iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #886 of 3,079
Try to judge the signature you prefer, what type of signature are you after?

Well, I listen to bass heavy music generally such as hip hop (underground), funk/soul (also the 60's/70's stuff), alternative R&B, reggae but also some classic rock. So bass is definitely important and my ears are sensitive to sibilance. Basically 90% of my music is vocal with the odd instrumental project thrown in and therefore mids cannot be too recessed. Good fit and isolation are also preferred as the earphones will be used during commute and for longer listening sessions. Luckily my ear canals are a little bigger so I usually don't have many issues with larger earphones or using bigger sized types to get a seal.

My go to pairs are generally Yamaha eph-100 and the Alpha & Delta AD01. So I guess I'm looking for something with a not too dissimilar general tonality, but obviously something that might sound like a bit of an upgrade as well. I have the Rock it sounds R50 for example which is a dual BA set, but those are too bright for me in terms of lack of lower end.

My source is a smartphone btw most of the time.

Thanks for any possible suggestion!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #887 of 3,079
Well, I listen to bass heavy music generally such as hip hop (underground), funk/soul (also the 60's/70's stuff), alternative R&B, reggae but also some classic rock. So bass is definitely important and my ears are sensitive to sibilance. Basically 90% of my music is vocal with the odd instrumental project thrown in and therefore mids cannot be too recessed. Good fit and isolation are also preferred as the earphones will be used during commute and for longer listening sessions. Luckily my ear canals are a little bigger so I usually don't have many issues with larger earphones or using bigger sized types to get a seal.

My go to pairs are generally Yamaha eph-100 and the Alpha & Delta AD01. So I guess I'm looking for something with a not too dissimilar general tonality, but obviously something that might sound like a bit of an upgrade as well. I have the Rock it sounds R50 for example which is a dual BA set, but those are too bright for me in terms of lack of lower end.

My source is a smartphone btw most of the time.

Thanks for any possible suggestion!

IT01 or F9Pro should do the job fairly well. (have not heard FH1 form FiiO)

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #888 of 3,079
As far as I can tell, the FH1 is a little similar to the F9 but bassier and with less of a treble peak. Seems like they can be placed between the F9 and F9 pro (neither of which I have heard).

What keeps bringing me back to the Ibasso is the fact that every review basically makes a point of saying that they are something special. On the other hand I've seen people in this thread having troubles with fit and getting a seal and therefore not being able to fully enjoy the sound.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #889 of 3,079
As far as I can tell, the FH1 is a little similar to the F9 but bassier and with less of a treble peak. Seems like they can be placed between the F9 and F9 pro (neither of which I have heard).

What keeps bringing me back to the Ibasso is the fact that every review basically makes a point of saying that they are something special. On the other hand I've seen people in this thread having troubles with fit and getting a seal and therefore not being able to fully enjoy the sound.

IT01 is quite special actually

I haven't had any issue with the fit, they aren't too large, nor have any issues. The only thing is that you have to not cover the vent ports so there won't be any driver flex.

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #894 of 3,079
Thanks for the explanations about the configurations :)

I should receive the FH1 by the end of the week / beginning of next one (ordered a month ago from AMP3UK but lots of delays...).

Will do the best I can to write a decent comparison - I'm still a nob but I've listened to quite a few Iems.

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #896 of 3,079

I should receive the FH1 by the end of the week / beginning of next one (ordered a month ago from AMP3UK but lots of delays...).

Will do the best I can to write a decent comparison - I'm still a nob but I've listened to quite a few Iems.

Really looking forward to your comparison. I will hold off on buying until then ... if I can

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #898 of 3,079

No need to talk so negatively about yourself :grin:

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #899 of 3,079
Just got my pair and am listening out of the box. And they already sound better than any other iems I've heard. Really, they sound better than most over ears I have. Just amazing how full and rich they are.

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #900 of 3,079
Just got my pair and am listening out of the box. And they already sound better than any other iems I've heard. Really, they sound better than most over ears I have. Just amazing how full and rich they are.

You seem to have LCD2, HD650, and TH900, which are all quite good though.

It is quite nice to see that you're having so much fun with IT01!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back