iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Apr 13, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #196 of 1,733
Hi!
I'm looking for IEMs to buy, as well as a DAP. I was given the suggestion to look for iBasso and I found this thread and it seems that the IT04 would be a very good choice. I'm just looking forward to reading some reviews about them!
I might combine the purchase by also buying a DX150, would it likely be a good match as with the DX200 that was mentioned?

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #197 of 1,733
Dang it!

Thanks!
Are you my Zifnab? Haha

Haha, @Fizban I won't derail the thread further, but I'm loving this too :D

Icefalkon was co-manning the iBasso stall in the recent CanJam Stateside; I co-manned the iBasso stand at the London CanJam (volunteers, as opposed to employees!).
The wood one was a strange but beautiful prototype that eventually was put aside in favour of a more conventional (but still lovely) shell.
What I can be sure of is that iBasso test the hell out of everything, and they will have done this because they felt this would produce the best results :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #198 of 1,733
Haha, @Fizban I won't derail the thread further, but I'm loving this too :D

Icefalkon was co-manning the iBasso stall in the recent CanJam Stateside; I co-manned the iBasso stand at the London CanJam (volunteers, as opposed to employees!).
The wood one was a strange but beautiful prototype that eventually was put aside in favour of a more conventional (but still lovely) shell.
What I can be sure of is that iBasso test the hell out of everything, and they will have done this because they felt this would produce the best results :)
Ooooooo thank you that's what I need!

Any reason to hold out for ummmmmmm a limited edition perhaps?

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #199 of 1,733
Ooooooo thank you that's what I need!

Any reason to hold out for ummmmmmm a limited edition perhaps?

My advice:
Don't hold your breath. There could be a risk of suffocation :p

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #200 of 1,733
Aiiiiiiiight

It04 it is then!

And while we're all waiting for stocks to magically appear, can you hype it up a bit for us with tidbits on them?
I hear each piece is hand-assembled and tested. True?

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #201 of 1,733
Aiiiiiiiight

It04 it is then!

And while we're all waiting for stocks to magically appear, can you hype it up a bit for us with tidbits on them?
I hear each piece is hand-assembled and tested. True?

I have heard that this is indeed the case, but cannot personally confirm.
What I can confirm is their outstanding customer service.
It's rare for things to go wrong, but when they do (and this will happen to EVERY manufacturer sooner or later), they very swiftly sort them out :)

I also heard that dragon skin and powdered unicorn horn were involved in creating that magic sound, but again, I cannot confirm, and would not wish to sully iBasso's pristine reputation with suggestions of a less than perfect regard for animal welfare :wink:

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #202 of 1,733
Is the Gold and black version limited to a specific market?
I only see the Blue and black version across the linked stores.
iBasso has such a good logo, it’d would’ve fit soo much nicer on the faceplates. Given it more presige too. IMHO. But I’m a Deus Ex fan too, so I’m biased ^^

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #203 of 1,733
It's rare for things to go wrong, but when they do (and this will happen to EVERY manufacturer sooner or later), they very swiftly sort them out :)

I also heard that dragon skin and powdered unicorn horn were involved in creating that magic sound, but again, I cannot confirm, and would not wish to sully iBasso's pristine reputation with suggestions of a less than perfect regard for animal welfare :wink:
Gaaaaahhhhh!

Such.........poor................

....................animals!!

Oh alright it's for a good cause anyway.
Skin them away! Powder them away!
How can I help??

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #204 of 1,733
afaik, the wood version might be coming if their supplier doesn't screw them over, and if it will it will be while longer as it takes a while to produce and it will be a couple 100$ more expensive

fingers crossed that we'll see them within a year :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #205 of 1,733

HYSTERICAL!

These are beautifully made IEM's that fight WAY above their weight class. For $499 USD they sound as good if not better than many $1000 IEM's that I've owned over the years.

Here is my write up on them...

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it04.22954/

How can I help??

Also hysterical!

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #206 of 1,733
Gaaaaahhhhh!

Such.........poor................

....................animals!!

How can I help??

Hahahaha... Do you have a pestle and mortar? :p

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #207 of 1,733
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #210 of 1,733
To clear up the information on the IT04w. We will be producing it but I don't have a release date at this time. It will be more expensive than the IT04 and the sound signature is a little different.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back