iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 3, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #601 of 1,733
Any chance of a third cable option? Say with a 90 degree jack and 90 degree connector section like Fidue sirius/virgo cable?

I find that too many manufacturers design IEMs for portables and smartphones, but then they make the jack non-90º. Sticking out and just asking for a bendgate of some sort.

It makes our portables slightly less pocketable due to the added length. I'd rather stick with a stock cable that is already in 90º so I don't have to add yet another variable that will change the sound sig/tonality: third-party cables.

I had to send my Cowon Plenue 2 back to Korea for repair of a sloppy 2.5mm jack. Since then I've purchased a right angle-to-straight adapter, which allows me to swap headphones/IEMs without wear and tear on the jack in the DAP, and which prevents me accidently torquing the connector in the jack. I don't know for certain that the jack failure was due to torquing the straight-out connector, but it's the leading suspect, with too many headphone swaps being the next most likely cause.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #603 of 1,733
Get the IT04's. You definitely won't be disappointed. They really do sound that good.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #605 of 1,733
Any chance of a third cable option? Say with a 90 degree jack and 90 degree connector section like Fidue sirius/virgo cable?

I find that too many manufacturers design IEMs for portables and smartphones, but then they make the jack non-90º. Sticking out and just asking for a bendgate of some sort.

It makes our portables slightly less pocketable due to the added length. I'd rather stick with a stock cable that is already in 90º so I don't have to add yet another variable that will change the sound sig/tonality: third-party cables.

I think straight 2.5mm plug works better with 3.5mm pigtail adapter, otherwise you have all these extra angled joints. Also, 2.5mm plug will look cleaner with a right angled 4.4mm adapter or 4.4mm pigtail adapter.

With 90deg mmcx connector housing, it could be a hit or miss depending on the size of your ears :wink: When cable goes wire up, you can make as big or as little wire "loop" around your ear, but with right angled connector it cuts straight back and might not work with every ear. I have a few of those cables which I hate with passion because they pinch the top of my ear :D

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #606 of 1,733
I think straight 2.5mm plug works better with 3.5mm pigtail adapter, otherwise you have all these extra angled joints. Also, 2.5mm plug will look cleaner with a right angled 4.4mm adapter or 4.4mm pigtail adapter.

With 90deg mmcx connector housing, it could be a hit or miss depending on the size of your ears :wink: When cable goes wire up, you can make as big or as little wire "loop" around your ear, but with right angled connector it cuts straight back and might not work with every ear. I have a few of those cables which I hate with passion because they pinch the top of my ear :D

Who makes a good right angle 4.4mm adapter? I'm looking for one but not seeing any great options.

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #608 of 1,733
Who makes a good right angle 4.4mm adapter? I'm looking for one but not seeing any great options.

The Japanese one...Musashino. I like it the best.

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #609 of 1,733
Do iBasso send out tracking info once an order's on its way? Never ordered from them directly before, only dealers.

Yes, once they ship you will get an email with tracking info.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #611 of 1,733
The Japanese one...Musashino. I like it the best.

Meeaudio also makes one, but it comes with their own spc cable and different adapters, can't be purchased separately and it does color the sound. I'm hoping iBasso can make one or a pigtail 4.4mm adapter.

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #612 of 1,733
Jul 4, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #613 of 1,733
Get the IT04's. You definitely won't be disappointed. They really do sound that good.

Got my tracking number... One step closer.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #614 of 1,733
Meeaudio also makes one, but it comes with their own spc cable and different adapters, can't be purchased separately and it does color the sound. I'm hoping iBasso can make one or a pigtail 4.4mm adapter.
I bought the Meeaudio kit of cable and various adapters on Amazon. Liking it so far (have another kit on order from Massdrop -active drop now for anyone that is interested at $20USD discount).

Since this colors the sound any others that you would recommend that don’t? I like wires that just get out of the way of the sound... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back