iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #226 of 1,733
I am not sure since this is your first language and not mine but I think you misspelled a word.And that word was too long to fit on the shell.It curved around funny into a circle.

We tried the iBasso logo. The shape of the logo and the shell didn't look good together. I think in person the way we have it now is more appealing than maybe in images. This has been told to me a number of times in person and by emails. I do think people will enjoy the sound. The IT04 and accessories are all premium and hopefully musically many people will be happy and enjoy the music.

do not completely agree with u. The logo (mid Size) would be the best one. Those "In Tune"s really suck !! appears to be cheapo, sickk!

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #227 of 1,733
So, when?

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #229 of 1,733
Today , I had briefly tried the Ibasso it04. I was not expecting much from it. But It was better than I have expected.

Yesterday, i also briefly tried UE6 pro and I was expecting it to be good and I might pre-order if it has met my expectation but it did not.

Base on memory, the bass are equally good for both. UE6 pro treble sounds more digital when I listen to cymbals while IT04 sounds real. IT04 has better timber than UE6 pro. I am consider buying IT04. The cable of IT04 looks attractive too.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #230 of 1,733
Hi, a question to IT04 owners or users - is IT04 worth an upgrade from IT03?
Does anyone know how does IT04 stand against Dunu DN-2002?

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #231 of 1,733
Hi, a question to IT04 owners or users - is IT04 worth an upgrade from IT03?
Does anyone know how does IT04 stand against Dunu DN-2002?

I spent a couple of weeks listening to IT03 non-stop prior to CanJam last year.
I arrived and the first thing I listened to was a pair of IT04 on demo at the iBasso desk.
I was *immediately* struck by how they were significantly better than the IT03.
By way of perspective, I *love* the IT03 (see my review of it!); I just felt straight away that all the things I love about the IT03, the IT04 was doing them too, and better :)
All the usual disclaimers apply, personal opinion, subjective perspective, YMMV, etc etc :p

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #233 of 1,733
@Paul - Can you make any guarantees that the it04 will be available by summer?
We are working on it. It is the plan to have them out before summer but whenever I make a date it bites me. We want the IT04 out as much as everyone wants them. We are trying.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 19, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #234 of 1,733
I tried the IT04 at a local store today. The signature is a slight U-shape (more close to neutral). Bass has good resonance, texture and slam. I find that the bass has slightly softer edges which makes it very fun and engaging to listen to. The bass has depth and is high resolution, compared to IEMs in its price range or slightly higher. The mids had a fuller body (they are not neutral in tone) but they feel "natural" as they contain air and a slight hint of warmth in the vocals. Female vocals are slightly forward. The treble had good resolution and sparkle...I need to listen to the treble more to have a more solid impression.

But what really blew me away was its staging properties. The IEM has an airy and wide staging. With very beautiful separation/layering and solid imaging, it unpacked busier/messier songs and presented them as a nice smooth sound to my ears. I could actually accurately hear the distinct sounds and where they came from. There is a good sense of space between instruments. The soundstage is really believable. The only qualm (at its price point) would be that they are slightly weak with detail retrieval. But they are a good value...and would still sell even if priced at $100 more.

I think a good direct comparison would be the Oriolus Forsteni. Forsteni is less balanced but it has a similar sound and staging properties compared to the IT04...but I prefer the IT04 as it's smoother and has way superior layering.

Note that I have not tried the IT01-IT03 yet. They have piqued my interest. Hope this helps.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #235 of 1,733
I tried the IT04 at a local store today. The signature is a slight U-shape (more close to neutral). Bass has good resonance, texture and slam. I find that the bass has slightly softer edges which makes it very fun and engaging to listen to. The bass has depth and is high resolution, compared to IEMs in its price range or slightly higher. The mids had a fuller body (they are not neutral in tone) but they feel "natural" as they contain air and a slight hint of warmth in the vocals. Female vocals are slightly forward. The treble had good resolution and sparkle...I need to listen to the treble more to have a more solid impression.

But what really blew me away was its staging properties. The IEM has an airy and wide staging. With very beautiful separation/layering and solid imaging, it unpacked busier/messier songs and presented them as a nice smooth sound to my ears. I could actually accurately hear the distinct sounds and where they came from. There is a good sense of space between instruments. The soundstage is really believable. The only qualm (at its price point) would be that they are slightly weak with detail retrieval. But they are a good value...and would still sell even if priced at $100 more.

I think a good direct comparison would be the Oriolus Forsteni. Forsteni is less balanced but it has a similar sound and staging properties compared to the IT04...but I prefer the IT04 as it's smoother and has way superior layering.

Note that I have not tried the IT01-IT03 yet. They have piqued my interest. Hope this helps.

Thanks for these excellently written impressions :)
They match quite well what I remember hearing previous on the IT04.

This part "But what really blew me away was its staging properties. The IEM has an airy and wide staging. With very beautiful separation/layering and solid imaging, it unpacked busier/messier songs and presented them as a nice smooth sound to my ears. I could actually accurately hear the distinct sounds and where they came from. There is a good sense of space between instruments. The soundstage is really believable"
Is exactly the thing I love about the IT03, and which I felt the IT04 did even better :)

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #236 of 1,733
Thanks for these excellently written impressions :)
They match quite well what I remember hearing previous on the IT04.

This part "But what really blew me away was its staging properties. The IEM has an airy and wide staging. With very beautiful separation/layering and solid imaging, it unpacked busier/messier songs and presented them as a nice smooth sound to my ears. I could actually accurately hear the distinct sounds and where they came from. There is a good sense of space between instruments. The soundstage is really believable"
Is exactly the thing I love about the IT03, and which I felt the IT04 did even better :)

I'll definitely be spending more time with the IT04. Coherent sound which works well together and it seems like a good all-in-one package. Was rather easy to drive too. I can't stress how much coherency works in the favour of the IT04. With iems like the AK JH Michelle that has staggeringly realistic, detailed and beautiful mids, they fall flat because the bass is disjointed with the rest of the spectrum.

I usually don't associate smooth sounding with separation/layering as most of the time they don't work together (in that price tier), but the IT04 strikes a good balance.

Will give the IT01 and IT03 a shot to see how they perform.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #237 of 1,733
With well recorded music, the IT04 sound more like an open headphone than an IEM, IMO. I also have compared them to IEM's costing over 4 times as much and found the IT04 more coherent in the frequencies range and the layering and depth/width to be excellent. Detail varies with cables used. I have some Whiplash of the Twau V2 that bring out everything so the 04 can do it if you give them the signal. I also like using the CB13 that I converted so it can be used with 4.4 or any other plug.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #238 of 1,733
Can anyone compare the staging qualities to something like the isine20? It'd be great to have that level, but ya know, an actual iem with a seal and closed....

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #239 of 1,733
Can anyone compare the staging qualities to something like the isine20? It'd be great to have that level, but ya know, an actual iem with a seal and closed....

The iSine offers more in terms of soundstage...and is more natural at that. Too bad everything sounds disjointed.

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #240 of 1,733
We are working on it. It is the plan to have them out before summer but whenever I make a date it bites me. We want the IT04 out as much as everyone wants them. We are trying.
Paul, is there any chance you change your mind with that "In Tune" sign? Looks really weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back