iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
May 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #391 of 1,733
That's good to hear that the it03 are better than the b400, haven't really seen a comparison up until your post just now...

You've reconfirmed why I went with the isine20 b stock for 300 over the el8 and others on that last adorama sale, they just don't speak to me given my experience with the oppo pm-3.

What is better about the aeon c? The plusses you mentioned for the night owl along with your description of the soundstage are right up my alley. It's the aeon even better with staging? Sounds like it's need to EQ the bass a tad.

May 27, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #392 of 1,733
That's good to hear that the it03 are better than the b400, haven't really seen a comparison up until your post just now...

You've reconfirmed why I went with the isine20 b stock for 300 over the el8 and others on that last adorama sale, they just don't speak to me given my experience with the oppo pm-3.

What is better about the aeon c? The plusses you mentioned for the night owl along with your description of the soundstage are right up my alley. It's the aeon even better with staging? Sounds like it's need to EQ the bass a tad.

AEON C are at least as good in soundstage and imaging, but require more amp to get there. They scale up better than the NightOwl. Overall the AFC has more detail, a smoother FR, and a more balanced sound. In particular, the bass has more control, more texture, more linearity, more extension, in exchange for less quantity and less impact. Standard planar vs dynamic stuff there. AFC has more treble extension and presence.

As I write all that out, I'm realizing that 'better' may be subjective to a degree. The AFC is more resolving and has fewer spikes/dips/resonances, but the sound sig is a matter of taste really. The Owl is a steal at its price, IMO.

May 27, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #393 of 1,733
I've hidden so many pairs of iems from the gf, lolz and the it03 sits at the top of their price bracket imho. (beerchug)
I'm with the reviewers that called it "high end sig for medium price bracket".
Guess that's the reason we're all in this thread. Not to mention how many times we've all read about the
price/performance ratio of the It01. 2 from two on the tuning from Ibasso is amazing as companies find so many ways to
mess up the tuning of one of their offerings. (beerchug)
Hoping for an improved It03, extension, bass and let the mids come out and play a bit more. That's not a very long list in reality.
(beerchug) If you stay drunk time goes by way quicker. Theres a tip for everyone during the wait.

May 27, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #394 of 1,733
Amateurs!

I've been waiting for the Dunu DK-4001 release since September 2015! LOL

:neutral_face::slight_frown::disappointed::disappointed_relieved::older_man::coffin:

May 30, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #400 of 1,733
I have exhausted my IT04 budget :astonished:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back