iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 8, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #857 of 864
Hi everyone. I have a strange problem with my dx90. , it plays the music but the player won't indicate playing
It's always at 0:00 and I can't seek through the song.
However it only happens to some mp3 albums and flac files are fine.
V2.5.1
Dx90L2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #858 of 864
Hi
I always listen to albums, I don't use playlists and other nonsense.
Recently, my iBasso DX90 started playing songs in albums by alphabetical order. How can I make it play albums in the proper sequence again (i.e., by file name)?

For example, if we take the album "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC, it has these songs with the following file names:

01. Highway to Hell
02. Girls Got Rhythm
03. Walk All Over You
04. Touch Too Much
05. Beating Around the Bush
06. Shot Down in Flames
07. Get It Hot
08. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
09. Love Hungry Man
10. Night Prowler

But my player plays these songs in this alphabetical sequence:

Beating Around the Bush
Get It Hot
Girls Got Rhythm
Highway to Hell
If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Love Hungry Man
Night Prowler
Shot Down in Flames
Touch Too Much
Walk All Over You

I use the firmware DX90FirmwareV2.5.1-L3.zip from Lurker.

The Play Mode is set to "Order", but it does not help.

I also noticed that when I go to "Now Playing", the list of the songs from the current folder (album) is shown alphabetically, not by file number.

Any assistance and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #859 of 864
Hi
I always listen to albums, I don't use playlists and other nonsense.
Recently, my iBasso DX90 started playing songs in albums by alphabetical order. How can I make it play albums in the proper sequence again (i.e., by file name)?

For example, if we take the album "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC, it has these songs with the following file names:

01. Highway to Hell
02. Girls Got Rhythm
03. Walk All Over You
04. Touch Too Much
05. Beating Around the Bush
06. Shot Down in Flames
07. Get It Hot
08. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
09. Love Hungry Man
10. Night Prowler

But my player plays these songs in this alphabetical sequence:

Beating Around the Bush
Get It Hot
Girls Got Rhythm
Highway to Hell
If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Love Hungry Man
Night Prowler
Shot Down in Flames
Touch Too Much
Walk All Over You

I use the firmware DX90FirmwareV2.5.1-L3.zip from Lurker.

The Play Mode is set to "Order", but it does not help.

I also noticed that when I go to "Now Playing", the list of the songs from the current folder (album) is shown alphabetically, not by file number.

Any assistance and guidance will be highly appreciated.
When you listen to albums from directory, dx90 reads file names not tags. So you will need to rename your MP3 files with numbers at the beginning.

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #860 of 864
When you listen to albums from directory, dx90 reads file names not tags. So you will need to rename your MP3 files with numbers at the beginning.

This is how it is now. All my albums are in each separate folder. All my file names are in the format "01 - It's a long way to the top,flac", "02 - Crazy man.flac", etc. And still the problems described above persists.

I suspect the problem is contrary to what you say. DX90 reads tags first, not file names. But in the absence of tags, it reads file names.

I will try to delete all the tags from my music files and see if the problem goes away...

Thanks, anyway.

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #861 of 864
Hi
I just got a problem with power on iBasso Dx90. Currently, I'm using 2.5.1 firmware and original Samsung s3 battery (replaced it due to the worn out stock Pisen battery).
My situation is unable to turn off the device since it automatic turn on again and lead to drain out my battery quite fast. I tried every solutions, such as brought another battery, factory reset and wipe out data, remove sd card, cleaned the device and also tried with the old Pisen battery. None of them work.

This version is quite old but I really love the sound so i don't want to buy the new version

Very appreciate if anyone can help me.

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #862 of 864
Sounds like it could be a faulty/bad power switch. Have you tried to connect it to your computer with a cable and does it behave the same?

You could try sending an email to Paul at iBasso - he is very good about responding to emails and it might be possible to send it in to iBasso for repairs but might be a bit costly to ship/fix/etc.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #863 of 864
Sounds like it could be a faulty/bad power switch. Have you tried to connect it to your computer with a cable and does it behave the same?

You could try sending an email to Paul at iBasso - he is very good about responding to emails and it might be possible to send it in to iBasso for repairs but might be a bit costly to ship/fix/etc.

Cheers,
Tim
It seem like everything fine with cable. Also, i recognize that this happened when only fully charged. Device worked normal when half charged. Quite weird!!

I will try to send an email to Paul. I think of its at first, yet i hadn't expected to receive answer from them ( this version quite old so i don't know if them answer me)

Anyway, thank you for the advice
Dat

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #864 of 864
Hello — anyone using a 1 TB SD card in their DX90? I’ve been using one without issue until now. I still have well over 500 GB available on the card, yet now when I add music and rescan the library, even from scratch, there are files missing from the interface.

Has anyone else encountered this, and do you know of a fix? Or have I run up against some sort of limit or restriction on the number of albums/songs that can be represented by the interface?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back