iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,502 of 1,733
Hi @NiVrA,

Have you only tried the spiral dots?
Personally & subjectively, I get good results with Comply 500 Isolation tips, Spin fits work reasonably though I prefer the Complys as they fit better.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #1,503 of 1,733
Hi @NiVrA,

Have you only tried the spiral dots?
Personally & subjectively, I get good results with Comply 500 Isolation tips, Spin fits work reasonably though I prefer the Complys as they fit better.

Hope you have a great day !
hello do the comply tips affect the sq? also yeah i only have the spiral dots at the moment was also planning on getting the final e ear tips

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #1,504 of 1,733
hello do the comply tips affect the sq? also yeah i only have the spiral dots at the moment was also planning on getting the final e ear tips

Foam tips change the sound slightly, but its up to personal preference.

For me, I'd rather wear the IT04 comfortably for several hours with foam tips and with a slightly different audio balance than half an hour with a silicone eartip that gets uncomfortable after a little while.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,505 of 1,733
For me Spiral Dots are the best tips for my IT04s.

They give me a good seal, are comfortable and do not change the sound.

Tried comply and spin fits - Comply for me dull the treble and spin fits effect the bass. In both cases not massively but when we are all trying t make tiny improvements to our listenting experience it seems a shame not to hear the IT04s at their best.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #1,506 of 1,733
just found out my IT04 has the peel off issue like you guys faced once it is released. Not sure what iBasso is going to do with my IT04.
IMG-20190204-WA0005.jpeg

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #1,511 of 1,733
Anyone here who has heard both IT04 and UM Martian? Would love to hear how they compare, now that UM Martians are available for 500$ new.

HAven't I provided this comparison somewhere before? :)

Martians are considerably more analytical, more detailed in the midrange, with a shorter, tighter bass, and a brighter top end. IT04 feels more natural by comparison, but they have a similar overall tuning.

IT04 is more smooth in the midrange, more musicall overall, IT04 is more comfortable, smaller, both are really well made, but the martians have more void, while with IT04 you should have neither void nor flex.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #1,512 of 1,733
HAven't I provided this comparison somewhere before? :)

Martians are considerably more analytical, more detailed in the midrange, with a shorter, tighter bass, and a brighter top end. IT04 feels more natural by comparison, but they have a similar overall tuning.

IT04 is more smooth in the midrange, more musicall overall, IT04 is more comfortable, smaller, both are really well made, but the martians have more void, while with IT04 you should have neither void nor flex.

Thanks for the comparison. :)

I wasn't able to find any mention in the reviews or any of the respective threads, hence why i thought checking here would work. (in fact, in the UM Martian thread, i had posted as well).

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,513 of 1,733
Hi Paul,

I received my IT04 10 minutes ago (I live in Portugal and I ordered from the Spanish distributor, Headphoniaks, since there is no distributor in Portugal).
I sent you an e-mail.

Cheers,
paulo

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,514 of 1,733
Hi,

About the peeling and that...where do you store your IT04?
I found that the alu box it's too large for them and they will rattle inside the box (and the alu box it is not protected inside, it is plain aluminium). But if I use the green alu box from the CB12s cable (I bought one for my UM PRO50) which have the same diameter but it is 1 centimeter less in height and have a nice protective material inside, there is no rattle!
Just a thought :).

Cheers,
paulo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back