iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #783 of 3,079
Thanks guys for the suggestions posted here.. went with the smallest tips (and yes..wow, bass is back, to more of my liking..who knew!) Jamn to "Get Free" by MAjor Lazer..... And they're more comfortable, for now, than the foam tips , (small ear canal?) ...on 25 hours burn in and DUDE! the resolution on these (compared to my NArmoo) ARE Off The ShizNit Charts!

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #785 of 3,079
Thanks guys for the suggestions posted here.. went with the smallest tips (and yes..wow, bass is back, to more of my liking..who knew!) Jamn to "Get Free" by MAjor Lazer..... And they're more comfortable, for now, than the foam tips , (small ear canal?) ...on 25 hours burn in and DUDE! the resolution on these (compared to my NArmoo) ARE Off The ShizNit Charts!

I keep trying to say this, the resolution is really really high.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #786 of 3,079
I keep trying to say this, the resolution is really really high.
Yes they have layers of delicate details, last week laying in the dark I was listening to Supertramps Crime of the Century album and after the intro I could sense the singer come towards the mic and hear him breath in faintly and his clothes rustle a few seconds before he started to sing. It was so faint that I got a bit of the chills hearing such delicate details that I continued to listen to the whole album with a grin on my face which is something I don't normally do. This was on my FiiO x3ii not the best resolving DAP in the world. These IEMs have pushed me to look for a more resolving mid tiered DAP that I can afford so the search is on.

I have to thank Paul and Ibasso for making such a great IEM and including an awesome cable to give me a nudge up the audiophile ladder.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #787 of 3,079
Yes they have layers of delicate details, last week laying in the dark I was listening to Supertramps Crime of the Century album and after the intro I could sense the singer come towards the mic and hear him breath in faintly and his clothes rustle a few seconds before he started to sing. It was so faint that and I got a bit of the chills hearing such delicate details that I continued to listen to the whole album with a grin on my face which is something I don't normally do. This was on my FiiO x3ii not the best resolving DAP in the world. These IEMs have pushed me to look for a more resolving mid tiered DAP that I can afford so the search is on.

I have to thank Paul and Ibasso for making such a great IEM and including an awesome cable to give me a nudge up the audiophile ladder.
Cayin N5 ii seems to be the one to get at the moment (mid-tier... higher price, definitely DX200)

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #788 of 3,079
Cayin N5 ii seems to be the one to get at the moment (mid-tier... higher price, definitely DX200)
Yeah I've got my eyes on it currently and the hiby r6 also but I'm waiting for more reviews to flesh them out. The r6 has some amazing specs but I don't want to play games or videos on my DAP just listen to music and I think I trust Cayin more than hiby from a hardware perspective and the r6 is close to the price of the higher tier DAPs. I would like to know if Ibasso is working on a new mid tier android DAP before I pull the trigger on anything though........

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #789 of 3,079
If I had money I would get the Cayin N5II.

At the moment I only have $ 280 and I pulled the trigger for the Shanling M3s

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #791 of 3,079
Jan 11, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #792 of 3,079
Yeah I've got my eyes on it currently and the hiby r6 also but I'm waiting for more reviews to flesh them out. The r6 has some amazing specs but I don't want to play games or videos on my DAP just listen to music and I think I trust Cayin more than hiby from a hardware perspective and the r6 is close to the price of the higher tier DAPs. I would like to know if Ibasso is working on a new mid tier android DAP before I pull the trigger on anything though........
DX200 is by far the best value at its price. The R6 sounds pretty awesome too, especially for those who stream, since it is the only Android device I know of that bypasses Android sound sampling entirely, so that it always plays bit perfect. But even with that the DX200 reportedly outperforms it, and is not far off in price, so it's not worth the compromise. Plus it's more powerful and versatile with various Amp modules.

So if you're really going mid tier then you should be a ways off from the $1k price, and the new Cayin N5ii sounds like the one to beat at price/performance at its respective range. As for a mid-tier iBasso DAP, isn't that the DX80?

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #793 of 3,079
DX200 is by far the best value at its price. The R6 sounds pretty awesome too, especially for those who stream, since it is the only Android device I know of that bypasses Android sound sampling entirely, so that it always plays bit perfect. But even with that the DX200 reportedly outperforms it, and is not far off in price, so it's not worth the compromise. Plus it's more powerful and versatile with various Amp modules.

So if you're really going mid tier then you should be a ways off from the $1k price, and the new Cayin N5ii sounds like the one to beat at price/performance at its respective range. As for a mid-tier iBasso DAP, isn't that the DX80?
Your comment is spot on with my thoughts and I will probably be picking up the cayin but I'm a month or two from pulling the trigger. If Ibasso is coming out with a new mid tier DAP that I can save and play Spotify and tidal with I will probably hold off on until then. I've always preferred to listen to music off of my SD card but I have recently been listening to Spotify on the extreme quality setting and it's not bad on my note 4 but I want to be able to listen to it with the quality of a DAP with their superior DAC and amplification. Spotify is a great way to find new music without purchasing it up front and a great way to hear the songs that reviewer's include in their reviews.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #795 of 3,079
ok so I just received mine from Penon last night. WOW, coming from just a KZ ZST I do not have words to describe how good this little guy sounds!

side question - which spinfit tip works best with IT01? there are 2 IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back