iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #2,731 of 3,079
Ibasso is Chi-fi too.
I Kno` :wink:
OK, glad you enjoy your IT01 mate. (I could argue with almost every bit you wrote but I just can't be bothered. :L3000:)
I`m not here to argue. All You and some others said about other better options vs. IT01 is probably true. I was trying to explain why IT01 is popular and praised.
It is in the end subjective and depends on lot of factors. I didn`t mean to hype IT01 if You took it that way.
Btw, I would probably try Anew U1 if I didn`t have IT01(modded). But then again, after reading impressions about U1, some say other chi-fi`s beat it... so... it`s still subjective, depends on gear ppl using etc.

But about cable... please "argue" :wink: I want to know what You have to say about it (only cable quality, not subjective comfort, braiding strenght, looks etc.)
The IT01 is very good, in general, and extremely good, for its price, but it's not without its flaws -- and given the pace of product development in the chifi IEM market, it doesn't seem like an outlandish proposition that something new might be a bit better at the same price point. It also doesn't seem like something to get heated about, either way. : )

All of which is not to mention that preferences are subjective and everybody's ears are physically different...
+1

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #2,732 of 3,079
But about cable... please "argue" :wink: I want to know what You have to say about it (only cable quality, not subjective comfort, braiding strenght, looks etc.)

I haven't anything more to say about the cable. I said, if true, the specs are excellent. All I can add is that the specs are on Penon's 9T (9way) page and that both Penon and Toneking are reputable companies too, so who knows, maybe they are not lying??? I don't really care whether it's 5N, 6N, 7N, OFC, single crystal or not at the end of the day. All I know for sure is that it's certainly good enough and that it's my preferred cable. Happy? :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,733 of 3,079
I also don`t care about 7N, core count, OFC etc. ...as long as it measures great.

everybody`s happy! :ksc75smile:

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #2,736 of 3,079
Does the it01 cable turns green after time?

Don't even put that thought in my mind! :) I thought it was only the white color cables I have to worry about. I wonder if all of those eventually turn.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,737 of 3,079
I'd say they are fairly good for this. Since they have no driver flex and they have some warm and bassy sound, they work well with doing exercise :)
Actually they do have some driver flex issues, just search for "driver flex" in this forum and you see what i mean :) But to me the trick is to hold it inserted in your ear canal and slowly start releasing the pressure off the iem, that way the air sucks back internally at a slow rate and driver flex won't happen, at least for me. Worth mentioning this problem is only on my right channel, the left can be inserted carelessly and wont sufer from driver flex. Also some users have reported driver flex with just head movement and minimal contact with the IEM, not with mine, once inserted the way I do it the problem don't emerge while in use.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,738 of 3,079
Hi @grkn,

Pairing the IT 01 & Shure BT cable works extremely well & excellent for sports use.
Water & sweat resistant, 20 mins charge gives 2 hours while 2 hour charges gives 8 hours.
Have been using this for exercise already & like with stock cable, don't notice it's there.

Have not tried the Earsound cable as don't have access to one either so can't comment.

Hope this works for you, be interested to know how you go.
this type of product seems very interesting, I was not aware we already have wireless BT cables with mmcx connectors, I also found some from westone and other chi-fi brands, curious about what model will pair better with the sound signature of the it01's.

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,739 of 3,079
Anyone got any good EQ they like with these? I'm using PEACE and Equalizer APO.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #2,740 of 3,079
I have owned those recently, has bought blindly from Penon Audio to compliment my new DX120, and actually I don't see what to equalize here. One of the best iems I owned, and I have had iems 15 times more expensive, such as Roxanne II.

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,741 of 3,079
I have owned those recently, has bought blindly from Penon Audio to compliment my new DX120, and actually I don't see what to equalize here. One of the best iems I owned, and I have had iems 15 times more expensive, such as Roxanne II.

Wow, mine are coming tomorrow and now I'm even more excited!

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,742 of 3,079
Wow, mine are coming tomorrow and now I'm even more excited!

I am positive you will like them. They surely have that wow effect however they are quite balanced for me, despite of slight v-shape. By the way, I don't know whether it is dx120 specific or not but in my case they definitely win by being used from balanced output, so if you have balanced mmcx cable and capable dap give it a shot. Hard to go back

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #2,743 of 3,079
I am positive you will like them. They surely have that wow effect however they are quite balanced for me, despite of slight v-shape. By the way, I don't know whether it is dx120 specific or not but in my case they definitely win by being used from balanced output, so if you have balanced mmcx cable and capable dap give it a shot. Hard to go back

I'll be using them with a Magni 3 and Topping D10 when at home, and out and about with a LG V20. Was just planning to use the included cable since I've heard it's very good?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #2,744 of 3,079
Does anyone know if trn bt3 bluetooth cable (mmcx) works with it01?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back