iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 5, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #631 of 1,733
Interesting how my original IT04's that I got back in February have the dark blue carbon fiber and the new ones have silver mesh. It's a good look.
\

They are offering both versions

Jul 5, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #633 of 1,733
ibasso IT04 silver blue.JPG
Interesting how my original IT04's that I got back in February have the dark blue carbon fiber and the new ones have silver mesh. It's a good look.
\
There are two versions -- silver and blue -- available for order.
http://ibasso.com/cp_xq_dy.php?id=6962#page11
When you order you can see choices in cart.

Mike

Jul 5, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #635 of 1,733
Well first impressions... I really like these a lot so far! Gotta get some burn in hours on them. I’ve tried them with a few audio chains so far. They sound very good on my desktop rig. I think they pair well with the DX150 as well... I am interested in how they sound on amp 8.

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #636 of 1,733
I wonder what people consider the competition for these to be ? I keep hearing good things about IMR1; though the lineage scares me a bit. Campfire? Noble? Others?

I really like the IT01 and the FLC8S (tuned on the reference side of things with a bit of upped low bass) if it helps to have a sense of what I like.

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #637 of 1,733
How would the it04 compare with the Shure SE846 and the Audio Technica ATH-E70? Wondering if I should just enjoy those two that I already have, or pick up the it04s...

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #638 of 1,733
I wonder what people consider the competition for these to be ? I keep hearing good things about IMR1; though the lineage scares me a bit. Campfire? Noble? Others?

I really like the IT01 and the FLC8S (tuned on the reference side of things with a bit of upped low bass) if it helps to have a sense of what I like.

Have been using my IMR R1’s for the past 8 month’s now. Only other IEM’s I have are just about everything Trinity put out. I did purchase the Massdrop Plus as it seemed like it would be comparable to my Ety ER4S, but mostly use it for classical and New Age music. Recently have considered the new FLC8n and IT04 for my next purchase. More so the IT04 really, especially with the reputation of iBasso.

But I listen to my IMR R1 and wonder why to a certain extent. The sound just smacks you up the side of the head and say’s “Are you awake yet?”

I really am looking forward to hearing impressions of the IT04 on here before I purchase. Hopefully someone else already has both and can compare.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #639 of 1,733

Fidue A83, or maybe the A91 although the prices are not in sync.

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #642 of 1,733
Got my silver IT04s yesterday.
10136781.jpg

Late night pic so not great lighting. However this sound.

My goodness they sound awesome out of the box. This is refreshing since I have been dealing with NiceHCK earphones that all require burn in something fierce to sound even remotely balanced.

IBasso did a fine job with these. Everything from the box the cannister by itself is a work of art. It is a thick screw on lid that houses the shells. Talk about a musium like appearance out of the box. It was all smiles when opening this box. You can't help to marvel at the quality of the whole thing. The shells themselves. I am holding one in my hands as I type. They look custom. Soo Nice! Lol

As for the sound. All I can say is. These are gonna garner a huge following. I can't figure out any obvious flaws at the moment. Treble is silky smooth and extends to every part of the sound in the highs. The mids have clean dimensions and layers upon layers of sound is absolutely on point. That bass. Bass is integrated so well. Tight with a very textured well defined low end that reaches deeeep.

All done with a great wide deep sound stage for earphones. The comfort for me is crazy good. One of the most comfortable earphones I have ever put in my ears. Amazing considering the housing is fairly large compared to many hybrid earphones.

The attention to detial from the packaging the cannister, the cables, the variatey of tips and the earphones themseleves. Make a compelling package. You don't put this type of grade A package for an earphone that will sound mediocre is my point.

I know $500 is a lot for some but there is always the question if you will get your monies worth in earphone. I can honestly say the wait was well worth it. Guys that are on the fence or considering these. Go for it. It will make you smile opening that package. They will make you smile even more once you hear them.

images

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #643 of 1,733
Got my silver IT04s yesterday.
10136781.jpg

Late night pic so not great lighting. However this sound.

My goodness they sound awesome out of the box. This is refreshing since I have been dealing with NiceHCK earphones that all require burn in something fierce to sound even remotely balanced.

IBasso did a fine job with these. Everything from the box the cannister by itself is a work of art. It is a thick screw on lid that houses the shells. Talk about a musium like appearance out of the box. It was all smiles when opening this box. You can't help to marvel at the quality of the whole thing. The shells themselves. I am holding one in my hands as I type. They look custom. Soo Nice! Lol

As for the sound. All I can say is. These are gonna garner a huge following. I can't figure out any obvious flaws at the moment. Treble is silky smooth and extends to every part of the sound in the highs. The mids have clean dimensions and layers upon layers of sound is absolutely on point. That bass. Bass is integrated so well. Tight with a very textured well defined low end that reaches deeeep.

All done with a great wide deep sound stage for earphones. The comfort for me is crazy good. One of the most comfortable earphones I have ever put in my ears. Amazing considering the housing is fairly large compared to many hybrid earphones.

The attention to detial from the packaging the cannister, the cables, the variatey of tips and the earphones themseleves. Make a compelling package. You don't put this type of grade A package for an earphone that will sound mediocre is my point.

I know $500 is a lot for some but there is always the question if you will get your monies worth in earphone. I can honestly say the wait was well worth it. Guys that are on the fence or considering these. Go for it. It will make you smile opening that package. They will make you smile even more once you hear them.

images

Nice to hear that. How is the isolation compared to new IEMs which have CIEMish like fit? (HK6 to an extent)

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #644 of 1,733
Isolation is ok but not great. I would say average at best. I found myself cranking up the volume a bit more than I am used to on my commute to work today using them more than normal to block out more road noise.

I would imagine using some foam tips would help a bit more with the isolation but I think due to the vents and such they sound semi open which is a good thing. Treble sounds even airy at times. You can tell the drivers have plenty of room to breathe in the shells. Sound is definitely not confined sounding.

The trade off is well worth the sound experience imo. They isolate enough to be enjoyed outdoors but I have better isolating earphones that don't sound as good.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #645 of 1,733
Isolation is ok but not great. I would say average at best. I found myself cranking up the volume a bit more than I am used to on my commute to work today using them more than normal to block out more road noise.

I would imagine using some foam tips would help a bit more with the isolation but I think due to the vents and such they sound semi open which is a good thing. Treble sounds even airy at times. You can tell the drivers have plenty of room to breathe in the shells. Sound is definitely not confined sounding.

The trade off is well worth the sound experience imo. They isolate enough to be enjoyed outdoors but I have better isolating earphones that don't sound as good.
Have you managed to get a significantly "out of head" presentation from them? Especially on live recordings, where the audience keep screaming, clapping, singing along and such?

I am still recovering cold turkey from the very hyped Havis and currently have ASG-1Plus (large shell, but manageable) to tide me over. Neutralish-warm with good vocals and laid-back sound (which may result in more volume-upscrolling) and w-i-d-e-s-c-r-e-e-n soundstage is my kind of jam.

How is the sub, mid, and upper bass? Any over-boosting?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back