iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #271 of 1,036
...but their virtues are not forensic. Playing favorite songs with the IT00, they just sound ‘right’. It’s like my nanna’s pasta sauce – I have tried making it, I use all the same ingredients and it turns out pretty good – but hers just tastes better. So sure, the IT00 punches about its price point, great value, yada yada yada. But what I really like about these earphones is that they are so damn pleasurable.
Great analogy! That is precisely how I feel about the BL03s, and this seems to have all of that magic, and takes it up several notches, including with technicalities. I can’t wait to get my pair!

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #272 of 1,036

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #273 of 1,036
Really looking forward to more comparisons with the Starfield, as these two seem to be the most compelling buys in the IEM world right now.

How does one tell timbre from a graph? Not a trick question....but how?
Spectral analysis would show some of it (rise, decay, envelope, etc), but a lot of the rest would be experimenting with the resonance properties of the materials used, specifically in combination with one another. I'd imagine something like that can be simulated to determine a desired result, but obviously you can't really identify exactly what's happening in a finished product purely from the measurements.

Everything involved in the process is physics at the end of the day, but perfecting that for both the intended sound signature and the variety of use cases (read: ear canal) is enormously complex. Given the advent of 3D printing, the dropping cost of imaging an ear and the rise in computational capacity to run the related simulations to have a machine learning algorithm craft a tailored solution, it's going to be an exciting ride for audio over the next 20 years.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #274 of 1,036
Really looking forward to more comparisons with the Starfield, as these two seem to be the most compelling buys in the IEM world right now.

Spectral analysis would show some of it (rise, decay, envelope, etc), but a lot of the rest would be experimenting with the resonance properties of the materials used, specifically in combination with one another. I'd imagine something like that can be simulated to determine a desired result, but obviously you can't really identify exactly what's happening in a finished product purely from the measurements.

Everything involved in the process is physics at the end of the day, but perfecting that for both the intended sound signature and the variety of use cases (read: ear canal) is enormously complex. Given the advent of 3D printing, the dropping cost of imaging an ear and the rise in computational capacity to run the related simulations to have a machine learning algorithm craft a tailored solution, it's going to be an exciting ride for audio over the next 20 years.

There is so much about sound, our, brains and the complexity of our senses. A graph is a great representation, but only a representation. In the final analysis it is being in the moment and listening that is reality. The 'Zen' of music.....how it feeds us and all the feeling, emotion and meaning in the moment. I think the it00 is great at bringing us into the 'Zen' moment. It does that for me and I've never had an IEM for free or owe any company a minute of my life. I'm just a poor boy who has been in this audio hobby since the 60's and need my IEMs to match the small income I have. The it00 is $69.00......crazy......cheap as chips!

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #275 of 1,036
There is so much about sound, our, brains and the complexity of our senses. A graph is a great representation, but only a representation. In the final analysis it is being in the moment and listening that is reality. The 'Zen' of music.....how it feeds us and all the feeling, emotion and meaning in the moment. I think the it00 is great at bringing us into the 'Zen' moment. It does that for me and I've never had an IEM for free or owe any company a minute of my life. I'm just a poor boy who has been in this audio hobby since the 60's and need my IEMs to match the small income I have. The it00 is $69.00......crazy!
" I'm just a poor boy "
Guess I am an infant then :joy:

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #276 of 1,036
It looks ike BGGAR has found the it00 to his liking. It will surely grow on him. He's had his tracks and method of comparing for a long time, so he has a certain consistency. It's good to see he likes it. But we who own it know that the it00 is a great IEM anyway. It's great to see him confirm it though. Best £62.60p I've spent in years.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #278 of 1,036

Starfield has lost a bit of luster as of late. I would recommend the IT00 or even the Tin T2+ instead.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #279 of 1,036
Starfield has lost a bit of luster as of late. I would recommend the IT00 or even the Tin T2+ instead.
I've A/B'd the it00 and the Tin Hifi T2 plus for a while now. The it00 is a level above. The Tin Hifi T2 plus is really good, I really like it, but best not to A/B it.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #280 of 1,036
I hate you guys....
1595859373233.png

:joy:

thats like 100 usd...so damn expensive for us europeans...

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #283 of 1,036
I too have owned both for a couple of weeks now... Very different tonalities, really. Complementary rather than antagonistic.
graph.png
Or so we tell ourselves time and time again to justify owning all these sets...

I keep asking myself why I need another well tuned single DD and I just don't have a good answer other than "I want to". "I might need a backup to my backup to my backup lawn mowing set of IEMs" really doesn't seem to be sufficient justification anymore.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #284 of 1,036
I too have owned both for a couple of weeks now... Very different tonalities, really. Complementary rather than antagonistic.
graph.png
I think it is the clarity when changing from one to the other that shows the it00 is special. I really like the Tin HiFi T2 plus and I would rec it, but this it00 would be my main rec.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #285 of 1,036
Or so we tell ourselves time and time again to justify owning all these sets...

I keep asking myself why I need another well tuned single DD and I just don't have a good answer other than "I want to". "I might need a backup to my backup to my backup lawn mowing set of IEMs" really doesn't seem to be sufficient justification anymore.
No, really. Just look at the graph. They really are different. And good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back