iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jul 13, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,416 of 3,079
Also, I will take my word back on massdrop, as some nice lady has provided me exceptional customer service by giving me a full refund whilst letting me keep my ostrys that cost me a total of £75. Initially, I wanted to return them for a it01 but they never replied and I got fed up and paid the custom fees which I also was completely unaware of. It shows, that they are really genuine after all, so just wanted to clear that up incase people got put off. Extremely buzzing right now!!!

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #2,417 of 3,079
Also, I will take my word back on massdrop, as some nice lady has provided me exceptional customer service by giving me a full refund whilst letting me keep my ostrys that cost me a total of £75. Initially, I wanted to return them for a it01 but they never replied and I got fed up and paid the custom fees which I also was completely unaware of. It shows, that they are really genuine after all, so just wanted to clear that up incase people got put off. Extremely buzzing right now!!!

Good to hear! Thanks for taking the time to provide the update. :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2,420 of 3,079
I've tried 2 different pairs and both had pretty bad driver flex. Other people complained about it too so it's normal. Just insert them slowly and remember not to pop them out of your ears fast either, I've destroyed a driver doing that.

Are most IEM like that?

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #2,421 of 3,079
Is it normal to get a crackling noise when inserting into your ear?

Sounds like you're experiencing some driver flex. I get that as well with the IT01's at times. You can try changing the initial angle when you insert them, insert them slowly (and remove them slowly), or even open your jaw some. You can also try some different tips. I managed to get a good seal and minimal flex with Spinfits. Everyone's different though and It seems to affect some folks more than others.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #2,422 of 3,079
I don`t quite agree with this assessment. I personally, with my gear and music, do not find mids recessed nor distant/laid-back. Male voices have nice thickness and weight.
Well maybe because my daily drivers now are the New Primacy which have forward midrange so when I switch back to my it01s, I find them have liltte bit recessed mid, but nowhere as recessed as my F9 pros. I mean, you have a very foward bass and present treble so the mids are kinda drown out in the mix.
They're V-shaped, so don't get the wrong idea that they have fowarforw, creamy thick midrange that's all.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #2,423 of 3,079
Well maybe because my daily drivers now are the New Primacy which have forward midrange so when I switch back to my it01s, I find them have liltte bit recessed mid, but nowhere as recessed as my F9 pros. I mean, you have a very foward bass and present treble so the mids are kinda drown out in the mix.
They're V-shaped, so don't get the wrong idea that they have fowarforw, creamy thick midrange that's all.
Have you tried all of the tips available to see if it makes any differences?

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,424 of 3,079
Have you tried all of the tips available to see if it makes any differences?
Yeah. The smokey wide bore seem to be the most balanced out of them.
The black small bore thicken the sound a lilttle bit, bring the music closer to you.
The smokey small bore I didn't even have the chance to try them cause one of the medium (my size) tip was missing, out of the box. Doesn't matter though.
I have the Acoustune ATE07, but I don't think they're a good match though. The sound is airy, bright, perhaps too bright to the point of being cold.
Currently end up using Spinfit Cp145. They provide a very deep fit, smoothen the sound a little bit, you lose some impact and excitement but that's fine with me.
Hope that helps.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #2,425 of 3,079
I just received a silver coated 4.4mm cable from the famous HK seller. It was a cheap($16) cable that a member recommended in this thread. I used them with It01 on my sony zx300. Here are some very preliminary and subjective impressions.
1. Vocal is noticeably further.
2. I had to turn up the volume by a big margin. This is really odd cuz zx300 has 4x more powerful output in the balanced vs SE. Seems like a problem with the cable.
3. I felt like there's a 'screen' between my ear and the IEMs. I didn't have such impression with the original cable. Either the original cable blow my new cheap cable out of the water even on SE, or I didn't have enough burn in time with the 4.4 output. I have about 40 hrs on the SE but the 4.4 is nothing.

I need to listen more to tell if there's meaningful improvement switching to balanced. But it also seems very cable and DAP dependent. The original cable is really good. I would have purchased a better balanced cable of I were to make a fair comparison.
High impedance cable. Typical "silver upgrade" cable from china.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #2,426 of 3,079
Yeah. The smokey wide bore seem to be the most balanced out of them.
The black small bore thicken the sound a lilttle bit, bring the music closer to you.
The smokey small bore I didn't even have the chance to try them cause one of the medium (my size) tip was missing, out of the box. Doesn't matter though.
I have the Acoustune ATE07, but I don't think they're a good match though. The sound is airy, bright, perhaps too bright to the point of being cold.
Currently end up using Spinfit Cp145. They provide a very deep fit, smoothen the sound a little bit, you lose some impact and excitement but that's fine with me.
Hope that helps.
Thanks ever so much for this information, this will really help once I receive both my iems later tonight.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #2,429 of 3,079
This Driver Flex is kinda bothering me, Does iBasso have good warranty with their product?

website doesn't say much or I might of missed it.

From the iBasso Policies page:

Return Policy

Our products have a 1-year warranty and a 14-day, no-questions asked return policy of the full product price when purchased through our website. Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable. If you are in need of a product return, please e-mail us for the product return form.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #2,430 of 3,079
Well according to other head-fiers and the manufacturers, it shouldn't damage your drivers. Even 2000+$ iems have driver flex so you should worry about your ear drums instead.

ahh Ok Thanks I'm just paranoid as usual.

From the iBasso Policies page:

Return Policy

Our products have a 1-year warranty and a 14-day, no-questions asked return policy of the full product price when purchased through our website. Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable. If you are in need of a product return, please e-mail us for the product return form.

Kool!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back