iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
May 25, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #376 of 1,733
This is legitimately a huge fear of mine as well. My friend and I also throw each other under the bus for some gear and say we just send it to each other (we actually do sometimes, but let's just say not as often as we claim.)

What's funny is sometimes for a gift I'll ask my wife or someone to get me a pair of KZs or TFZs for 5-50 dollars. Ya know, because all my pairs of headphones cost about 20-30 dollars generally....

Thank God I'm not into photography at least, I guess.

Photography can burn money faster than an incinerator :)

But at least photography is love :)

May 25, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #377 of 1,733
May 25, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #379 of 1,733
There's so much to learn. :frowning2:

May 25, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #380 of 1,733
I have the same user name over at audiogon and I fairly regularly buy and sell stereo equipment in the tens of thousands of dollars per piece. I read an article many years ago about financial infidelity and how harmful it is for a relationship. I really took it to heart and started telling my wife exactly what I was doing and why. The first two years were a little rough with all of the "how much did that cost" and "do you really need that". After those first two years though she started to trust that I knew what I was doing and started making comments about how cool that amp looks or how good it sounds or how easy this thing is to use. She accepts that I love good music, and cool gear, and that it is something of a spiritual journey for me. I might have been able to get by with deception but trust feels sooo much better.

May 25, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #385 of 1,733
Haha... I think all of us here have been waiting for the longest time. Hang in there bro. 2-3 weeks is nothing compared to 9 months. I believe this time line is legit as China is already waiting for the 2nd batch release.

May 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #386 of 1,733
Haha... I think all of us here have been waiting for the longest time. Hang in there bro. 2-3 weeks is nothing compared to 9 months. I believe this time line is legit as China is already waiting for the 2nd batch release.
I really hope so.
I was saving up for it04 and in the mean time some campfire comet reviews came up and I ended up buying that...
I hope I will be able to stay strong and make sure I don't get another iem until I place an order for it04.

May 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #387 of 1,733
I really hope so.
I was saving up for it04 and in the mean time some campfire comet reviews came up and I ended up buying that...
I hope I will be able to stay strong and make sure I don't get another iem until I place an order for it04.
I know that feeling, I have purchased both the isine20 and brainwavz b400 in the time I've been waiting. It needs to be soon before something else catches my eye.

May 27, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #388 of 1,733
I know that feeling, I have purchased both the isine20 and brainwavz b400 in the time I've been waiting. It needs to be soon before something else catches my eye.

LOL I ended up burning through my IT04 fund on deals on some EL-8 Titaniums and NightOwl Carbons. Fortunately, the wait continued and now my IT04 fund has been replenished.

The B400s are great though, aren't they? I've been eyeballing those Campfire Audio Comets, too.

May 27, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #389 of 1,733
LOL I ended up burning through my IT04 fund on deals on some EL-8 Titaniums and NightOwl Carbons. Fortunately, the wait continued and now my IT04 fund has been replenished.

The B400s are great though, aren't they? I've been eyeballing those Campfire Audio Comets, too.
Love the b400 and really am just hoping the it04 is a real step up.... Just really starting to get into the isine20, took a long time to get used to. I'm guessing you got the el8 on the same adorama sale I got the isine20...

How are the carbons, I think those would have to come after a pair of mrspeakers aeon c for me...

May 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #390 of 1,733
Love the b400 and really am just hoping the it04 is a real step up.... Just really starting to get into the isine20, took a long time to get used to. I'm guessing you got the el8 on the same adorama sale I got the isine20...

How are the carbons, I think those would have to come after a pair of mrspeakers aeon c for me...

I was a little hesitant about getting the NightOwls because the measured FR looked crazy, but I'm glad I did. They sound awesome. Not nearly as dark or veiled as I thought they would be. I also replaced the stock cable because the inline mic was messing with the signal. That helped alleviate the hollowness of the mids too. Great soundstage and imaging, even compared to my open cans, and the sound is addictive. Very musical and non-fatiguing, but they still have energy. Great purchase. AEON C is better though, and they share a lot of the same character, but the Owl's have more bass and a warmer, more analogue sound.

I got the EL-8 Ti from Adorama. One of those 'selling them like they're poisonous' sales that's hard to pass up. Aaaand... they're basically bright af. Without bass boost, they would be unlistenable for me. With boost, they are pretty lean on the bottom end, but still very good overall. Very detailed and clean like a pair of Stax. They're growing on me, but they won't be for everyone.

I can't imagine the IT04 not being a big step up from the B400. As good as those are, and they are very good, if all iBasso does is slap a couple of BA's on the IT01 and call it a day, it would still probably be better than the B400. The IT03 beats the B400 handily, IMO, and the IT04 should be better still. I do have a lot of faith in iBasso, however, so maybe that's wishful thinking. On the other hand, I willing to spend $500 saying it isn't. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back