iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,576 of 1,733
Hi guys, I'm really enjoying the sound of IT04, but I'd like them to sit deeper in my ear canals. Can you suggest some small eartips which could help me achieve deeper insertion? I was also considering spinfits, does anyone have some experience with wide spinfits on IT04?

Otherwise I'm really happy with the fit - coming from FH5 which was falling out of my ears every few mins..
I tried cp100,cp145,cp155 and cp500. Best for me was cp500. Highs playing widely and bass is stronger. great alternative are also spiral dots and Epro horn shaped tips

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,577 of 1,733
I use the CP240M. Great double flange fit. The standard no brand triple flange on ebay work well too.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,578 of 1,733
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #1,579 of 1,733
Hi, i have this great iem, but it is very sensitive to eartips. If its unmatch, the bass amount will be significantly decreased. I have tried several tips but none of these give me decent bass like default stock M eartips. I cant use it because it dont fit to my small canal. I cant use the S too because its too small.

Other tips i have used:
- other stock model (softer, wider bore, etc), not as good as default.
- spinfit cp100 : almost no bass
- ortofon eq5: good upper bass, but cant hear the subbass
- sony hybrid: its like ortofon, with worse soundstage
- spinfit cp145: almost perfect. Just need a little more bass to match the stock.
-etc.

I am currently using spinfit cp145. Is there any eartips that can give me great amount of bass? I am not a basshead but my reference is zero audio carbo tenore sound. Its very close tonal balance to it04 with stock M tips.

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #1,580 of 1,733
Hi, i have this great iem, but it is very sensitive to eartips. If its unmatch, the bass amount will be significantly decreased. I have tried several tips but none of these give me decent bass like default stock M eartips. I cant use it because it dont fit to my small canal. I cant use the S too because its too small.

Other tips i have used:
- other stock model (softer, wider bore, etc), not as good as default.
- spinfit cp100 : almost no bass
- ortofon eq5: good upper bass, but cant hear the subbass
- sony hybrid: its like ortofon, with worse soundstage
- spinfit cp145: almost perfect. Just need a little more bass to match the stock.
-etc.

I am currently using spinfit cp145. Is there any eartips that can give me great amount of bass? I am not a basshead but my reference is zero audio carbo tenore sound. Its very close tonal balance to it04 with stock M tips.

Again, I'd recommend to at least try Symbio W tips (you can order a pack that contains one pair each of S, M & L which is helpful in finding the best fit).

Also, pure memory foam tips, perhaps wide bore, would probably give the most bass. Comply foam tips perhaps? Or various good Chinese alternatives on eBay etc

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,582 of 1,733
Hi, I purchased the It04 but had a question about fit. How do you guys recommend to get the top part of the IEM to stay in/towards your ear? Like the bottom does due to the tip going into your ear but the part above kind of hangs out. It hasn't fell out just seems weird, I wasn't sure if a part of the ear should hold it in or the wire over the ear.

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,583 of 1,733
Hi, I purchased the It04 but had a question about fit. How do you guys recommend to get the top part of the IEM to stay in/towards your ear? Like the bottom does due to the tip going into your ear but the part above kind of hangs out. It hasn't fell out just seems weird, I wasn't sure if a part of the ear should hold it in or the wire over the ear.

Thanks!
Should wear over the ear.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,585 of 1,733
Selling my pair if anyone is interested :)

Me! Me! IT04 are awesome!
Oh wait, I already own a pair :p

Good luck with the sale though, I'm sure you'll get a good price. I think these are one of the best offerings at their price range :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #1,587 of 1,733
Can anybody recommend as upgrade cabel to it04? I used cb12s, now I use EA Eros 2 for them, but I wonder if you can do better in a similar price range

Well, the question I would ask you first is what is it that you want to do to the sound signature of the IT04? More mid-bass? More extension? More warmth? Just a few examples, but of course there are many more :)
Another way of looking at it, is what would you like more of or less of, from your existing Eros II? Or what do you wish was different?

Once we know that, I (or others) can probably give you some decent recommendations :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #1,588 of 1,733
eros II compare to cb12s made good changes for me. Deeper bass, wider scenę and a little bit smooth highs. now they also play cleaner and more detailed. I wonder if there is a kabel that will play at a similar level, but a little warmer. Is ares II+ good options?

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,589 of 1,733
eros II compare to cb12s made good changes for me. Deeper bass, wider scenę and a little bit smooth highs. now they also play cleaner and more detailed. I wonder if there is a kabel that will play at a similar level, but a little warmer. Is ares II+ good options?

I actually have the Ares II+
I haven't listened to it much yet, so the only thing I can say for sure is that it increases the impact and rumble of the bass (compared with the regular Ares II).
However, it sounds like Ares II 8-wire might be a good solution for you, It should add the warmth and bass you are looking for, and also provide a boost to the soundstage whilst keeping the highs nice and smooth. Basically, taking lots of things that are already great about the IT04 and making them even better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back