iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #256 of 1,036

Full steam ahead!

Let's hope it is good! I'm very interested in getting a set now. Seems most users are unanimous in praising the IT100 so far.

The last CHIFI mega hypetrain (Moondrop SSR) crashed pretty badly after it was hyped to the moon and then within days was mysteriously taken off shelves due to some purported QC issue. Up till today the SSR still isn't back for sale. Strange one.
636346245671036918-XXX-DEC-3228-92113297.jpg

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #257 of 1,036
Has anyone successfully swap out the mmcx cable on the IT00?
Tolerance is so tight that I can’t not remove them no matter what I do.
Should I use my teeth?

Edit: 15 mins of trying and still can’t get it off! I am about to purchase another set to attach 2.5mm balanced cable now.

Edit2: This feels tighter than Campfire Audio’s beryllium copper mmcx connector wth.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #258 of 1,036
Let's hope it is good! I'm very interested in getting a set now. Seems most users are unanimous in praising the IT100 so far.

The last CHIFI mega hypetrain (Moondrop SSR) crashed pretty badly after it was hyped to the moon and then within days was mysteriously taken off shelves due to some purported QC issue. Up till today the SSR still isn't back for sale. Strange one.
636346245671036918-XXX-DEC-3228-92113297.jpg

4829794E-B973-4EA4-97CC-1B1F81F7B839.jpeg

I don’t know about the SSR, did it really had that much hype going on? As soon as I saw their frequency response, I knew I wasn’t going to buy it.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #260 of 1,036
Should I use my teeth?

Edit: 15 mins of trying and still can’t get it off! I am about to purchase another set to attach 2.5mm balanced cable now.

Edit2: This feels tighter than Campfire Audio’s beryllium copper mmcx connector wth.

I haven't got my IT100 yet, but I use this Final Assist MMCX remover tool usually, very easy to detach stubborn MMCX connectors. Works as long as there is a gap for the tool to go in:

Some IEMs eg Westones, don't have a gap by design, so I use some car tool kit thing like this to dig inside the MMCX connector for removal: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32953891187.html

4829794E-B973-4EA4-97CC-1B1F81F7B839.jpeg

I don’t know about the SSR, did it really had that much hype going on? As soon as I saw their frequency response, I knew I wasn’t going to buy it.

There was mega hype about it, yeah cause it was supposedly close to diffuse field tuning for cheap. I saw the graphs too and gave it a miss due to the 3 kHz fierce spike with lack of bass. Though, they are coming out with a SSP (pulse) bassier variant though, also purportedly beryllium drivers, that one looks interesting.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #261 of 1,036
For those of us who have the it00, and it's a short time for all of us, I would say they get better with brain burn in and DD burn in. We are talking $69.00....I say no more. All the talk cannot take away the experience of just listening to the it00, to ones favourite music or some good live content on YouTube. Rarely can we call the sound of an IEM 'beautiful' (remember $69) but I think with the it00 we can. When you get it....it's not hype. Just reality.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #262 of 1,036
Ok when I first hold the IT00 on my own hand, I knew right away it has a good potential to mod with 2 vent holes and screw type dust filter.
So here it goes, it was bound to happen.

6E3379C2-C5EE-4822-A45D-1D1F5CFBA948.jpeg

If you open the box, there included extra set of screw in type metal filters.
Idea is simple, just like how james444 modded the JVC FD01 with dried alcohol swab cut into 4mm x 13mm strips and rolled into the metal filter to dampen the upper mids and lower treble peaks.

5B82BA3F-B654-4FB6-824C-75E9B3567FE2.jpeg
A7AFBF8F-911C-4744-B96A-4D7F72C81397.jpeg
D122A178-512C-44FB-88C0-DB92732FFE96.jpeg
24C5BDE9-1946-4C6B-8FCE-940CBEDB591A.jpeg

Use scotch tape to close the outer vent hole. This roughly reduces overall bass region about 3-4dbs to my ears, balancing out entire frequency spectrum.
Don’t worry, Bass is still linear and well extended.
Mids are now more inline with the rest of frequency.

Sounds so amazing now and it’s all reversible for you guys to try and tweak further.

Ibasso really hit it out of the ballpark with the IT00. I am listening to it right now with a total disbelief that I only paid sixty nine something US dollars. This really sounds much better than anything I've tried in this price range or even more.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #264 of 1,036
iBasso IT00 – crazy good!

it00a.jpg

Not a full review – received the IT00 a few days ago so posting my impressions. (Thanks to Minidisc in Sydney – great service as always!)

The short version – these are ridiculously good for sub $100 iems.

Simple, tasteful design which is very comfortable. The cable is fine – preformed earhooks fit me well (YMMV), the cable is reasonably soft, not tangly, not much cable noise, right angle jack. Nothing to get excited about but it’s satisfactory.

Bass: Controlled with good extension and plenty of impact. My test music for bass is the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack, which has a lot of distinct rumbling base sounds layered on top of each other. The IT00 does a great job of delivering the visceral grunt of a track like “Wallace”, while also presenting the details. I own the IT04 (both have 10mm graphene drivers) and bass quality is on par with the 04.

Mids: Tuning of the bass and mids is very similar to the IT01, but the 00 has less energy in the 5 – 8K area. The effect is that the mids are less recessed than on the 01, and the overall sound is more balanced. Despite the similar looking graphs, the tonality and resolution are clearly better on the 00. Not quite as resolving as the ER2XR, but also not as lean sounding. A bit of extra thickness in the mids gives vocals a pleasing fullness.

Highs: Crisp, smooth and no sibilance. The highs are quite interesting in that these are not bright iems, but they have great soundstage. There is clearly less treble energy than the Tin T4 for example, and they have a non-fatiguing sound that can be enjoyed for several hours. (I like the T4 but it gets a bit much after an hour or so). The 00 has quite a wide soundstage and good imaging (considering the price, great imaging). Looking at a graph I would assume that the price for dialing back the 5 and 8K peaks would be a narrower, more intimate stage – but not at all. I use Yosi Horikawa for testing soundstage and imaging and the 00 goes toe-to-toe with the T4 on width and depth and sense of location (although I think the T4 has a bit more height). The 00 Is not for treble-heads, but playing tracks I know well I had no sense of anything missing from the treble.

X factor: While I think these are very competent, well-tuned iems, I find the standard review format of Bass / Mids / Highs / technicalities etc often misses the standout qualities of an iem. It’s like describing the taste of a meal by explaining the balance of salt, sugar and acid in the flavour. The information may be accurate but it can be hard to tell whether you will enjoy the flavour. So running with the food analogy – I would describe the IT00 as ‘delicious’. Sometimes people praise earphones by saying they can hear details in songs they never heard before. These are in no way lacking in detail, but their virtues are not forensic. Playing favorite songs with the IT00, they just sound ‘right’. It’s like my nanna’s pasta sauce – I have tried making it, I use all the same ingredients and it turns out pretty good – but hers just tastes better. So sure, the IT00 punches about its price point, great value, yada yada yada. But what I really like about these earphones is that they are so damn pleasurable. When you seek the specific pleasure of chilling out and losing yourself in some tunes, the IT00 delivers satisfaction like your favourite comfort food.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #265 of 1,036
Should I use my teeth?

wedge the tip of your thumb against the body of the iem so you're not just pulling but pushing at the same time.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #266 of 1,036
Not from the graph, but sometimes you can guess from the diaphragm material used or driver type.
Wonderful.....that I totally agree with. But what makes this hobby so enthralling is that there are so many variables and certain things come from unexpected places. Graphs are useful, but we need a graph for 'joy' where we are in the moment absorbed.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #267 of 1,036
Should I use my teeth?

I use a metal pick to lift the MMCX from behind. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Ok when I first hold the IT00 on my own hand, I knew right away it has a good potential to mod with 2 vent holes and screw type dust filter.
So here it goes, it was bound to happen.

If you open the box, there included extra set of screw in type metal filters.
Idea is simple, just like how james444 modded JVC FD01 with dried alcohol swab cut into 4mm x 13mm strips and rolled into the metal filter to dampen the upper mids and lower treble peaks.

Use scotch tape to close the outer vent hole. This roughly reduces overall bass region about 3-4dbs to my ears, balancing out entire frequency spectrum.
Don’t worry, Bass is still linear and well extended.
Mids are now more inline with the rest of frequency.

Sounds so amazing now and it’s all reversible for you guys to try and tweak further.

Ibasso really hit it out of the ballpark with the IT00. I am listening to it right now with a total disbelief that I only paid sixty nine something US dollars. This really sounds much better than anything I tried in this price range or even more.
Glad you enjoy the IT00. That's why I am so enthusiastic about the IT00. When I first heard it, I knew instantly the IT00 is going to be a hit and well-received by many. However, I want to burn in/listen for a while before giving my verdict. The rest is history. Cheers.

SSR is not good at all hence I did not mention it. As I mentioned before in the discovery thread, it is all about the fundamentals - reference point, experience and listening preferences. The more experienced you are, the easier it is for you to discern what's good. There is a reason why most of my gear recommendations are spot on. Ultimately, it is to enjoy the music. Cheers and Happy Listening! :)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-3232#post-15757247

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #269 of 1,036
But what I really like about these earphones is that they are so damn pleasurable. When you seek the specific pleasure of chilling out and losing yourself in some tunes, the IT00 delivers satisfaction like your favourite comfort food.
So much this. Where the Moondrop Starlight is polite and inoffensive, a girl next door, IT00 is the same girl after she dolls herself up a little.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #270 of 1,036
Only just owned the IT00 for a couple of days, and while I like it a lot, here are some things that could be better about it, IMO (Just to counterbalance all the positive reception on this thread :))

- Sub-bass notes could use a bit more punch and separation. The bass line on the Persona 5 title screen, for example, kinda blurs together. The Sony MH755 also has this problem in my experience, and the BL-03 is better in this regard.
- Some electric guitar tracks sounds too pushed back compared to what I'm used to. Especially noticeable on Strawberry Girls' First Kiss and Spanish Bay.
- As mentioned a few times in this thread, driver flex. Doesn't annoy me that much on insertion, but definitely bothersome when you're listening while laying on bed, on your side.

Just to reiterate, I still like this IEM! It's almost like it's tuned for J-Core, lol. The combination of bass extension + non-piercing sound signature + ability to keep up with fast tracks + stage makes those kind of tracks sound atmospheric, fierce, yet non-fatiguing. If you're a rhythm gamer, you should check this IEM out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back