iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #256 of 3,079
I received these a few days ago and have been listening to them since...must be the best bargain in IEMs right now. Build quality is excellent and sound is superb. This has me very excited about the future of graphene as a diaphragm material!

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #260 of 3,079
someone told me this is as good or better than the ie80 and will complement my ie800, is that the case? i'm looking for in-ear with great bass for commuting when listening to rnb and hip hop songs thanks

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #261 of 3,079
someone told me this is as good or better than the ie80 and will complement my ie800, is that the case? i'm looking for in-ear with great bass for commuting when listening to rnb and hip hop songs thanks

I got both ie80 and ie800, so I might be able to compare :darthsmile:

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #262 of 3,079
I just saw that my IT01 was delivered and sitting in the mailbox waiting for me. Can't wait to get home to try it...I was listening to the IT03 all weekend to get a baseline and see if I can discern the differences. I'll post some impressions from open box and then after as they burn in for a while...

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #264 of 3,079
I think Paul suggested 120 hours?

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #266 of 3,079
All I can say yet ....

WELL DONE iBASSO!!!

Got my in black today and even they are not fully burn in yet, sound is truly great and when I do compare IT01 to other much more expensive earphones I have, I simply can not see same gap in sound as is in price. Comfort is great as well.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #267 of 3,079
All I can say yet ....

WELL DONE iBASSO!!!

Got my in black today and even they are not fully burn in yet, sound is truly great and when I do compare IT01 to other much more expensive earphones I have, I simply can not see same gap in sound as is in price. Comfort is great as well.

Stop it, you're making me giddy. Mine arrive tomorrow.

Sounds like (pun intended) iBasso is on their way to total market domination. Looking forward to IT04!

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #268 of 3,079
Sorry, can not help my self :)

They are really phenomenal. I do listen now with my Benjie S5 and I can not stop smile. Earphones and player for about 130USD in total and so much joy of it.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #269 of 3,079
Have you ever seen a negative initial review on Head-Fi in regards to new products? If so, please link me because personally in my 8 years here, I have not. There's always a flavor of the month effect when a reputable company launches something.

Well, for my part, I returned my IT01 today. Main reason was that I received a plasticky looking red/blue pair instead of the black one I had ordered. But of course I also listened to them... and that was the second reason for my decision to return them. I personally think they're decent sounding, but not better than the TFZ Exclusive 5 and Maxell GD200 I own. Which makes them somewhat redundant for me.

Interestingly, all graphene IEMs I've heard so far have been distinctly v-shaped. And while I like the technical prowess of these drivers, I wished that someone would come up with a better balanced stock tuning. Until then, the BW-ES1 will likely remain my graphene favorites... not because they have the best stock sound, but because they have the best price-to-performance ratio and modding potential.

As it stands, I prefer my modded BW-ES1 over the stock sound of all graphene driver IEMs I've heard so far, including the IT01. That's not to say that I think the IT01 are bad, they're not. Just not the step up in graphene driver sound I've been looking for.

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #270 of 3,079
Well, for my part, I returned my IT01 today. Main reason was that I received a plasticky looking red/blue pair instead of the black one I had ordered. But of course I also listened to them... and that was the second reason for my decision to return them. I personally think they're decent sounding, but not better than the TFZ Exclusive 5 and Maxell GD200 I own. Which makes them somewhat redundant for me.

Interestingly, all graphene IEMs I've heard so far have been distinctly v-shaped. And while I like the technical prowess of these drivers, I wished that someone would come up with a better balanced stock tuning. Until then, the BW-ES1 will likely remain my graphene favorites... not because they have the best stock sound, but because they have the best price-to-performance ratio and modding potential.

As it stands, I prefer my modded BW-ES1 over the stock sound of all graphene driver IEMs I've heard so far, including the IT01. That's not to say that I think the IT01 are bad, they're not. Just not the step up in graphene driver sound I've been looking for.
You gave them no time to burn in. I am not talking about getting used to the sound but allowing the drivers to limber up etc. They need some time and they sound great but out of the box, for me, I did not like them. Too bad you didn't get the color you like and that you didn't give them some time as they are spectacular especially at the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back