1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. JKDJedi
    Try em all, different strokes for different folks, congrats dude!

2. twister6 Contributor
  3. Lurker0
    This is marketing statement which is, generally speaking, is not true. The truth is: currently, Android sound related API supports only the following formats: PCM 8bit, PCM 16 bit, PCM 32 bit float. So, without additional, non-standard, efforts in each and every particular application, bit perfect playback of PCM 24/32 bit integer samples is not possible. Same with DSD.

From this point of view, DX200 has extended Android's API as well, and, unlike R6, there is at least one 3rd party app (Neutron) that is able to bit perfect playback of PCM up to 32/384 and DSD up to DSD512. With a custom firmware, even more apps can do it. Now give me a proof that a 3rd party app can do the same on R6 or anything else :wink:

I'd restrict the statement regarding R6 to Redbook (16/44.1) format only, but even then it depends on the particular app, whether it is able to pass bit perfect stream at all. If there is no such an app for R6, the developer's efforts are useless. We buy devices to listen particular music in particular apps, not to read specs bs, don't we?

4. denis1976
    Hello, congrats for another great review Twister6 , the thing i notice with my sp1000 cu is that the sound is organic, i don't know if is influence of the great Ultima or is the use of the Spinfits, the sound is thick and nothing of thin in it...

scotvl likes this.
  5. twister6 Contributor
    It's not exactly thin, I'm referring to mids as thinner relative to other fuller body warmer tuned iems. It's a part of a relative comparison and your perception of the sound. As long as you enjoying it, that is all that matters! IT01 are very detailed and quite revealing, but I found they have more focus on bass and treble, rather than mids, thus my reference to v-shaped tuned sound. Pure quality under $100.

scotvl, denis1976 and HiFiChris like this.
  6. Dobrescu George
    Single flanged SpinFit works best for me with IT01 :dt880smile:

jaxz likes this.
  7. fuhransahis
    I'm not sure I fully understand the specifics of your argument (just not as familiar with the terminology as you are by a huge margin), but if I understand correctly at all, then it seems like a huge mislead on Hiby's end, as they do seem to imply bit perfect streaming, or at least most of the audience (or maybe just me lol) took it that way. Even some reviewers have repeated that idea on their respective sites. It'd be a shame and kind of a useless statement if it can't do bit perfect without a specific third party app, assuming Tidal and Spotify can't do bit perfect.

But to remain on topic, it's all the more reason to continue to vouch for the DX200 for the IT01. Though at 9x its price point it might be overkill if it's the only IEM/ headphone one would use with it.

8. Lurker0
    This is what my last statement was about: both Tidal and Spotify are mostly restricted to 16/44, and may play this format bit perfect. The question whether they do it actually is still opened.

9. Ahmad313
  10. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Screenshot_20180112-081850.png Screenshot_20180112-081858.png Screenshot_20180112-081910.png

:sunglasses:

11. Lurker0
    OK, Neutron, of course, is an example, but it works the same way on many DAPs and smartphones. So nothing special regarding R6, especially considering that it worked such a way on DX200 way before R6 was even announced :wink:

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. Paul - iBasso
    We have also worked directly with Neutron to customize the software to the DX200.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  13. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Did you see the second video?

14. Lurker0
    Yes, but, frankly, I don't understand the meaning... I answered the following statement: "since it is the only Android device I know of that bypasses Android sound sampling entirely, so that it always plays bit perfect." And, regardless of your examples, I still can't believe it's true, because I use DX200 to play hi-res and DSD bit perfect since April, 2017. You know it as well, because HibyMusic does it on DX200 just fine and was the first in the line :wink:

If R6 is one more device with a special API which is already used by some developers, than I have no objection :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    The whole point is the R6 does NOT require a special API to play bit perfect. Or did you think MusixMatch and SoundCloud ever talked with us about it? Really?

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last