1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!

First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. stryed
    You could, but I think it's best to use your warranty instead if you are dealing with a defective ear piece. :frowning2:

2. JKDJedi
    0109181211.jpg Just in! Looks like they added an xtra carrying case w/ xtra tips. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    HiFiChris, scotvl and stryed like this.
  3. stryed
    How do the tips look like?

4. JKDJedi
    Ill post pics when I get home, was on my lunch. So tempted to try them at work but they have a no headphone policy here.. :frowning2: #blasphemy

5. ivo001
    I use Poweramp on my android phone. You can adjust left/right balance with it, and then up the volume a bit.

JKDJedi likes this.
  6. griff06
    Does anyone have the Fiio F9 Pro? Thinking of pulling the trigger on these (IT01)but just wanted to know if there are comparisons with these two. Be a good challange from what i read about them

stryed likes this.
  7. Dobrescu George
    They have different signatures, F9Pro is a bit more V-shaped to my ears. Both are awesome, I use both quite a lot!

8. griff06
    Thanks for replying @Dobrescu George ,
    Can you elaborate at all? Which one has more bass or recessed/forward mids, or indeed, how does the treble compare or the soundstage?
    Sorry for all the questions. I dont have the money to buy both so i want to make the right choice.
    Many thanks

stryed and Dobrescu George like this.
  9. Dobrescu George
    Sorry, I haven;t done enough side by side comparisons so far to say for sure, but my preliminary thoughts are that IT01 has more midbass emphasis, while F9Pro has the entire bass energized, the midrage is slighly more recessed on F9, and the treble is smoother on IT01, with F9 having a bit more sparkle and peakiness in the higher registers.

Both are quite comfortable.

Both have amazing resolution and detail retrieval.

I'd trust both to last a good while.

The default cable on IT01 looks more sturdy, is thicker, while F9Pro comes with two cables, one of which is balanced.

The carry boxes of both are quite excellent.

Hard to pick between the two, as I've been using both quite a lot!

What type of music are you listening to? What are your needs?

@twister6 maybe Alex can help shed some light on this?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    HiFiChris and JKDJedi like this.
  10. JKDJedi
    Just got home and did a quick UNBOXING.. and listening to them as I type this.. :) not gonna do any detailed "how they sound" but I will say this... NICE (NOT V SHAPED).

Not sure if these are xtra tips or what, they didn't come in the box , so maybe they are..thanks PenonAudio.
    2018-01-09 17.11.58.jpg

Instructions!

2018-01-09 17.13.52.jpg

Nicely Packaged :)
    2018-01-09 17.14.03.jpg

Pretty in BLACK

2018-01-09 17.15.53.jpg

My Lord..that cable...SEXY

2018-01-09 17.16.05.jpg

gang of tips to choose from

2018-01-09 17.20.36.jpg

Two of the tips are foam, with a hard plastic tube...wonder how these sound?

2018-01-09 17.20.57.jpg

11. griff06
    Thanks for your reply @george ....
    The IT01s are £40 cheaper here so if they are of similar quality, cheaper option wins out i think.....might just wait for the next 15% off on Amp3 though as i love a discount

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. dbaker1981
    Well I’ve been bouncing back and forth between these and the F9 pro’s. To me they remind me of the it01’s are like my Sennheiser HD600’s and the pro’s are like Grado’s I truly enjoy both and I think there more a compliment to each other that direct competition. As always this is my opinion and yours may vary.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  13. Dobrescu George
    Even if they were at exactly the same price, it'd still be a tight decision to make, since the signatures are quite different and you'll really be into either signatures.

Just to mention this, both perform waaay above the price point, each has a ~300$ package, resolution and detail retrieval, or even better, and either is an excellent deal.

Kinda agreed, to some extent. IT01 has considerably more bass than HD600, while F9Pro has considerably more bass than the average Grado, but this describes the midrage and treble of each well.

14. Pete7874
    Is it possible the IT01 has less bass after burn-in? After about 50+ hours of playing both pink noise as well as just regular music material, their bass response seems to have greatly diminished. But it may be just my ears playing tricks on me...

15. Dobrescu George
    They even out the midbass, I think that out of the box there was a bit much mid-bass, but it settles down a bit after burn-in.

PlantsmanTX and scotvl like this.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last