking. But then if your wanting to try something much more higher end in the audio realm. The IT04 is just this. FH5 is somewhere in the middle of the 1 more quads and IT04. Has a fuller bass end vs the IT04. Great imaging and will most definitely be a step up from your one more quads.

The IT04 has a completely different level of tuning and SQ over the one more quads. If that is what your looking for by all means go for the IT04. The FH5 will kinda ease you into a higher end sound. The IT04 will be that higher end sound if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your reply

I liked the 1More but could not wear for long as bass was too much and gave me headache. Am I making sense ?

I haven't heard 1More Quad, so can't say for sure, but DSnuts understands sound well, I'd go with his advice

If you want warm or bassy sound, IT04 is a bit neutral.

I actually liked the treble of both :)

But I agree with you...

I also agree with this, he really describes IT04, if his words match the reality

Thanks for your reply guys . Not sure if I want neutral as I am not sure of the terminology of the sound I like. I have NAD VISO HP50 and that is what I am looking at for sound, maybe better ?

Any others you suggest for me beside IT04 in same or less range ?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #1,349 of 1,733
I liked the 1More but could not wear for long as bass was too much and gave me headache. Am I making sense ?

Be careful you may be listening too loud, its quite easy to reach 90+ dB levels with efficient IEM's that would certainly give you a headache and damage your hearing if you listen above 90 dB levels for too long.

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #1,350 of 1,733
Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply guys . Not sure if I want neutral as I am not sure of the terminology of the sound I like. I have NAD VISO HP50 and that is what I am looking at for sound, maybe better ?

Any others you suggest for me beside IT04 in same or less range ?

I am not sure if HP50 is neutral, it has been a really long time since I heard them

If you want less bass, then IT04 doesn't have much in amount, but it has a great quality to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back