iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jun 19, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #1,561 of 1,733
I still find IT-04 quite a good reference for price / performance in this price range, just so everyone knows, they appear in almost every single review of a ~500 USD product, IT-04 still rocks lots!

Another trick I learned is to use a new toothrbrush, and brush the grille, that also removes earwax quite effectively :)

i have checked it and theres no wax build up on the nozzle its super clean. maybe theres something wrong with the internals the driver flex problem i guess is the reason why its quiter and theres no bass slam compared to the right driver

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,562 of 1,733
i have checked it and theres no wax build up on the nozzle its super clean. maybe theres something wrong with the internals the driver flex problem i guess is the reason why its quiter and theres no bass slam compared to the right driver

Sure, I guess we are just making sure that all options are tried first so you don't send it away unnecessarily :)
I think you're right that it sounds like it's an issue with one of the drivers.
I doubt driver flex has anything to do with it though; it's more likely a bump or drop, before or after you received them.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,563 of 1,733
I still find IT-04 quite a good reference for price / performance in this price range, just so everyone knows, they appear in almost every single review of a ~500 USD product, IT-04 still rocks lots!

Agree, they're not just a very good IEM, but for me, they have a delightful shimmering, spacious, musical quality that gives them a special character that I've found in few other IEM's at any price. Long live the IT04! :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #1,564 of 1,733
Would one of you mind measuring the diameter and/or circumference of the MMCX connectors of the stock ibasso CB12 cable that's included with the IT04? I'm considering buying this cable for my Beyer Xelento, but want to see if it will fit ok as it's a very small IEM.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,565 of 1,733
Would one of you mind measuring the diameter and/or circumference of the MMCX connectors of the stock ibasso CB12 cable that's included with the IT04? I'm considering buying this cable for my Beyer Xelento, but want to see if it will fit ok as it's a very small IEM.
The outside of the sleeve that butts up against the IEM (the silver section) is 5.95mm or almost 6mm,. The shoulder above the immediate MMCX connector (brass gold plated section) is 2.91mm.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,566 of 1,733
The outside of the sleeve that butts up against the IEM (the silver section) is 5.95mm or almost 6mm,. The shoulder above the immediate MMCX connector (brass gold plated section) is 2.91mm.

Thanks. Is that the diameter or the circumference (probably diameter right)?

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,567 of 1,733
Thanks. Is that the diameter or the circumference (probably diameter right)?
Diameter or use 3.14 X d for the circumference but then I suspect you know that. :^)

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,568 of 1,733
There have been reports of the iBasso mmcx cables not working with other IEMs due to the plastic boot around the actual connector coming down 'too' far and interfering with the ability of the mmcx connector to snap together completely.

There was the suggestion that the boot could be trimmed up (say with an exacto knife) to solve this. I don't know how that came out. I've never used them (CB-12 or CB-13) with other IEMs, so I can't help more.

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #1,569 of 1,733
Then it's time to turn on the bluetooth :grin:

Hi @Ryokan,

Just my two cents...
Personally & subjectively, CB 13 is still perhaps the 'best' synergy for IT 04 I have found though if you're curious, the following cables in no particularly order also pair well with IT 04 :

Penon GS 849
Penon OS 849
Penon GD 849
ISN Audio H 16 (Current Pairing)
ISN Audio C 16 (Good for Neutral Sources or if you want more Bass)
Sony IER M7 Cable

Bluetooth as a audio connection is highly subjective & personal, not to mention there is no real defined standard between BT 4 + or BT 5 + on which codecs should be used with either BT standard, for those which still only have BT 3, it is even more a crap shoot.
So aside from well recorded source quality, personally & subjectivey, LDAC and AptX or AptX HD tend to be the most consistent codecs for giving close to wired experience, especially close to a natural bass response though this will depend on BT source as well as BT cable involved.
Personally, LDAC is the only one so far which gives that good natural bass response & most consistent overall good sound, I have no access to HWA so cannot comment on that codec.
It is important to note, some smartphones & smart devices, with developer settings enabled allow for user selection of BT codec so if you use BT audio on a device with this option, ensure the highest codec available is always selected to get the best possible experience & make sure it doesn't reset itself as it may want to do.

As a final note, burn in is highly controversial for various reasons which don't really need to be gone into as no one will talk about anything else. So whether one believes in the process, what is important to note, aside from whatever perceived sonic changes there may be, components still need to be 'run in' to make sure everything works as advertised though this tends to be truer for machinery & other related gear but not exclusive to.
Just as a general statement, given the product volumes some manufacturers make, they more than likely don't have time to do that burn in.

A good analogy for burn in would just running a vehicle from day to day to ensure everything works consistently.
Or even better, say you buy a vehicle from a dealer, used or new, doesn't matter, the important thing is it works & you're covered if something goes wrong & usually there is a time frame, from a few weeks to a few months where there is either a complimentary service or a service for a nominal fee from standard to check everything works well.

Hope this makes sense.

Feel free to ask more if you need

Hope you have a great day !

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,571 of 1,733
Hi all! Has anyone been able to compare the it04 with the new fiio fh7? The it04 is still the best buy in its price range?

Regards.
Bump. Would love to see this comparison, currently using IT04 with Satin Kraken 8x Cable and sound fantastic out of AMP8.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,572 of 1,733
My favorite IEM to date is the IT04.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,573 of 1,733
(would prefer to get to 200-300 hours of burn-in before doing critical listening).
I received my dx150, yesterday and I confirm It paires well with the IT04 :smile_phones:
I am using DX150 with AMP7 and AMP9 for IT04 (CB13 cable) . very happy about this pairing .

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,575 of 1,733
Hi guys, I'm really enjoying the sound of IT04, but I'd like them to sit deeper in my ear canals. Can you suggest some small eartips which could help me achieve deeper insertion? I was also considering spinfits, does anyone have some experience with wide spinfits on IT04?

Otherwise I'm really happy with the fit - coming from FH5 which was falling out of my ears every few mins..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back