iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jan 8, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #1,486 of 1,733
Wow.. I would like to know also where can i get demo for all these IEM in the state i stay... Jaben is the audio shop i can go with but not all high end model they carry. Anyway, appreciate your recommendation.

Thanks.

Which part of M'sia are you in?
If you can get to KL, I think there are more places there than just Jaben?
I'm actually British, but I've travelled there a couple of times and have a lot of M'sian friends.
I've seen people on Head-Fi posting about places to demo gear out there, but can't remember much.

The best bet (if you're not in KL already) is to go to KL or, even better, Singapore, where I heard there are a lot of shops where you can demo high-end equipment. Google is your friend.

Also, asking around on the threads (ones related to the IEM's you're interested in) whether there's any local people who'd be willing to meet up with you and let you demo their gear; this happens quite a bit and it's a good way to get to know other people in your area who have the same wallet-crushing hobby :D

Finally, I'm not sure if it's already happened this year, but there's CanJam Singapore, where loads of manufacturers come and demo their gear for you to listen to in one building :)

I mentioned the IT01s because it's very good. It's quite like the IT04, but the bass is a bit more impactful and the sound a bit less linear.
So for a mere $199, you can get two good quality sound signatures. For me, this works well because I like different genres of music, and prefer one kind of IEM for some genres, and another kind of IEM for the others.

However, I totally understand the appeal of looking around to see what else it out there in the upper echelons.
Having said that, I have a suspicion that iBasso are not going to stop here, and will release a hybrid with a new dynamic driver that's priced around $799 to $999.
I have no inside information lol, this is just speculation on my part, but based on existing trends and developments :wink:

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,487 of 1,733
Have a question hoping someone could help. I sometimes feel it04 may be shouty at high frequency. Was wondering if changing cable would bring it down a little.
I am close to deciding on these but on certain songs I notice the same thing, did you find a solution with cable change or tips?

Jan 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,488 of 1,733
Which part of M'sia are you in?
If you can get to KL, I think there are more places there than just Jaben?
I'm actually British, but I've travelled there a couple of times and have a lot of M'sian friends.
I've seen people on Head-Fi posting about places to demo gear out there, but can't remember much.

The best bet (if you're not in KL already) is to go to KL or, even better, Singapore, where I heard there are a lot of shops where you can demo high-end equipment. Google is your friend.

Also, asking around on the threads (ones related to the IEM's you're interested in) whether there's any local people who'd be willing to meet up with you and let you demo their gear; this happens quite a bit and it's a good way to get to know other people in your area who have the same wallet-crushing hobby :D

Finally, I'm not sure if it's already happened this year, but there's CanJam Singapore, where loads of manufacturers come and demo their gear for you to listen to in one building :)

I mentioned the IT01s because it's very good. It's quite like the IT04, but the bass is a bit more impactful and the sound a bit less linear.
So for a mere $199, you can get two good quality sound signatures. For me, this works well because I like different genres of music, and prefer one kind of IEM for some genres, and another kind of IEM for the others.

However, I totally understand the appeal of looking around to see what else it out there in the upper echelons.
Having said that, I have a suspicion that iBasso are not going to stop here, and will release a hybrid with a new dynamic driver that's priced around $799 to $999.
I have no inside information lol, this is just speculation on my part, but based on existing trends and developments :wink:

I just went to KL last month. But it is a rush trip. Don't have time to do the audition. Thanks for your suggestion. Really appreciate that.

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #1,490 of 1,733
What 4.4 cable do you guys suggest that can be bought in aliexpress?or I should just buy a adapter instead to save money, will it not make the sound quality inferior?

I mean, iBasso especially creates both an adapter, and an MMCX cable with 4.4mm termniation, so I would probably go with theirs :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,491 of 1,733
I mean, iBasso especially creates both an adapter, and an MMCX cable with 4.4mm termniation, so I would probably go with theirs :)

As always, you are right, @Dobrescu George, hard to go wrong with an iBasso product.

Personally, 4.4 mm connection would be nice when I have amp &/or DAP to support it but until that day not necessary.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #1,492 of 1,733
I currently have a pair of IT04s on sample and they're very impressive in terms of separation, resolution and overall balance. Detail retrieval also top notch. Curious if anyone has compared these to the Empire Ears Bravado? I'm aware the latter a little more bass-focused, but do they compete with the Ibasso in terms of fit, comfort, and detail retrieval? Thanks.

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,493 of 1,733
I currently have a pair of IT04s on sample and they're very impressive in terms of separation, resolution and overall balance. Detail retrieval also top notch. Curious if anyone has compared these to the Empire Ears Bravado? I'm aware the latter a little more bass-focused, but do they compete with the Ibasso in terms of fit, comfort, and detail retrieval? Thanks.
I personally feel that bravados are too much of a bass focused iem for my liking. For me it is too much of L shape sound signature and I felt that I miss mids and treble.
IT04 is much more balanced to my ears with good presence of mids and highs compared to bravados.
This is my personal opinion, I had bravados only for 3 weeks or so.

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,494 of 1,733
I personally feel that bravados are too much of a bass focused iem for my liking. For me it is too much of L shape sound signature and I felt that I miss mids and treble.
IT04 is much more balanced to my ears with good presence of mids and highs compared to bravados.
This is my personal opinion, I had bravados only for 3 weeks or so.
Thanks. That's more or less what I expected in terms of balance, which I cannot really fault in the IT04 - very well tuned. Do you have any recollections of difference in build, comfort, and isolation? Thanks again.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #1,495 of 1,733
Thanks. That's more or less what I expected in terms of balance, which I cannot really fault in the IT04 - very well tuned. Do you have any recollections of difference in build, comfort, and isolation? Thanks again.
I didn't have any issues with isolation on either. Bravado has a shorter nozzle than it04, so if you are looking for deeper insertion for your iem, then IT04 is better.
I didn't have issues with comfort on either.

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #1,497 of 1,733
Bearing in mind the DX200/AMP5 is very neutral and so is the IT04, does this lead to a colder sound? I'm looking for my IEMs to add a little warmth.
I definitely wouldn't call IT04 neutral, it does have adequate bass, mids and treble to sound exciting.
It is really engaging iem. If you were referring to my post earlier, I meant it doesn't have too much of bass like bravado.
I personally don't have any experience with DX200/AMP5 may be someone else would be able to comment on the pairing.

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #1,498 of 1,733
Bearing in mind the DX200/AMP5 is very neutral and so is the IT04, does this lead to a colder sound? I'm looking for my IEMs to add a little warmth.

You can always use the EQ to add a bit of warmth as well :)

The sound of the pairing won't be cold, but IT-04, while smoother in the midrange is not overly lush or warm or bassy, it is balanced with enough bass so you can feel the kick, and enough sparkle in the treble to be fun and engaging.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #1,499 of 1,733
I definitely wouldn't call IT04 neutral, it does have adequate bass, mids and treble to sound exciting.
It is really engaging iem. If you were referring to my post earlier, I meant it doesn't have too much of bass like bravado.
I personally don't have any experience with DX200/AMP5 may be someone else would be able to comment on the pairing.
Disagree -- I would call IT04 neutral. That doesn't have to mean un-exciting, and to my ears it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back