iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #766 of 3,079
Thanks for your reply @george ....
The IT01s are £40 cheaper here so if they are of similar quality, cheaper option wins out i think.....might just wait for the next 15% off on Amp3 though as i love a discount
upload_2018-1-10_15-48-49.png

Code AMP312 gives a decent discount.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #768 of 3,079
They even out the midbass, I think that out of the box there was a bit much mid-bass, but it settles down a bit after burn-in.

I can also confirm that at around 50hrs of burn-in (luckily for my sound signature) the midbass settles down and doesn't ruin my non-R&B/Hip Hop tracks.
Also I find them quite versatile in different genres, and I am impressed on how clear and engaging they sound in acoustic songs, I was afraid that the voices will be affected and sound a bit "hollow" but instead they keep their prominence and you can feel involved to the whole experience.
Still burning them in (slowly)

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #769 of 3,079
Is it possible the IT01 has less bass after burn-in? After about 50+ hours of playing both pink noise as well as just regular music material, their bass response seems to have greatly diminished. But it may be just my ears playing tricks on me...
But i like bass... :frowning2:

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #771 of 3,079
I do, too, so I'm a bit disappointed by this.
They get more even sounding but all you have to do is change tips to get more bass. A simple fix if you really want heavier bass. Just experiment.

Jan 10, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #772 of 3,079
Jan 10, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #776 of 3,079
I've had my iBasso IT01 and Massdrop Pinnacle PX for about a month now. I've listened to both of them for quite a while now. And I'm glad my initial impressions have changed a lot after extensive hearing.
The IT01 has been heard with spinfits, stock tips, Comply and Trinity Komby tips. They all vary the sound by a margin. And on the subject of driver flex, thankfully I've not been able to have any problems with it since I contacted Paul initially about IT01 and he always has been very responsive to questions in my opinion. I've been pairing it with DX80 and it sounds really really natural to me.
My initial impressions were that the vocals for me were too "unnatural" for me. But I was coming from a pair of AKG K240 MKll headphones which provide the most neutral signature for me. In time I'd say the signature of IT01 has had enough time with me to understand how this earphone really represents music. And I've grown to enjoy that. I love it more than the PX mostly because how well IT01 sounds with the smartphone as well. For someone who listens to music podcasts regularly, this is brilliant too.
A question for the ones who've been listening to IT01 balanced and have found to receive a better sound from balanced output, what source or player are you using for using the balanced output?
I've always wondered if balanced output actually gives any noticeable improvement in sound?

Absolutely gives a noticable improvement to the sound. I am using this cable here.
HTB1gifpmPuhSKJjSspdq6A11XXaw.jpg

Bought on Aliexpress. These cost $30. I have a pono with adapter I can use this cable on. Shanling M3s, Fiio X5iii and any one of my other daps I got connected to my IBasso PB3 in balanced. Sounds amazing in balanced. Highly recommended.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #778 of 3,079
Still haven't burned them in yet but now considering leaving it if the bass reduces by a considerable amount?
I'm about a hundred hours in and the bass is still there and digs deep with great impact and control, it's the mid bass that has settled down which is a good thing because the mids are right where they need to be now. Imho.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #780 of 3,079
They sound better to me after burn in, the bass OOTB is boomy and tends to shadow the mids. It's just the boominess that goes away with burn in, it still digs deep, just more refined.
You can try different tips if you really want more bass.

I agree with this, I don't think they lose the good bass, only what was a bit too much in the mid bass, but after proper burn-in the bass is really sweet and settles in quite nicely, to something I can call a high-quality bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back