iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
May 31, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #406 of 1,733
Sorry to take this off-topic again...

I've been following this thread for a while and was teeing up to get a pair of IT04s, I then read about the imr r1 and became interested in those.

I've now just found out that the Kaiser K10s are now on Massdrop for $899, sure it's a bit more but I'm guessing they would sound (considerably? ) better than the other 2 and possibly would be EOTL for me?

Anyone heard all three/ thoughts please?

May 31, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #408 of 1,733
Nice Review @cleg !

Can you share some comparisons to the CA Andromeda? I'm thinking of getting one, but looks like this is also a nice iems with much lesser price + balance cable is included as standard.

I don't have Andromeda now (sent mine to make custom eartips), but "by memory" — Andromeda is even more spacious, a bit more resolving and has less weight on lows/lower mids

May 31, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #411 of 1,733
Sorry to take this off-topic again...

I've been following this thread for a while and was teeing up to get a pair of IT04s, I then read about the imr r1 and became interested in those.

I've now just found out that the Kaiser K10s are now on Massdrop for $899, sure it's a bit more but I'm guessing they would sound (considerably? ) better than the other 2 and possibly would be EOTL for me?

Anyone heard all three/ thoughts please?

EOTL is a complicated thing unless you really know your tastes. I found that you can reach it quickly if something scratches your itch juuust the right way...

May 31, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #414 of 1,733
Yes, Andro is a whole different level for sure. Just have a listen and you will know
I beg to differ. I wouldn't say it is at a whole different level. Andro is just another iem with a different sound signature... happened to be liked by many. IT04 is by no means under par... in fact in my opinion, every aspect of this iem is comparable to all the other TOTL iem.

May 31, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #416 of 1,733
I beg to differ. I wouldn't say it is at a whole different level. Andro is just another iem with a different sound signature... happened to be liked by many. IT04 is by no means under par... in fact in my opinion, every aspect of this iem is comparable to all the other TOTL iem.
While I appreciate the Andro's sound signature, I think what sets the Andros apart from the IEMs and what makes the Andros truly unique is the craftsmanship and the soundstage that it brings us. The Andros has one of the best looking housings for IEMs in my opinion and the soundstage is just truly unique at it's price point. Therefore I wouldn't use the SS of the Andros to describe it but it's overall presentation of music and craftsmanship.

May 31, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #417 of 1,733
Angie's were my end game signature but the shells were just too big to get a good fit. Tried for months, maybe Angie V2 would be the go. The fit of the Kaiser scared me off. That's why I'm hoping to get a good fit and luxurious sound when this bad boy is released.

May 31, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #419 of 1,733
While I appreciate the Andro's sound signature, I think what sets the Andros apart from the IEMs and what makes the Andros truly unique is the craftsmanship and the soundstage that it brings us.
Yes, indeed tastes differ.
Most Campfire models (including the recent Cascade) are downright ugly with all these sharp angles, and that makes them lacking on the ergonomic side.
If you wanto see proper metal craftmanship, try Fidue Sirius, at leats they sit comfortably in the conchas.

Regarding tuning (yes, this is all about tuning), they do please a lot of people, except people like me who tend to hate the bright treble.

So in the end, yes it is all about individual taste.
I find these IT04 really beautiful and ergonomic, although I didn't have the pleasure to demo them.

May 31, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #420 of 1,733
@cleg can you post a picture of your ear with the IT04 on please?

2018-05-31 19.02.07.jpg 2018-05-31 19.02.40.jpg

when they fit, they fit perfectly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back