iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Apr 28, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #1,967 of 3,079
the a73 is warmer and to my ears has a little more natural, analog-sounding tonality; the IT01 has better-etched bass, a bit more treble emphasis and might be a little more coherent overall, although again they are quite similar, as both are full-sounding, immersive and have excellent instrument separation. in terms of quality, they're a coin flip--for a different flavor in the same price range i'd look at the musicmaker tk13 or perhaps the lz a4.

Reading through the thread I had the opposite idea of the it01 sound signature. I expected it to be as equally warm if not warmer than A73 and go deeper with bass.

If someone else can compare the it01 with a73 - It would be really helpful to get a second opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,968 of 3,079
Mids are slightly recessed and sit just behind the vocals.

I thought vocals were part of the middle frequencies so maybe I have been confused all along. I have worried when people say mids are recessed... worried that vocals would be weak. I listen to a lot of singer songwriters and I need the voices to be the focus when that is the intention. I am happy with the it01 in that respect . It is the reviews now that I guess I have been misunderstanding all this time.

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #1,969 of 3,079
Reading through the thread I had the opposite idea of the it01 sound signature. I expected it to be as equally warm if not warmer than A73 and go deeper with bass.

If someone else can compare the it01 with a73 - It would be really helpful to get a second opinion.

I have both but have only had the a73 for a short time. I like both but I can't really do a proper comparison. As I said in the post above I am obviously too confused by the terminology.

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,970 of 3,079
I thought vocals were part of the middle frequencies so maybe I have been confused all along. I have worried when people say mids are recessed... worried that vocals would be weak. I listen to a lot of singer songwriters and I need the voices to be the focus when that is the intention. I am happy with the it01 in that respect . It is the reviews now that I guess I have been misunderstanding all this time.
Mids are where most of the vocal reside. And, to me, the IT01 are not mid recessed at all. The vocals are up front, when they should be and sound right for placement within the recording. Sometimes Jerry Garcia is recessed but they also did a horrible job of recording sometimes and sometimes excellent. lol

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #1,971 of 3,079
The it01 goes well with Spin Fits too, they seem to open up the sound that tad more but at the expense of some warmth

When I tried spinfits on IT01 they seemed to narrow the soundstage and increase the treble more so than the small bore stock tips. It was a terrible experience as soundstage reached critical low levels, and sibilance was almost there. This same "accentuated V" effect of the spinfits happened on the KZ5v2 and that was a huge nonononono (they ended up on a small bore tip IEM00 that lacked bass).

I would definitely recommend wide bore on IT01. Bass rumbles and the rest isn't bothered

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #1,972 of 3,079
I just notice that IT01 have an issue on driver flex, when i put it on my ears there's a sound like a vacuum and also when i press it that sound is audible. I'm a little bit sensitive in driver flex problem. I hope Ibasso will fix this problem

I just got mine yesterday and noticed that too with the silicone tips, the included large foam tips fix that issue for me.

IT01 sound great too with no burn-in, can they really get any better after 200+ hours. :)

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #1,973 of 3,079
In my experience, driver flex problems are exacerbated when using soft silicone tips. Their back and forth flexing due to their softness providing an almost effortless seal causes the severe driver flex. Although inserting slowly and whule tugging on your ears to straighten your canal helps, you must he meticulously patient in putting them in whucu quite frankly, I can't always rember to go slow. I just wanna jam it in. "Just the tip.." Lmao

This is remedied by using foam tips (ugh, they absorb our natural oils) or silicone tips of a more rigid, stiffer material like the JVC Spiral Dots.

I must mention that my Medium sized spiral dots are far stiffer than my recently acquired MEDIUM-LARGE Spirals. Not sure if I got a fake set of ML from Amazon or if JVC changed their formula for this size of silicone. It seals phenomenally, but doesn't do as good of a job at preventing driver flex due to how much softer they are compared to the size M's.

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,974 of 3,079
late, but better than never. I dont understand how Kef thought it was a good idea to design very thick nozzles, perhaps they only tried them on just one very tall person before going to production :)

ibasso_kef.jpg
Ahh, thank you:arrow_forward:

May 1, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,979 of 3,079
Hi guys, will the spiral dots fit in this IEM?

also, a bit of my impressions
I really like this IEM for the details.. like, I have listened the same playlist for 4 years so I think I knew all the songs, yet this IEM keep showing me details that I've never heard before.. Amazing.

That being said, having been accustomed to ATH-IM70, the bass in IT01 definitely feels more loose.
The details in the bass (sub-bass, I guess) that is clearly pronounced in IM70 sounds both loose and weak in IT01.
Also the vocal sounds too thin, a bit too far away; so it feels less organic (especially male vocals).

But again, IT01 will destroy IM70 in the upper mids and the highs. So it's like a trade-off, really.

p.s. im not really expert in the terminology, so I hope what i describe above makes sense :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,980 of 3,079
Hi guys, will the spiral dots fit in this IEM?

also, a bit of my impressions
I really like this IEM for the details.. like, I have listened the same playlist for 4 years so I think I knew all the songs, yet this IEM keep showing me details that I've never heard before.. Amazing.

That being said, having been accustomed to ATH-IM70, the bass in IT01 definitely feels more loose.
The details in the bass (sub-bass, I guess) that is clearly pronounced in IM70 sounds both loose and weak in IT01.
Also the vocal sounds too thin, a bit too far away; so it feels less organic (especially male vocals).

But again, IT01 will destroy IM70 in the upper mids and the highs. So it's like a trade-off, really.

p.s. im not really expert in the terminology, so I hope what i describe above makes sense :ksc75smile:

The IT01 are much less expensive also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back