iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 5, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #556 of 1,036
Hi. I got my it00 yesterday and out of the box its good. But i wanna try the burn in effect, because im new to audio world. Can anyone give me a suggestion for how to do the 100 hours burn in time for the it00. Every 2 hours with 40 minutes rest or just go 100 hours full on?

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #557 of 1,036
Hi. I got my it00 yesterday and out of the box its good. But i wanna try the burn in effect, because im new to audio world. Can anyone give me a suggestion for how to do the 100 hours burn in time for the it00. Every 2 hours with 40 minutes rest or just go 100 hours full on?

put it on a loop and run it for few days on medium to high volume

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #559 of 1,036
Been using the IT00 for most of the day, mostly with my laptop for work meetings. But I've also been swapping it between a Samsung S10 with Neutron player as well as the ES100, and both deliver a very satisfying music performance. I'm really impressed with the level of detail you get for $80.

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #560 of 1,036

put it on a loop and run it for few days on medium to high volume

I have known of drivers that have been burned out using high volume. I would suggest a normal listening level. Pure constant pink noise puts more stress on drivers than standard music.

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #562 of 1,036
I tried a few things to lower that mids warmth a little, but couldn't find a reversible and reliable solution. So, finally I ran out of patience and pierced the front vent, lol.
9jpx3U3.png

Well, that's definitely a viable solution, but since it's non-reversible, I recommend to proceed with caution! Oh, and pretty sure this will void your warrenty! With that said, most importantly, you'll need a very thin and sharp needle. I used a 40 gauge felting needle, which is thinner and sharper than any regular needle I know:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=40+Gauge+Needle+Felting+Needle&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The mod itself is easy, the front vent is the one closer to the nozzle. The mesh behind it is quite sturdy, hence repeated (but careful!) piercing might be necessary. There's quite a bit of headroom between the mesh and the driver, so if you do it carefully, the risk of harming the driver is very low.

Anyway, this has lowered the bass range considerably on my IT00, and though there's still some slight mids warmth from a little bump around 300Hz, the overall sound signature is clearly more neutral now. Note that the mod still retains nice slam and sub-bass, which sounds more prominent than it looks in the graph imo. Overall, I'm very happy with the result and the IT00 sounds pretty awesome with all my test tracks now.

Again, this mod isn't for everyone and only recommended, if you know what you're doing... but if the stock sound is too warm / bassy for you, this might be the way to go.

(DF-compensated; grey = IT00 stock, green = IT00 tgx78 mod, blue + red = IT00 L/R front vent mod)

S28PwYm.jpg

Ok just did this. Love Love it! Bass still nicely extended and perfect quantity for my taste now. Vocal is better separated and clearer sounding. Classical music sounds amazing now. Cheers @james444
Mesh had slight resistance as you said but they were easy to pierce.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #565 of 1,036
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #567 of 1,036
Hi everyone .Ibasso it01s or it00?

Do you mean IT01S (ie the S model with DLC diaphragm)? Or do you mean the original IT01 (with no S)?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #570 of 1,036
Ok just did this. Love Love it! Bass still nicely extended and perfect quantity for my taste now. Vocal is better separated and clearer sounding. Classical music sounds amazing now. Cheers @james444
Mesh had slight resistance as you said but they were easy to pierce.

Hey, glad you like it! A little heads-up though, the mesh is quite strong and the holes may (partly) reclose by themselves over time. So, if you notice bass & warmth becoming more prominent again, then it's time to repeat the mod.

Fun tidbit, listening to the IT00 with pierced vents, it immediately reminded me of some other IEM...

(DF-compensated, green = IT00 front vent mod, blue = Dunu Luna)
JXkpjKR.jpg

So, basically: IT00 + front vent mod = poor man's Dunu Luna.
9jpx3U3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back