iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #917 of 3,079
It's been a while since I posted, just wanted to say that to me it seems like these have a very long burn in. I stopped counting after 100 hours so don't really know how many hours I have on mine now but the initial V shaped sound tends to even out the more you listen to them. Mids open up after (I believe) 200 hours plus, the sound is now pleasantly thick and just slightly V shaped.
Bassheads don't get me wrong, bass is here to stay, still deep, thunderous and very detailed.
However, bass & treble seem to reach their potential first at about 100 hours, but the mids need much longer to open up.

For my sanity's sake I'm afraid to make the comparison with the extremely more expensive LCD3's I have but these have some of the precision and detail retrieval I only heard in LCD3. Is it just me, have any of you guys noticed this?

If anything, what hurts the IT01 is the abysmally low price. I have friends that don't have anywhere to listen to them and are "afraid" to order thinking they can't sound very good at $100. I can't stress enough, there's something very special about the IT01.. any of you guys have technical knowledge, what makes them sound so good? Is it the graphene driver? Resonators? Can't be the tuning alone, this level of details can't just be tuned in.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #919 of 3,079
Just received the FH1.

They seem nice, but as far as I can tell they don't do anything better than the IT01.
I'm missing some treble and sense of space and not getting anything in return.

Obviously still early for a definite judgement, but IMO if it's FH1 vs IT01 is a no contest. Even if you're unsure, then there's the cable to seal the deal (listening with the same Spin-Fit S).

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #921 of 3,079
Jan 26, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #922 of 3,079
It's been a while since I posted, just wanted to say that to me it seems like these have a very long burn in. I stopped counting after 100 hours so don't really know how many hours I have on mine now but the initial V shaped sound tends to even out the more you listen to them. Mids open up after (I believe) 200 hours plus, the sound is now pleasantly thick and just slightly V shaped.
Bassheads don't get me wrong, bass is here to stay, still deep, thunderous and very detailed.
However, bass & treble seem to reach their potential first at about 100 hours, but the mids need much longer to open up.

For my sanity's sake I'm afraid to make the comparison with the extremely more expensive LCD3's I have but these have some of the precision and detail retrieval I only heard in LCD3. Is it just me, have any of you guys noticed this?

If anything, what hurts the IT01 is the abysmally low price. I have friends that don't have anywhere to listen to them and are "afraid" to order thinking they can't sound very good at $100. I can't stress enough, there's something very special about the IT01.. any of you guys have technical knowledge, what makes them sound so good? Is it the graphene driver? Resonators? Can't be the tuning alone, this level of details can't just be tuned in.

You are spot on with my experience with these awesome IEMs and they are special. Dynamic, spacious, thick and warm while still being revealing and extremely detailed, airy and crisp but never exhibiting any sibilance whatsoever. That a single dynamic driver sounds this good for any price is amazing to me let alone for $100.00 with this cable.

I would like to know what it would cost to get a pair of speakers and components that could give me this sound out of my home stereo?

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #923 of 3,079
I have been listening the IT01 a lot. So, while we wait for news on the IT04, I went back to listen the IT03 (which hasn't seen much attention lately). Just wanted to say what a great piece that is. Really liking Ibasso's signature. Can't wait to see what the 04 while bring on. If the progression holds true from the 01 to the 03, the 04 should be a very nice piece indeed.

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #924 of 3,079
I have been listening the IT01 a lot. So, while we wait for news on the IT04, I went back to listen the IT03 (which hasn't seen much attention lately). Just wanted to say what a great piece that is. Really liking Ibasso's signature. Can't wait to see what the 04 while bring on. If the progression holds true from the 01 to the 03, the 04 should be a very nice piece indeed.

I can't praise the IT01 enough after thoroughly A/Bing my sub 20 IEMs. I'm surprised that the KZ5 has such a wide soundstage for the price, that the Swing IE800 has nice layering and subbass ( that only the KZ3 cares about), that my vivo XE800 has nice treble clarity, and that my newest addition, the monk+ has some magic going on that's hard to explain because even though the mid & high range sounds slightly muffled it still sounds coherent. All in all, the IT01 puts all these together and brings all sorts of music together and seperates them clearly while having an anti-sibilance magic going on. (not scientiic I know.)

As someone who had my doubts on going up to the 100eu range, and hesitated loooooooongly between the TKZ king, pioneer CH9T, Toneking nine kings, Moni One, Fiio F9 and whatnot, I'm a happy camper and am treating these like babies.

The KZ5 still joins me in the tube, as I wouldn't mind breaking them (lost a pair already!) and I found out that soundstage is really important to me. But it turns out that I'm not THAT fussy!

Now, back to my IT01 time :k701smile:

Not much of a fan of the IT04 looks though...just an opinion that needs to be stated as some brands make drastic changes like this. Perhaps, they'll offer a black version or something.. Too much bling for me!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #925 of 3,079
I am also waiting for IT04 but don't know why iBasso never share any information/updates ,

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #927 of 3,079
Does anyone here have both the IT01 and the GR07 (or GR07 Bass Edition)? How would you compare the two?

I would say the GR07BE it's tuned more neutral than IT01. Compared to IT01, GR07BE have less both sub and mid bass and treble have a slightly less sparkle but the mids are more upfront and defined.

Currently using stock IT01 cable on GR07BE (improves the secure fit a lot for me) and CB12 cable on IT03.

IMG_20180127_150909703.jpg

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #929 of 3,079
I am also waiting for IT04 but don't know why iBasso never share any information/updates ,

I don't know why you keep saying this. Paul has stated news is coming soon. Why do you need more than that? Is there something wrong with you, that you cannot be patient?

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #930 of 3,079
I would say the GR07BE it's tuned more neutral than IT01. Compared to IT01, GR07BE have less both sub and mid bass and treble have a slightly less sparkle but the mids are more upfront and defined.

Currently using stock IT01 cable on GR07BE (improves the secure fit a lot for me) and CB12 cable on IT03.

Looking at all of the copper in the IT01s gorgeous cable next to the awesomely reviewed CB12 balanced cable confirms to me that I'll be buying a second backup pair of IT01s and re terminating it's cable with a 2.5mm interconnect when I pickup a DAP with balanced output. Have to thank you again Paul for offering us such an amazing audiophile setup for an affordable price. I'm enjoying the music, thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back